Calling all DIY'ers

My Candy Apple... Hee hee

FW Candy Cane 9%
FA Fuji Apple 4%
TFA Wintergreen 0.25%

Edit - the apple starts fading after a few hours, so going to bump up to 4% in V2

Last edited:
As promised to Andre my favourite 2 versions of my Tobacco vape. If less sweet is desired just cut back the caramel and add 1% FA Dark Vapure or Cuban cigar.
upload_2016-5-18_23-8-33.png

upload_2016-5-18_23-10-19.png

As promised to Andre my favourite 2 versions of my Tobacco vape. If less sweet is desired just cut back the caramel and add 1% FA Dark Vapure or Cuban cigar.
View attachment 54763

View attachment 54764
Thank you so much @RezaD. Off to Valley Vapour to see about some flavours!

My very first DIY tobacco is curing. If a success, shall certainly share here.

EDIT: Just noticed - in the first recipe the vanilla says 0.0 % and in the second one there is a 0.0 % for the Dark Vapure?

Last edited:
Yes the first one has vanilla missing as I ran out when I made the last batch. The second one has 0 % Dark Vapure as sometimes I include it or swop with Cuban Cigar and sometimes I exclude it depending on the mood I'm in. Hope that make sense. This recipe also lends well to the addition of fruit flavours as a top note at 0.5 to 2% although the non sweet fruit flavours tend to be more suitable.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Yes the first one has vanilla missing as I ran out when I made the last batch. The second one has 0 % Dark Vapure as sometimes I include it or swop with Cuban Cigar and sometimes I exclude it depending on the mood I'm in. Hope that make sense. This recipe also lends well to the addition of fruit flavours as a top note at 0.5 to 2% although the non sweet fruit flavours tend to be more suitable.

Thanks, that makes sense. Last question - where do you get the TFA Black Honey Tobacco?

Unfortunately Valley Vapour does not stock it. I usually buy it at www.ecigexpress.com they sell it under their Signature brand which is rebranded TFA. I just get it there as I buy it in bulk which is 2 x 120ml bottles which forms part of my annual R2k order from them. I also found the reviews on that site rather helpful in choosing new flavours I want to try although I have bought non 5 star flavours which were actually really good. There are some drier tobacco flavours in the Flavour Art range which is probably more along your taste. Black Fire is one of the gems as it adds that ashy type flavour to the mix. Looking for something peppery with a very slight liquorice note then Perique is for you. I am getting my new stock in the next 10 days so PM me your address and I will send you a 10ml bottle of black honey to try. Start with just that at 5% and then add things like black fire and perique. After a week you can add the remaining flavours in the recipe. Some people liked it with just black honey and some with just black fire added and some with black fire and perique or Cuban. Infinite combinations.

Hey @RezaD - when did you order from ECX? I tried recently and was told they no longer accept orders from SA unless you pay with bitcoin ;-(

Hey @RezaD - when did you order from ECX? I tried recently and was told they no longer accept orders from SA unless you pay with bitcoin ;-(
Yes that is true. They claim they are covering themselves as SA is seen as a country where credit card fraud is prevalent. If that were the case they could have just changed to PayPal which would have shielded them from it. I was really upset by that. Fortunately I have a colleague who is from the US and just shipped it to his parent's house. The payment options are governed by the billing and shipping address so I used that address for both which then allowed me to pay with my Visa card. I guess you could use the myus.com account to circumvent it but then your shipping cost will be much higher.

Alternatively the only other alternative is to pay with Bitcoins which is a PITA. I have a year to think about my next order. Lol.

I have also bought from RTSVAPES but the shipping is more and the variety of brands is less. If I remember correctly RTSVAPES does not stock TFA.

Or you could ask Valley Vapours to import the TFA black honey flavour.

Yeah, I usually just buy direct from TFA etc, but ECX carries a few rare and interesting things under one roof, really sucks that they've changed their policy.

Heres one of my favorite vape mixes,
I like a nice subtle flavor and this one came out super nice, it gives a very slight throat hit and is definitely for the guys that like soft flavor.
2% hazelnut TFA
2% amarula TFA
3% White chocolate TFA
8% Frosted Doughnut TFA
20% PG / 80% VG
6mg Nic
Ive found this works best if steeped for a week and left open to breathe fro 6 hours.

Again, this is a very subtle flavor, I enjoy this for an all day vape.
If anyone happens to try it let me know what you think.

Just mixed up a batch of what I think is going to be wicked.
Cinnamon donut ice cream, once steeped and im happy ill share recipe

Would like to find out mustard milk does one use strawberry or strawberry ripe from TFA? What nice recipes are there for fuji apple

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Would like to find out mustard milk does one use strawberry or strawberry ripe from TFA? What nice recipes are there for fuji apple

Strawberry (TFA) according to the source:

"Strawberries and cream. Most people love it and some of the most popular vendor e-liquids are a variation on this flavor profile.

We see numerous attempts to clone Mother's Milk, Unicorn Milk, etc, and many of these clone recipes push into the way-too-many-flavorings category. You can – with few ingredients – make a great strawberries and cream at home. Don't make it too complicated!

