DIY Meetups Gauteng

What would you like to get out of this group

• Total voters
Ok, what we have for the apple pie as concentrate suggestions are the following:

1. Cinnamon sugar cookie
  2. TFA Apple pie
  3. TFA Graham Cracker
  4. FA Liquid amber
  5. Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
  6. FA Stark
  7. FA Fuji Apple
  8. FA Lemon Sicily
  9. FA Catalan Cream
  10. INW Biscuit
  11. FW Green Apple
These need to be narrowed down and ordered, what suggestions do we have?

2 1/2 days to go, cannot wait. Thanķ you BLCK @Richio for sponsoring our missing Ingredients for our apple pie!!! We will be hosting our first official booked out meet up with @Dietz, @Idiot , @PsyCLown , @MrDeedz ,@craigb +1, Tash, Devon, @BrizzyZA (VapeLife) and myself (sorry @DominionZA that you will not be able to make it anymore) we have a fantastic team and can't wait to see what comes out of this meet:campeon:

Last edited:
Awesome day folks... Thank you very much @Dietz and Rash for hosting, and thanks to @Bunnypoison for the organisation and the apple pie

:STARFISH::campeon::ARMS1:
Hahahah Thanks For you guys Coming Bud!! Really looking forward to the next one!

Ps. I dont think Tash will like her new nick name :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks to Everyone for another Kickass meet!!!! Looking forward to the next one!
Thanks for the Really Good Apple Pie by @Bunnypoison , Stellar Cinnimon Rolls By @craigb and some refreshing fruits from Tash!!
Also thanks for all the Skill shared and things learned from and By everyone @PsyCLown and @Idiot

Some Pics of the Fun!
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 33
DIY Meetup Update
5th March Meetup 10:00-17:00

Thank you to the following for attending our Filling, funtstic and informative second vape meet:

@PsyCLown
@Dietz
@Idiot
@craigb
Tash
Chantelle

BeFunky Collage.jpg

• This was the first meet that we actually planned food ahead of time as the meetup time was stretched. Tash assembled an amaZING fruit platter which had some of us tasting dragonfruit and starfruit for the first time. @craigb turned out to be quite the baker with his cinnamon rolls (even though he admitted his wife's are better) we could not get enough 10/10. I baked my first ever Apple pie for our flavour reference to recreate a vape juice and to my amazement it did not flop (I was shocked and I had seconds).

• The extra time (not actually extra as we misjudged the time needed to begin with) made it possible for us to experiment a lot more, define, redefine, define, redefine and, well, 4 tries later we had an Apple pie recipe we all enjoyed:
IMG-20170305-WA0010.jpg

• 02/04/2017 10:00-17:00
  • 07/05/2017 10:00-17:00
I would like to give a big shout out to BLCK for sponsoring towards our event and making it amazing!!! @Richio

The official flavour stash will be made available closer to the time as soon as we have received all RSVP's. - Please remember that only PM RSVP's will be accepted.

*** @Dietz , @PsyCLown , @Idiot , @craigb please share what you learned or favourite moments as I cannot summarize all the awesomeness into one post. ***

Last edited:
DIY Meetup Update

Thank you to the following for attending our Filling, funtstic and informative second vape meet:

@PsyCLown
@Dietz
@Idiot
@craigb
Tash
Chantelle

View attachment 87654

• This was the first meet that we actually planned food ahead of time as the meetup time was stretched. Tash assembled an amaZING fruit platter which had some of us tasting dragonfruit and starfruit for the first time. @craigb turned out to be quite the baker with his cinnamon rolls (even though he admitted his wife's are better) we could not get enough 10/10. I baked my first ever Apple pie for our flavour reference to recreate a vape juice and to my amazement it did not flop (I was shocked and I had seconds).

• The extra time (not actually extra as we misjudged the time needed to begin with) made it possible for us to experiment a lot more, define, redefine, define, redefine and, well, 4 tried later we had an Apple pie recipe we all enjoyed:
View attachment 87656

• 02/04/2017 10:00-17:00 -(Need to discuss possibly merging with the vape meet on the 1st)
I would like to give a big shout out to BLCK for sponsoring towards our event and making it amazing!!! @Richio

The official flavour stash will be made available closer to the time as soon as we have received all RSVP's. - Please remember that only PM RSVP's will be accepted.

*** @Dietz , @PsyCLown , @Idiot , @craigb please share what you learned or favourite moments as I cannot summarize all the awesomeness into one post. ***

What a win @Bunnypoison ! Sounds like an epic day!

