Coppervape Skyline Discussion

Just my 2c.
In any flavour atty, the slightest gunk will be enhanced and you will taste it instantly.
Fantasi for example, clear juice but I get serious gunk and build-up. I cannot vape more than 1 tank in the skyline before it starts to taste like @Stosta.
After 1 tank the juice is brown.

Cush man on the other hand I can do about 6 tanks and it remains clear with slight discolouration.

What I'm saying is you have to find a balance between the juices you like and the frequency of rewicking especially when using atties that enhance whatever is sitting on the coil side, be it gunk or juice etc.

Just my 2c.
In any flavour atty, the slightest gunk will be enhanced and you will taste it instantly.
Fantasi for example, clear juice but I get serious gunk and build-up. I cannot vape more than 1 tank in the skyline before it starts to taste like @Stosta.
After 1 tank the juice is brown.

Cush man on the other hand I can do about 6 tanks and it remains clear with slight discolouration.

What I'm saying is you have to find a balance between the juices you like and the frequency of rewicking especially when using atties that enhance whatever is sitting on the coil side, be it gunk or juice etc.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that you know what @Stosta tastes like? Especially since seeing he got a sperm whale tattooed on his arm.

Well, I'm on the verge of giving up with my Skyline clone...
This morning I decided to completely disassemble, soak clean, rebuild and rewick. But, even with a few rewicks, I am still getting massive flooding and have now wasted more juice on this thing than it's worth.
@Rob Fisher - I would love to pick your brain on this some time, when you're around and have some time? I really want to enjoy this Skyline, but clearly I've either got a complete dud or I'm seriously on the wrong bus with building/wicking it. It can't be this finnicky, surely?

Am I the only one who finds it strange that you know what @Stosta tastes like? Especially since seeing he got a sperm whale tattooed on his arm.
When you walk past someone that has been smoking pipe tobacco, you get the taste in your mouth.

Same thing with @Stosta except it's not pipe tobacco...

This morning I decided to completely disassemble, soak clean, rebuild and rewick. But, even with a few rewicks, I am still getting massive flooding and have now wasted more juice on this thing than it's worth.
@Rob Fisher - I would love to pick your brain on this some time, when you're around and have some time? I really want to enjoy this Skyline, but clearly I've either got a complete dud or I'm seriously on the wrong bus with building/wicking it. It can't be this finnicky, surely?
I am sorry to hear that you are not coming right with this, please get someone to show you, it did the trick for me. It is a great atty and I am thinking of getting another one, it just does it for me.

Good luck, and hope after a hands on instruction you are going to have many happy clouds. If after all that you still don't want it, please keep me in mind. But in the same breath I am sure it's going to work out for you.

Pull in sometime... you must have a DUD!

Was wondering why the juice flow holes kept going smaller each time I refill until I realized that the tip is the JFC. :sweatsmile: No wonder it leaked a drop the 1st time i wicked followed with a few dry hits. Might this be what the other guys experience?

@Darth Vaper @SinnerG

Last edited:
How do I get dragged into being a description for rubbish tasting coils?! :-D

I told you I wasn't going to take it easy on you anymore @Stosta.

Also "Stosta" sounds like old sock and old sock would presumably taste bad.
"Stosta" also sounds like a word to describe old beard crumbs so henceforth @Stosta will be synonymous with bad tasting coils like @Silver is synonymous with a nicotine overdose.

This might have been asked a lot before, but what pg/vg ratio and nic do you guys vape in the skyline? I usually vape 3mg at 70/30 but dont get much flavour or throat hit when MTL. Note this is the 1st time I'm trying out MTL and are used to DLH. I currently have the air disk with 3 holes in.

This might have been asked a lot before, but what pg/vg ratio and nic do you guys vape in the skyline? I usually vape 3mg at 70/30 but dont get much flavour or throat hit when MTL. Note this is the 1st time I'm trying out MTL and are used to DLH. I currently have the air disk with 3 holes in.
@Vino1718 , I use the skyline @2% nic and 70/30 mix for a restricted lung hit with no air disc and it works great for me. On MTL, and the gurus can give better advice here it seems they use a much higher nic level, and may have a higher pg ratio. My mix satisfies me totally, but as we know what works for one doesn't always work for another. Wicking may also influence you flavour, a couple of guys have been having that problem. Many happy clouds to you.

