Charity bin or Pif bin at vape shops. Is it done?

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Charity bin or Pif bin at vape shops. Is it done?
Say I get an e-liquid that doesn't appeal to me or a vape device i no longer want. If there was a charity bin or Pif Bin (Name it what you like) When I go to the vape shop I can pop it in the bin. Then the person who needs it doesn't know where it came from and can't keep asking that person for restocks.
Don't know if it's practical. Just a thought.

Great idea.

Only problem is it will lead to some people taking advantage and re-selling.... Humans are terrible beings...

Great idea.

Only problem is it will lead to some people taking advantage and re-selling.... Humans are terrible beings...
If it's limited to one free item at a time it may be less attractive to those types.

I like where you are going with this concept of a charity or Pay-it-Forward (PIF) bin at vape shops, but it may seem altruistic, several practical and human nature considerations might pose challenges to its success:

1. Quality and Safety Concerns:
    • Donated e-liquids and devices might vary in quality and safety. Some items could be expired, damaged, or unsealed, raising health concerns for the recipients.
  2. Lack of Regulation:
    • The vape industry lacks standardized regulations, and without proper oversight, it's challenging to ensure that donated products meet safety standards.
  3. Risk of Exploitation:
    • The anonymity of the donation might lead to exploitation, where individuals repeatedly take advantage of the system without contributing. This could strain the goodwill of the shop and donors.
  4. Mismatched Preferences:
    • Vapers have diverse flavour and device preferences. What doesn't appeal to one person may not necessarily be suitable for another, leading to items accumulating in the bin.
  5. Unpredictable Stock:
    • The contents of the bin would be unpredictable, making it challenging for individuals seeking specific items to rely on the bin as a consistent source.
  6. Potential for Controversy:
    • Disputes may arise if someone receives a product they don't like or if the quality is subpar. This could lead to dissatisfaction and complaints, creating a negative atmosphere.
  7. Storage and Hygiene:
    • Ensuring proper storage and hygiene of donated items could be challenging. Without a system in place, there's a risk of contamination or deterioration of products.
  8. Staff Involvement:
    • Managing the bin would require staff involvement to monitor and organize donations. This could be time-consuming and divert attention from regular store operations.
  9. Legal Implications:
    • There might be legal implications and liabilities associated with redistributing vape products, especially considering varying regulations in different regions.
  10. Educational Initiatives:
    • Instead of a bin, focusing on educational initiatives within the community might be a more sustainable approach. This could include workshops on responsible vaping, recycling programs, or collaborating with charities directly.
While the idea has merit, addressing these concerns and finding practical solutions would be essential for the successful implementation of a charity or PIF bin in vape shops.

Just my R0.02

I like where you are going with this concept of a charity or Pay-it-Forward (PIF) bin at vape shops, but it may seem altruistic, several practical and human nature considerations might pose challenges to its success:

1. Quality and Safety Concerns:
    • Donated e-liquids and devices might vary in quality and safety. Some items could be expired, damaged, or unsealed, raising health concerns for the recipients.
  2. Lack of Regulation:
    • The vape industry lacks standardized regulations, and without proper oversight, it's challenging to ensure that donated products meet safety standards.
  3. Risk of Exploitation:
    • The anonymity of the donation might lead to exploitation, where individuals repeatedly take advantage of the system without contributing. This could strain the goodwill of the shop and donors.
  4. Mismatched Preferences:
    • Vapers have diverse flavour and device preferences. What doesn't appeal to one person may not necessarily be suitable for another, leading to items accumulating in the bin.
  5. Unpredictable Stock:
    • The contents of the bin would be unpredictable, making it challenging for individuals seeking specific items to rely on the bin as a consistent source.
  6. Potential for Controversy:
    • Disputes may arise if someone receives a product they don't like or if the quality is subpar. This could lead to dissatisfaction and complaints, creating a negative atmosphere.
  7. Storage and Hygiene:
    • Ensuring proper storage and hygiene of donated items could be challenging. Without a system in place, there's a risk of contamination or deterioration of products.
  8. Staff Involvement:
    • Managing the bin would require staff involvement to monitor and organize donations. This could be time-consuming and divert attention from regular store operations.
  9. Legal Implications:
    • There might be legal implications and liabilities associated with redistributing vape products, especially considering varying regulations in different regions.
  10. Educational Initiatives:
    • Instead of a bin, focusing on educational initiatives within the community might be a more sustainable approach. This could include workshops on responsible vaping, recycling programs, or collaborating with charities directly.
While the idea has merit, addressing these concerns and finding practical solutions would be essential for the successful implementation of a charity or PIF bin in vape shops.

Just my R0.02
agree

Hi Everyone,

I've been giving some more thought to the idea of a charity or PIF bin at vape shops and came up with a potential twist that aligns with our shared concern for the environment.

How about a Recycling Bin for Dead Vapes?

Here's the concept: Vapers can drop off their dead disposables in the recycling bin at the vape shop. As a reward for contributing to recycling efforts, they receive a discount on their purchase when buying a new device.

This approach has seen great success in New Zealand and the UK, promoting responsible disposal and community engagement. It's a win-win for the environment and vapers alike.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if you have any suggestions for making it more feasible.

Best regards,

Hi Everyone,

I've been giving some more thought to the idea of a charity or PIF bin at vape shops and came up with a potential twist that aligns with our shared concern for the environment.

How about a Recycling Bin for Dead Vapes?

Here's the concept: Vapers can drop off their dead disposables in the recycling bin at the vape shop. As a reward for contributing to recycling efforts, they receive a discount on their purchase when buying a new device.

This approach has seen great success in New Zealand and the UK, promoting responsible disposal and community engagement. It's a win-win for the environment and vapers alike.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if you have any suggestions for making it more feasible.

Best regards,
Vuse does this with the empty pods

Now all we need is to find a place that will recycle the dead vapes responsibly, without wanting to charge money for doing so. I don't see vape shops dishing out R13 per vape that needs to be recycled and giving a discount on a new device. It will bankrupt them. There has to be a better way of doing it.

You see, now this is why I hate disposables. I have tried to find a way to dispose of them in a responsible manner, and yet here we are. They either land up in the bin or just tossed in the street. And if you dare to try and recycle them, you get charged for it.

I'm done with the whole pif thing. I used to do it all the time. Heck I even sent a whole shoebox full of gear to someone once, and guess what, not one handcheck with any of it. Can only imagine what happened to it...

I'm done with the whole pif thing. I used to do it all the time. Heck I even sent a whole shoebox full of gear to someone once, and guess what, not one handcheck with any of it. Can only imagine what happened to it...
Yip. Piffed a couple of items over the years as well. Twice found items up for sale the next day. I mean the new owner can do whatever he / she wants as it is now their items, but it leaves a sour taste.

...we have a PIF box

been doing this a long time now
The ecigssa PIF initiative was started in 2014 with the idea that you give something to or do something for someone in need, and that person then would reciprocate to 3 other people, creating a multiplier effect. The forward act(s) could be any kindness, consideration or goods offered to ecigssa member, and need not be done immediately.
Your initiative however, (under the guise of ecigssa), is so not this! ... It is designed to enhance your business as apposed support ecigssa members, and would be better named a "free for all"

Dude I still have it. And still appreciate it.
Using the drag everyday.

Back