Coppervape Skyline Discussion

The Chinese have no morals in business. Even the big companies don't care.

Problem is, not every one can pay for the experience. And to tell the truth, I'd rather spend $15 on this to find out I don't like it than $150 to find out I still don't like it.

So, yeah, call me dodgy but I don't mind a clone. Especially when they are 1:1 clones. And the coppervape is some good machining.

Anyway... I want to try something silly with this tank later. I have a theory, but it's probably wrong and won't work.

This might have been asked a lot before, but what pg/vg ratio and nic do you guys vape in the skyline? I usually vape 3mg at 70/30 but dont get much flavour or throat hit when MTL. Note this is the 1st time I'm trying out MTL and are used to DLH. I currently have the air disk with 3 holes in.

Hi @Vino1718

My observation in general is that with MTL I need at least 12mg (preferably 18mg) and I prefer 50/50 PG/VG. Perhaps the reason for that is I like more throat hit with MTL. So your preference may vary.

I find putting in a 70VG or anything less than about 9mg in MTL leads to a very low throat hit for me and I don't enjoy it.

I also think that juices with a stronger flavour (ie more flavour intensity) work better in MTL. Lightly flavoured juices designed for big air big power rigs just don't work for me in MTL.

I haven't tried the Skyline in MTL mode yet. Got stuck on its glorious restricted lung vape. For that I can do 70/30 and lower flavour and lower nic. But I like to add some menthol for that burn. Burn baby burn ;-)

Hi @Vino1718

My observation in general is that with MTL I need at least 12mg (preferably 18mg) and I prefer 50/50 PG/VG. Perhaps the reason for that is I like more throat hit with MTL. So your preference may vary.

I find putting in a 70VG or anything less than about 9mg in MTL leads to a very low throat hit for me and I don't enjoy it.

I also think that juices with a stronger flavour (ie more flavour intensity) work better in MTL. Lightly flavoured juices designed for big air big power rigs just don't work for me in MTL.

I haven't tried the Skyline in MTL mode yet. Got stuck on its glorious restricted lung vape. For that I can do 70/30 and lower flavour and lower nic. But I like to add some menthol for that burn. Burn baby burn ;-)
Starting to feel your menthol affliction @Silver , got some from Vapour mountain, added 1% to some tobacco juice that wasn't too great, quite enjoyable now. Should have done 2% and gotten a liter of it and not just 10 ml's

Starting to feel your menthol affliction @Silver , got some from Vapour mountain, added 1% to some tobacco juice that wasn't too great, quite enjoyable now. Should have done 2% and gotten a liter of it and not just 10 ml's

Lol @Room Fogger
It was @Andre that taught me about the menthol additive.
And I love VM's menthol for this purpose
Have added it to many juices (both good ones and okay ones) and the result is usually positive.
Happy menthol days!

I just love it - those 10ml bottles go quickly in my cave ;-)
I think @Rob Fisher 's XXX pipeline from Vapour Mountain has a small extra menthol pipe routing from Dbn to Jhb :-D

Lol @Room Fogger
It was @Andre that taught me about the menthol additive.
And I love VM's menthol for this purpose
Have added it to many juices (both good ones and okay ones) and the result is usually positive.
Happy menthol days!

I just love it - those 10ml bottles go quickly in my cave ;-)
I think @Rob Fisher 's XXX pipeline from Vapour Mountain has a small extra menthol pipe routing from Dbn to Jhb :-D
I think I agree about the pipeline, that and a dedicated jet from DHL. Will have to get some more menthol fast, this stuff is not going to last, it's just too nice, otherwise I think I will go mental!:aplastao:

I think I agree about the pipeline, that and a dedicated jet from DHL. Will have to get some more menthol fast, this stuff is not going to last, it's just too nice, otherwise I think I will go mental!:aplastao:

@Rob Fisher has a CODE RED when he gets down to about 400ml of XXX
I get a CODE RED when my menthol gets down to 40ml

Once I thought I had ordered from Oupa and had several backup bottles in the cupboard and a few in my main "vaping pitstop station". So I had to go replenish and when I opened the cupboard it was bare. I swore I ordered more menthol but my mind was playing tricks on me. I nearly went mental. I mean I had about 20ml of menthol which would comfortably last me a while - but I dropped everything and even missed some scheduled work things to get more menthol. It was crazy. 2 days later I was happy again.