Right, so in went a 0.4ohm 7-wrap Ni80 non-spaced coil with Cotton Bacon v2 wick which I combed out.
There is definitely a bit of flavour coming through with a non-spaced coil.
I ripped out the CBv2 and used some Muji. This is slightly better.

Juice is Moondrops on Ice and I get the menthol/ice coming through, but very mild. Very muted on the litchi flavour portion. I have to run the device up to 50W to find it. At that temp I'm pretty much burning holes in my lips. Vape still comes through a bit dry. I get a decent amount of vapour out of it, but the flavour is low.

I have messed with power from as low as 10W right up to 50W. I've fooled with changing my draw strength from a slow even draw to a rapid, short pull. Kind of all the same.

So now I have to ask the question: is muted flavour the MTL way? Do you get the same flavour intensity with MTL as you would with a restricted or open DL hit?

I've just pulled the air disc and will see what it's like without a restriction.

Tonight I'll make a 1ohm+ coil with 28awg Kanthal and try again outside of the sub-ohm arena.
Then I'll run even less cotton, not tight in the coil. Any less and I'll just pop the coil in the juice bottle and hit it.

@SinnerG , I think one will always get the best flavour from DL BUT I get a very nice mtl vape on the Kafun v3 mini and so I compare any other tanks/rts's to it.
Atm, I find that the kayfun outshines the skyline on mtl, but this may very well not be a mtl rta or, most likely, I haven't got the wicking right for mtl.

Beginning to think the same thing regarding this tank not being for MTL. Sad because I looked around and it was definitely being marked as a great MTL tank. I'm going to bring out the Kayfun v5 mini again and compare.

I have a feeling the only way is for me to resign to being a cloud chucking DLer and quit trying to get a decent tight draw from these things. My bank balance is hating the clouds.

If only I hadn't discovered these awesome damn flavours ... I would be happy if the juice stank like a cigarette from day one.

Beginning to think the same thing regarding this tank not being for MTL. Sad because I looked around and it was definitely being marked as a great MTL tank. I'm going to bring out the Kayfun v5 mini again and compare.

I have a feeling the only way is for me to resign to being a cloud chucking DLer and quit trying to get a decent tight draw from these things. My bank balance is hating the clouds.

If only I hadn't discovered these awesome damn flavours ... I would be happy if the juice stank like a cigarette from day one.

Try the siren V2 for MTL. It’s works a charm for me and I’m a very fussy MTL vaper. I need intense throat hit and sharp, crisp flavor. The siren V2 gives me just that on the second smallest air hole. My other MTL set up is a Reo mini with a nofear 14mm rda. Now that’s a kicker for MTL. 3 toots and I’m mellow like jello

c4a465c1eb1a4154fffaa6175b79ee0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the siren V2 for MTL. It’s works a charm for me and I’m a very fussy MTL vaper. I need intense throat hit and sharp, crisp flavor. The siren V2 gives me just that on the second smallest air hole. My other MTL set up is a Reo mini with a nofear 14mm rda. Now that’s a kicker for MTL. 3 toots and I’m mellow like jello

c4a465c1eb1a4154fffaa6175b79ee0a.jpg

Agreed on the siren and second smallest hole.

I don't think the Skyclone/Skyline was designed for a MTL atty .... best MTL around according the the reviews is the Berserker Mini .....

I finally cracked and ordered a SkyClone from @BumbleBee to see why there are so many of you unhappy with it... I built it with a Coil Company Fused Clapton and wicked it with Titanium Fiber Cotton. Well I'm impressed with the vape...
View attachment 122263

I don't use a Skydisc.
View attachment 122264 View attachment 122265

I trim the wicks and then I take off about 40% of the tail diagonally.
View attachment 122266 View attachment 122267 View attachment 122268 View attachment 122269 View attachment 122270 View attachment 122271

The critical issue when filling is that the juice flow control must be closed completely.

I will vape on it today and see if there is a discolouration of the juice.
@Rob Fisher, not sure if you reported back on this yet ... but what are you thoughts on the Coppervape SkyClone?

@Rob Fisher, not sure if you reported back on this yet ... but what are you thoughts on the Coppervape SkyClone?

It works well... pity it's a clone and is stolen intellectual property which I feel is really wrong. Designed at great expense and expertise by a master craftsman in Greece only to be copied by the thieving chinese! It really is morally wrong.

Back