Calling all DIY'ers

Got it from Skyblue in early June, don't see it on their site anymore.

Check: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/some-new-tfa-flavours-skyblue.t11218/ #23,
came in with the New Flavours like Blueberry Extra, Pomegranate etc.

I love the smell but don't ask me to describe it, I suck at giving detailed descriptions of flavours.

Best to describe see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boysenberry which describe it as

"A boysenberry /ˈbɔɪzənbɛri/ is a cross between a European Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), a Common Blackberry (Rubus fruticosus), an American Dewberry (Rubus aboriginum) and a Loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus).[2]"

Thanks for that.
I'm just going to sub it for some Raspberry, since the recipe already has Blackberry. I'm sure it will be nice.

Yea, Google some pics, they're super similar. I've got 2 different ones on the way and am curious about the flavour

Hi all DIY'ers,

I've been playing around with some DIY and so far enjoying it tremendously. So far playing it safe with mostly attempts on clones/online e-liquid recipes (which I tweaked/altered to my palate).

So far played with a Bombies - Black out city clone, Mustard's Milk, Derailed a like clone, Blue berry Ice Cream Waffle, Dragon's Blood, Orange Cream/ Coconut Extra, Lime Ice (Credit to @Silver) and some other Fruity/ menthol combinations.

My current goal is more challenging moving towards Pipe/ Cigar Tobacco flavours and have already gather a few online recipes to get a feeling towards percentages and flavour profiles. I like my dark tobacco's, strong coffee/ chocolate with fruity and woody undertones and would like to replicate these in my DIY attempts.

Looking at the following ideas: (TFA Flavours from Skyblue)

1. Cherry Cigar/Pipe tobacco ( Black Mild/ Black Cherry) - like those Blackstone Cherry Cigarillos
2. Vanilla Tobacco (Black mild/ French Vannilla/ Vanilla Swirl) - Example Smoked Custard
3. Mocha Tobacco ( Black Mild/ Dulche/ Kahlua Cream/ Double Chocolate etc.)
4. Orange Cream Tobacco ( Black Mild/ Orange Cream/ Double Chocolate) - like Bournville dark Chocolate with orange
5. Apple Pie Tobacco ( Black Mild/ Apple Pie) - something in the line of a famous Cowboy apple pie
6. Complex Tobacco ( Black mild/ Cinnamon danish/ Grahams Cracker/ Cocunut Extra/ Banana cream) - a bit of Boba's without the almond

I also have the aditional additives (Acetyl Pyrazine/Smooth/ EM ) and flavours (Sweet Cream, Bavarian Cream) and yes the vinegar (applecider 7%) for #6

I'm well aware on the curing time for these juices (2-3 weeks) and will be glad to post tried recipes in this thread.

Will appreciate any advice/ headsup's from all Master DIY'ers/ mixologist out there.

Also a Big thanks to all the contributors to this thread, sure makes the DIY a lot easier and understandable.

Thanks for the credit @acorn
Those juices you want to make sound really amazing
All the best with it

PS - please carry on telling us how its going. I enjoy reading your posts

I have vapers fatigue and cannot taste anything any more. So I find it so much cheaper to just get plain 50/50 liquid at 12 mg nic and I have gotten used to it.

I have vapers fatigue and cannot taste anything any more. So I find it so much cheaper to just get plain 50/50 liquid at 12 mg nic and I have gotten used to it.
Perhaps a blessing in disguise. It does sometimes get quite pricey buying new premium liquids, especially when some vape over 15 ml a day!

Hey all...

Sorry for the absence. I'm really happy to see that there are more "DIY'ers" joining the ranks! :p

For my absence I will present to you a new mix of mine! I got the inspiration from a night of drinking with my friends, and it seems to turned out okay. The shooter is called a "Dirty Rascal" and tastes like the smell you get when opening a packet of rascals... it's a pretty simple mix which consists of Amaretto and lime.

Here's my attempt:

TFA Amaretto 12%
TFA Lemon & Lime 2% or 3%
10% EM Sweetener - 3 Drops for every 5ml

I vary between 2 and 3 percent lemon and lime, depending on how "zesty" I want it to be.

Hey all...