Which reminds me, I better go check that cupboard.....
:eek:

What's the opinion on using ws-23 and menthol together? I'm looking to start my DIY adventure soon. Bank called, said it has to happen.

New build in the skyclone. 1.3-1.4 ohm 2.5mm 28awg Kanthal non-spaced coil. Using one of the slotted air discs just to narrow the air opening, wide enough to cover complete 7 wrap coil and a little air around the edges. Wicked with Muji cotton, thinned the tails quite a bit. Going from as low as 9W to 20W (almost instant burning cotton taste at 20W with air full open). Around 15W and I get some of the litchi/mango sweetness coming through from the Moondrops. Mostly soft menthol. Not so much dryness as before. No cotton taste most of the time now.

I think now it needs more cotton in the coil, I might have run too little through. Let me make a Scottish roll quick and see how that goes. Maybe move to the smaller slotted air disc afterwards as this is just too loose for where I'd like to be on this.

Oh well ... There goes the night, and probably a lot of juice with it.

What's the opinion on using ws-23 and menthol together? I'm looking to start my DIY adventure soon. Bank called, said it has to happen.
Not a problem. I have used 1.0% WS-23(30%) with 0.5% FA Artic Menthol to good icy effect. Not to be used with delicate flavours, it will mute.

Not a problem. I have used 1.0% WS-23(30%) with 0.5% FA Artic Menthol to good icy effect. Not to be used with delicate flavours, it will mute.
I'm looking at first DIY juice being along the lines of Moondrops, so litchi and mango. I love this stuff in a dripper. I go through it like crazy.

W.r.t juice consumption and completely off topic ... Colleague brought in a melon/menthol juice today and showed me how little he used since Saturday. I don't understand how he can use so little on a dead rabbit rda at 50-100W. The secret: smoke cigs at the same time. What's the point?

Hmmm... I don't think I should give up on my skyclone. I just rebuilt my EHPro Bachelor II and my SXK Kayfun v5 mini, then using the same juice and I get the same blyegh flavour on all. Cotton Bacon in the Bachelor and Muji in the v5, so it's clearly not cotton.

Checked both and no burning of cotton. Combed both wicks and not stuffed into juice wells. Cotton is nice and wet so things are wicking fine.

I need a ultrasonic cleaner. Vodka soak, then dishwashing liquid clean and thorough rinse in filtered water might not be cutting it.

Surely if there was something wrong with my taste buds then my wasp nano works taste similar, and so would my colleague's Geekvape RTA?

Hmmm... I don't think I should give up on my skyclone. I just rebuilt my EHPro Bachelor II and my SXK Kayfun v5 mini, then using the same juice and I get the same blyegh flavour on all. Cotton Bacon in the Bachelor and Muji in the v5, so it's clearly not cotton.

Checked both and no burning of cotton. Combed both wicks and not stuffed into juice wells. Cotton is nice and wet so things are wicking fine.

I need a ultrasonic cleaner. Vodka soak, then dishwashing liquid clean and thorough rinse in filtered water might not be cutting it.

Surely if there was something wrong with my taste buds then my wasp nano works taste similar, and so would my colleague's Geekvape RTA?
This is actually good news, with the bad, but now you can work out what the cause is and really enjoy the Skyclone, vapers tongue comes to mind, maybe some more coffee and a really strong menthol to accompany your other preparations with the tanks? Or it may just be good old hay fever or sinus contributing. Did you use the same juice in the Wasp and geekvape?
Good luck and looking forward to happy clouds for you.

Yes, same juice in wasp, but not in Geekvape RTA. Moondrops on Ice. Strong menthol/ice juice. I know this juice very well by now. It resets taste senses very well.

