Coil Building Competition - Cape Vape Meet #2

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Each participant will be handed a rebuildable atomizer to build.
Participant to use the wire and wick of his/her choice.
Bring your own wire, wicking, tools, jigs,ohm meters, vape apps, calculator - whatever you want.
You will be asked to coil as close as possible to a resistance to be disclosed at the start of the competition.
You can build whatever coil you want - dual, twisted, chimney, ribbon wire, parallel - anything goes.
If your wire will be twisted or plated or whatever, feel free do to so beforehand. But, of course, no pre-wrapped coils.
20 minutes will be allowed to complete your coil and wick. Disqualified after 20 minutes.
Juicing of the wicks will be done by the judge.

The judge (@Cape vaping supplies) will test each build on the same device with the same juice.

Criteria will be:
  1. Looks and performance of the coil and wick - 10 points.
  2. Flavour, vapour and throat hit - 10 points.
  3. Closest to the target resistance - 10 points for closest, 9 for second closest, and so on....if you are on the same time as another participant (e.g. both second closest) you will both score the same points (9 points each for the example). You are welcome to test your ohm meter against that of the judge(s) before the competition.
Comments and inputs on above-mentioned welcome. This is new territory for us.

Of course, without participants we cannot have the competition. So please put down your name in this thread or nominate someone to participate. The idea is to have fun, not to have a serious, serious competition.

Last edited:
hahaha this one i'll just be observing... maybe you can have a teach the noobs to build a coil competition too hahaha :blush: :--P

Bring your own wire, wicking, tools, jigs,ohm meters, vape apps - whatever you want.
You will be asked to coil as close as possible to a resistance to be disclosed at the start of the competition.
You can build whatever coil you want - dual, twisted, chimney, ribbon wire, parallel - anything goes.
20 minutes will be allowed to complete your coil and wick. Disqualified after 20 minutes.

The judge/s (to be announced later) will test each build on the same device with the same juice.

Criteria will be:
  1. Looks and performance of the coil and wick - 5 points.
  2. Flavour, vapour and throat hit - 5 points.
  3. Closest to the target resistance - 5 points for closest, 4 for second closest, and so on....if you are on the same time as another participant (e.g. both second closest) you will both score the same points (4 points each for the example).

Of course, without participants we cannot have the competition. So please put down your name in this thread or nominate someone to participate. The idea is to have fun, not to have a serious, serious competition.

Brilliant initiative! I love it :)

@Zegee, @Hein510, @Gazzacpt and @Cape vaping supplies are the resident Coil Masters. You are obliged to enter :D

I will come with my evod lol. I will take part but just for fun

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

NO YOU DONT SHARIEF !!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

this is going to awesome!

Huh??? Did I miss the part where I got nominated? o_Oo_Oo_O

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Huh??? Did I miss the part where I got nominated? o_Oo_Oo_O

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Jip, you missed it cause it was done under cover. Got 3 nominations for you, in fact. Are you up to it?

Jip, you missed it cause it was done under cover. Got 3 nominations for you, in fact. Are you up to it?

:D Forgot about the pics I posted (self-inflicted). Once again I would like to thank @johan for this!!! :--P:--P:--P

Yeah I'll be the wildcard...:mask::mask::mask:????????

Bring your own wire, wicking, tools, jigs,ohm meters, vape apps, calculator - whatever you want.

The judge/s (to be announced later) will test each build on the same device with the same juice.

Criteria will be:
  1. Looks and performance of the coil and wick - 5 points.
  2. Flavour, vapour and throat hit - 5 points.
  3. Closest to the target resistance - 5 points for closest, 4 for second closest, and so on....if you are on the same time as another participant (e.g. both second closest) you will both score the same points (4 points each for the example). You are welcome to test your ohm meter against that of the judge(s) before the competition.

Awesome, thanks a lot this will be an experience of note. Sorry I have been away from the forum for ages, been deep sea fishing in Infanta, it was flippen awesome and I managed not to drop my Chi You in the drink although there where some close calls when the fish tugged like a submarine. Looking forward to the vape meet, by the sounds of it, this one will be like a national meet.

I am sucky at coil building... Some might disagree with me but if Steve declines i will be in on the condition that @Gazzacpt is in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back