Here's my extremely simple recipe for a very tasty take on this profile:

Mustard Milk - Simple Strawberries and Cream

Ingredient %
Strawberry (TPA) 6
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 8
PG/VG: 30/70

Flavor total: 14%

Huh? Only two ingredients? Yep! No cheesecake, no graham, no fumbling with "stone" bases or 4-layer creams. It's easy, new-mixer friendly, uses cheap flavorings, and it rocks.

TFA's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a fantastic flavor. It's rich, buttery (more on that in a second), packed with authentic vanilla flavor. It mixes perfectly with TFA's Strawberry (not Ripe, not Organic) to create an exceptionally smooth and delicious vape.

The Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is complex enough on its own that it doesn't need other supporting creams in this use case. At 8% it provides a wonderful base that carries the strawberry flavor and augments its sweetness.

TFA Strawberry is very sweet and a bit tangy, which compliments the milky notes of the ice cream.".

Strawberry (TFA) according to the source:

"Strawberries and cream. Most people love it and some of the most popular vendor e-liquids are a variation on this flavor profile.

We see numerous attempts to clone Mother's Milk, Unicorn Milk, etc, and many of these clone recipes push into the way-too-many-flavorings category. You can – with few ingredients – make a great strawberries and cream at home. Don't make it too complicated!

Here's my extremely simple recipe for a very tasty take on this profile:

Mustard Milk - Simple Strawberries and Cream

Ingredient %
Strawberry (TPA) 6
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 8
PG/VG: 30/70

Flavor total: 14%

Huh? Only two ingredients? Yep! No cheesecake, no graham, no fumbling with "stone" bases or 4-layer creams. It's easy, new-mixer friendly, uses cheap flavorings, and it rocks.

TFA's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a fantastic flavor. It's rich, buttery (more on that in a second), packed with authentic vanilla flavor. It mixes perfectly with TFA's Strawberry (not Ripe, not Organic) to create an exceptionally smooth and delicious vape.

The Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is complex enough on its own that it doesn't need other supporting creams in this use case. At 8% it provides a wonderful base that carries the strawberry flavor and augments its sweetness.

TFA Strawberry is very sweet and a bit tangy, which compliments the milky notes of the ice cream.".
Thanks bud I appreciate the help

I make Mustard Milk with Strawberry Ripe with a hint of Raspberry Sweet to make it pop. I don't like candy strawberry flavours.

As for Fuji, you can actually use it with VBIC the same as Mustard Milk. I also played around with a Fuji Custard idea and came up with something I like to call FuTard. To get FuTarded:

Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA - 4%
Malted Milk TFA - 2,5%
Fuji FA - 6%
Vanilla Custard TFA - 3%

I make Mustard Milk with Strawberry Ripe with a hint of Raspberry Sweet to make it pop. I don't like candy strawberry flavours.

As for Fuji, you can actually use it with VBIC the same as Mustard Milk. I also played around with a Fuji Custard idea and came up with something I like to call FuTard. To get FuTarded:

Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA - 4%
Malted Milk TFA - 2,5%
Fuji FA - 6%
Vanilla Custard TFA - 3%
Very interesting spin on mustard milk sound great... the same with fuji apple recipe. Was looking around and don't see vendors with fuji apple anymore was this deemed flammable too?

This newcomer is enjoying the DIY scene immensely. Puttering around with clone and others' recipes (even tweaking a bit in round 2), reading and learning a lot. Really satisfying.

Made @Papa_Lazarou's Ginger Black Tea (recipe below) on 5 May 2016. Shaken daily. Into the Reo Mini for a first taste this afternoon (17/5).

A glorious juice imo. Sweetish, but nicely counterbalanced by the Lemon. The Black Tea is the canvas and the Gingerbread the painting. Do not let the "Ginger" in "Gingerbread" mislead you - it has a whole array of spices in there, with no one spice dominant - certainly not the Ginger. And the spices hits you well on the exhale, with a good tingle in the mouth and tip of the tongue on the aftertaste. Perfectly reigned in by the "Bread" part of the "Gingerbread". It has a lovely full mouth feel.

With my rudimentary DIY skills I do not think I can improve on this one. For my own personal taste maybe a bit less sweet (how?), but probably perfect for most other vapers.

Certainly going from my 10 ml tester to a vapeable volume shortly.

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe @Papa_Lazarou, much appreciated.

Spicy Black Tea adapted from a recipe by @Papa_Lazarou
FA Black Tea 3 %
CAP Gingerbread 5 %
FA Lemon Sicily 2 %

I mix 40PG/60VG

Well done on the mix @Andre - sounds great
So happy you are enjoying the DIY adventure
Hope the scale is working well for you?
Looking forward to reading more about your efforts with unusual recipes!

I feel like I have to say something here. I started this thread for dyiers to share recipes, ideas and advice. Feels a bit wrong to have posts like the one above. If you are going to put your juice into commercial production, head over to the vendor section and promote it there. We all appreciate the advice from vendors given here, but let's try to stick to diy for diyers please.

Sorry guys, didnt mean to step out of line on this thread.

Apologies on my behalf :)

Back