The wasp puts out the full flavour of this juice as I know it. The tanks are putting out a similar taste to each other. The Bachelor we fantastic with this juice, but not now. Will try and find someone in the area with an ultrasonic cleaner. There's some flavour lingering in them perhaps that even a 20 vodka soak didn't fix.

No, don't have sinus issues. Unless you mean the ability to breath/smell again since I quit smoking. :) Other changes going on, but that's for another thread.

So, yeah, going to pack the tanks and find a proper cleaner for them before I try again.

Keep on going Boet, exclude one thing at a time until you find the culprit. Most probably something small stuffing up the experience!

At least you can put the vodka to medicinal use now to make you feel better!:D

I ain't drinking that vodka. :)

Where is a good place to buy proper isopropyl alcohol? Not sure about the pharmacy stuff as it's sometimes "rubbing alcohol" which I understand might contain some oil.

I ain't drinking that vodka. :)

Where is a good place to buy proper isopropyl alcohol? Not sure about the pharmacy stuff as it's sometimes "rubbing alcohol" which I understand might contain some oil.

@SinnerG , I bought some genuine stuff from the pharmacy at N1 City.
They do question why you want to buy it but I'm a long term customer and they know me well so had no problem.
I just told them I use it to clean computer boards and the inside of my printer.

Do you have an ultrasonic cleaner @SinnerG ?
No, not yet. I would like to get one, but I've spent all my money on juice this month.

What I have done with the Bachelor tank is just vape the thing to death. After a couple of tanks the weird taste has just about reduced. It's one way of cleaning.

Right ... so I made up some twisted 28awg Kanthal and made a non-spaced 2.5mm 6-wrap coil, wicked with some Muji.
I gots flavour! :) Not as strong as on the Bachelor and of course not like the Wasp Nano (dripper, so will never be, I guess), but not that terrible dry flavour as before.

Also had the twisted 28awg in my Wasp Nano and it was fantastic. Then popped in some 26/32 clapton, 2.5mm 5 wrap in the Wasp and it has been fantastic. So last night I made a similar coil for the Skyclone and added some combed out cotton. Yes, I can taste the flavour of the juice (SNLV 18 Ice), but it so meh and muted again and often puts out a watery taste.

I think I'm done with this tank now and time to move onto a proper MTL RTA.
Right now I'm churning through juice on the RDA, but this is more a fault of the juice being so bloody fantastic. :D

Going to let the Skyclone move on, as well as the Kayfun v5 mini clone.
Don't really want to as both are such beautiful bits of CNC machining to look at. The Skyline design is so spot on and clean compared to the garish RTA designs I see. But too much effort is too much effort.

Perhaps my big mistake here as a new vaper is having picked up a RDA. :D

Right ... so I made up some twisted 28awg Kanthal and made a non-spaced 2.5mm 6-wrap coil, wicked with some Muji.
I gots flavour! :) Not as strong as on the Bachelor and of course not like the Wasp Nano (dripper, so will never be, I guess), but not that terrible dry flavour as before.

Also had the twisted 28awg in my Wasp Nano and it was fantastic. Then popped in some 26/32 clapton, 2.5mm 5 wrap in the Wasp and it has been fantastic. So last night I made a similar coil for the Skyclone and added some combed out cotton. Yes, I can taste the flavour of the juice (SNLV 18 Ice), but it so meh and muted again and often puts out a watery taste.

Right now I'm churning through juice on the RDA, but this is more a fault of the juice being so bloody fantastic. :D

Don't really want to as both are such beautiful bits of CNC machining to look at. The Skyline design is so spot on and clean compared to the garish RTA designs I see. But too much effort is too much effort.

And here I was going to buy one but...

Pm me if you decide to sell it. Maybe I’ll give it a crack and see if I’m as awesome as my mommy told me I was as a child.

Pm me if you decide to sell it. Maybe I’ll give it a crack and see if I’m as awesome as my mommy told me I was as a child.
Well if you do, you will realize your mother was a very thruthfull person, if you were good, very good. :D OR that she was lying through her teeth in that regard but the Skyline will be good, very good, bordering on the excellent and awaesome range.

Back