Sorry for the absence. I'm really happy to see that there are more "DIY'ers" joining the ranks! :p

For my absence I will present to you a new mix of mine! I got the inspiration from a night of drinking with my friends, and it seems to turned out okay. The shooter is called a "Dirty Rascal" and tastes like the smell you get when opening a packet of rascals... it's a pretty simple mix which consists of Amaretto and lime.

Here's my attempt:

TFA Amaretto 12%
TFA Lemon & Lime 2% or 3%
10% EM Sweetener
Thanx dude finally I can try amaretto!

Thanx dude finally I can try amaretto!

If you like Amaretto, try out this recipe... it's been a success with many who have tried it:

TFA Amaretto 12%
TFA Coconut 8%
TFA Sweet Cream 4%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2%
10 EM - 2 Drops for every 10ml

It seems like a lot of flavour, but it really comes out mellow. I would use coconut extra if I had it, but I havent gotten round to buying it yet....

@UnholyMunk shot bro yeah will definitely put it on my list (millions of screen shots)of recipes to try, unfortunately coconut and sweet cream r on my next month's "to buy list'

Yo guys so I've been mixing for about a month now and finally mixed a juice that I wana share. Can't really put a name to it but it's nice! It still needs some work tho so I'm open to any and all criticism

Strawberry ripe -7%
Vanilla custard -4%
Koolada -2.5%
Lemon lime -0.5%
All flavours are TFA
Thanx in advance

Of and I've let it steep for a week

Last edited:
Yo guys so I've been mixing for about a month now and finally mixed a juice that I wana share. Can't really put a name to it but it's nice! It still needs some work tho so I'm open to any and all criticism

Strawberry ripe -7%
Vanilla custard -4%
Koolada -2.5%
Lemon lime -0.5%
All flavours are TFA
Thanx in advance

Of and I've let it steep for a week
i should be getting my lemon lime today then i have all the ingredients for this. will give it a try

Great cheap find at Crazy Store for DIY Mixing at only R27, not best of quality so bought two just for in case...
Frother DIY.jpg

First attempt on Tobacco mix planned for the this weekend, trying to start simple...

Cherry Tobacco
upload_2015-7-16_19-27-37.png

Any reason for black cherry over regular cherry?

Looks good otherwise!! Don't rush the steeping, tobaccos really need time

With all the hoo-ha about diacetal in the news recently, :'m surprised that so many people use acetal pyrazine so easily.

Any reason for black cherry over regular cherry?

Looks good otherwise!! Don't rush the steeping, tobaccos really need time

Yes wanted to go less sweet on the cherry and planning on steeping for at least two weeks,
The regular cherry I want to try later on in a Dessert Type IE Black Forest Cake or something, so many ideas, limited time/budget

Thanks appreciate the advise

Ah ok, I personally would have picked the regular cherry over the black cherry for tobacco as I find the black tastes like medicine. Let us know how it turns out

With all the hoo-ha about diacetal in the news recently, :'m surprised that so many people use acetal pyrazine so easily.

After 25 years two packets a day, and not making this as a ADV, but an occasional vape, I'll take the risk

Well aware, and thanks for the concern :)

Ah ok, I personally would have picked the regular cherry over the black cherry for tobacco as I find the black tastes like medicine. Let us know how it turns out

Thank's will certainly do :)

Haven't seen much about the risks of acetyl Pyrazine. Only about acetyl propionyl. Do you have more info about it cant find much online.

Haven't seen much about the risks of acetyl Pyrazine. Only about acetyl propionyl. Do you have more info about it cant find much online.

My bad, I mixed up the two :oops: Always hated organic chemistry....

Hi guys ... feel I need to share this 1 - refreshing & not rich.

Greek Yoghurt (TFA) - 8%
Mixed Berry (VM) - 7%
Sweet Raspberry (TFA) - 3%
Blackberry (TFA) - 4%
Condensed Milk (FA) - 2%
Koolad - 1%

Enjoy!

Hi Guys, here is a little nice recipe, for a Pineapple, menthol creamish vape. I like it and so does @UnholyMunk. You get a good Pineapple and vanilla fusion, straight after that comes the sweet cream and to round things of, is a slight bit of menthol on the exhale. If you feel that the menthol is a bit weak, you can go to 1.5%, but I wouldn't dare go more.

Attachments

• Pinapple vanilla cream Menthol.jpg
    Pinapple vanilla cream Menthol.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 47
Back