What a win @Bunnypoison ! Sounds like an epic day!
I have to say that the group of people are the ones that are making these meets so enjoyable. I have never met a group of people as helpful, determined, creative and fun to be around as I have in the DIY and vape community :)

I have really been enjoying these meet ups! It is great to learn with others and get opinions and feedback from other people as well as ideas.
The tips and tricks you learn are fantastic as well! OH! Lest we forget the food. Not only can we mix but some are fantastic chefs too ;)

@Bunnypoison I like the idea of merging the next meet with the Ecigssa meet.

DIY Meetup Update

@PsyCLown
@Dietz
@Idiot
@craigb
Tash
Chantelle

View attachment 87654

• The extra time (not actually extra as we misjudged the time needed to begin with) made it possible for us to experiment a lot more, define, redefine, define, redefine and, well, 4 tries later we had an Apple pie recipe we all enjoyed:
View attachment 87656

• 02/04/2017 10:00-17:00 -(Need to discuss possibly merging with the vape meet on the 1st)

Well for me this has evolved into quite the Noob-Vape-meet-Tutorial-class-skills-swapping-conference-support-group-of-Epicness!!!
Its everything, really it is. From the tips and tricks shared by everyone through to the DIYing gettho builds and jigs and DIY Coils discussions I have learned a massive amount of things that you cant just get over the net (not that thats not a good way to do it, afterall, that where most of us start)

I joined the 1st one with the Idea that I will learn a few mixing things and boy was I surprised! I met a group of friendly, helpful and skilled people. I have upped my DIYing techniques and have definitely improved my Coiling knowledge and techniques.

This group's interaction fills in the blanks that your not getting online. You are free to ask stupid questions without feeling like a dumbass and this allows you to cover most questions and topics.

The way that we have grown all our DIY techniques as a group over these two meets is awesome, I mean, take that Apple Pie , for people who started off not really knowing arse or end and by the end of Sunday managed to make something good from scratch (Well mostly @Bunnypoison & @PsyCLown)! I think thats something!

I can only say that I am looking forward to every meet more that I did the previous one!

Thanks everyone!

We are getting close and have two weeks to go till our next meet :)
So far confirmed we have ;
@alex1501
Irene
@BrizzyZA (VapeLife)
@Dietz
Tash

Looking forward to this great group of people gathering :aaaaa:

We need to start discussing what we want to create for our next meet on the 2nd of April (which means this is you opportunity to request what you also want to snack on )

My Suggestions;
  • A cheesecake ( something different like Red velvet)
  • A milkshake - Bar one or Orea
  • A liqueur / Shot - Blowjob, Amarula, jellybaby
What would you like to create? - Our Apple pie was quite the winner last time.

* There is still space left, Please Inbox if you are interested :naughty2:. The meet will be happening at my place in Greenstone Hill.

We have made it to meet up No 3 :neng2kb:

JF Cookie or Biscuit, FA Cookie, Cap Sugar Cookie, maybe a Graham Cracker for the biscuit base.
Inw Milk Choc (buy it now before it sucks :p), Cap Choc Fudge Brownie or choc of choice. skiddlz used TFA Cocoa Rounds and Cap Milk Chocolate Toffee, there are endless possibilities and combos here.
LA Cream Cheese Icing, maybe some Meringue or VBIC or FW Cake Batter Dip for the cream filling.

That would be my starting point.

That would be very convenient, nothing to cook or bake hahaha :) What concentrates do you think go into oreo biscuits?
Lol I think it would be a challenge to capture that grainy texture and chocolate note of the cookie while still incorporating a vanilla cream in the center.

For the cream I think we should use the following:
Cap Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
FA Fresh Cream
FA Vienna Cream

For the Oreo Cookie maybe Cap Sugar Cookie and FA Cookie

Not sure how to incorporate that chocolate note

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I would love to join sometime! But this first week in April will be nearly impossible for me since my daughter is swimming regionals the whole weekend and we are going live with a massive regulatory project at work... so I'm already juggling between Germiston and Sandton this weekend...

What time are you thinking of on Sunday? Just in case I might be able to squeeze it in...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We have made it from 10:00-17:00 every first Sunday of every month. This way we have a whole day and we can get through a lot more. If you would like to pop in at any point, you are welcome to as well to get a feel of the meetup :) . PM me your number and I will add you to the chat if you are interested.

We have made it from 10:00-17:00 every first Sunday of every month. This way we have a whole day and we can get through a lot more. If you would like to pop in at any point, you are welcome to as well to get a feel of the meetup :) . PM me your number and I will add you to the chat if you are interested.
Sounds awesome! Will PM you my number...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back