DIY - Your first time

ha - well usually at 8% it tastes quite nice - sure you have your percentages right?

Also, let it sit for a day or two and try again
Agree, you gotta let your mix sit for a couple of days to mature, you got to let the pg, vg, nicotine and flavoring mix together and mellow out.

I generally make a batch then store away for a 1 week and they taste good.

haha. it tastes like ass. will let it stand for a while. time for the next mix
Even at the extreme minimum that some flavours need to steep (ex: menthol) - you really do need a minimum 1 hour just to let it settle.

Sure, you CAN vape a menthol straight from the mix, but even just that first hour makes quite a difference in taste.

Even at the extreme minimum that some flavours need to steep (ex: menthol) - you really do need a minimum 1 hour just to let it settle.

Sure, you CAN vape a menthol straight from the mix, but even just that first hour makes quite a difference in taste.
Definitely and the better you mix it, the better it tastes 'fresh' as well

View attachment 26740

So i couldnt wait anymore. First little test batch. Strawberries and cream. 50/50 mix across the board with 8% flavour
haha. it tastes like ass. will let it stand for a while. time for the next mix

That's a perfect first mix, so long as you get the percentages right ;)

A little tip though....both strawberry and cream flavours get a lot better with some steeping - personally, whenever I use either of these in a juice I give it at least a week before I even try it...first time I used these I thought they were crappy, but after that initial steep they turn out really amazing :)

Never give up on a juice when it tastes bad immediately after mixing, put it aside and come back to it - then after about a week or two you can write it off if it's still bad :)

Oh, and congrats on taking the leap into DIY - it's a wonderful (and sometimes tasty) hobby :D

Oh and as @Derick said...the better you mix it the better it tastes right off the bat.

Vigorous shaking (until your arms start to hurt) and putting the bottle it in some warm (not boiling) water (just makes sure it's sealed well) for a while (then shake some more), helps quite a bit to get it mixed up initially.

Also, during steeping I tend to shake it up and breathe it (squeeze the air out of the bottle a few times) every now and then (every day or two).

Yeah i think i am going to mix in 10ml samples. 5ml is just too little to mix and shake really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made n toffee brownie mix last night. going to let it sit till friday before i taste it.

fantastic @Barak,keep it going buddy,and keep us all updated.

Hi @Derick do you have a link to your updated PDF GUIDE?
I'm actually in the process of re-working it completely - still keeping virtually the same text, but adding a few pics etc. and in general just making it prettier :)

Plan is to complete it this weekend, so I should have an updated one here by end of the weekend, latest Monday

For now here is the original one attached to this post

Attachments

• DIY E-Liquid-The-Easy-Method-Dec-2014 .pdf
    422.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi guys not too sure if this is the right thread :)

So i decided to buy some clean cut from @Oupa , (for lazy mixing :) ) also got some Orange,Cream & Dragon fruit flavours. Been sitting in the box for 2 weeks or so. Last night i decided that i might as well try something.

Took about 5 - 7 ml of clean cut and then added the dragon fruit. Somewhere between 12 and 15 drops. The flavour came through nicely but it was a bit much for me. Added about 10 - 12 drops of cream. What a difference. So not very scientific but a damn good vape. Will update at a later stage with exact values when i have payed around with a larger sample :)

Hi guys not too sure if this is the right thread :)

So i decided to buy some clean cut from @Oupa , (for lazy mixing :) ) also got some Orange,Cream & Dragon fruit flavours. Been sitting in the box for 2 weeks or so. Last night i decided that i might as well try something.

Took about 5 - 7 ml of clean cut and then added the dragon fruit. Somewhere between 12 and 15 drops. The flavour came through nicely but it was a bit much for me. Added about 10 - 12 drops of cream. What a difference. So not very scientific but a damn good vape. Will update at a later stage with exact values when i have payed around with a larger sample :)
I started the thread and this is definitely the right place :)

I also started with just adding a bit of this and a bit of that in a very unscientific way, sometimes straight to my tank that I'm vaping :)
When you're starting out it is a great way just to get comfortable with the whole DIY idea and realize that it is not actually that difficult.

So congratulations on your first mix! :)

I started the thread and this is definitely the right place :)

I also started with just adding a bit of this and a bit of that in a very unscientific way, sometimes straight to my tank that I'm vaping :)
When you're starting out it is a great way just to get comfortable with the whole DIY idea and realize that it is not actually that difficult.

So congratulations on your first mix! :)

Thanks @Derick

I am sure i will be ordering some mixing kits from you in the near future :)

I mixed up my first two liquids. I've only tasted the one so far. It tastes like almost nothing. I put 8% CAP blackberry and 8% TFA Bavarian cream into it. I added some ethyl maltol in the hopes improving it.

Are these just weak flavours or should I be using more?

I mixed up my first two liquids. I've only tasted the one so far. It tastes like almost nothing. I put 8% CAP blackberry and 8% TFA Bavarian cream into it. I added some ethyl maltol in the hopes improving it.

Are these just weak flavours or should I be using more?
Hi there,

how much Ethyl Maltol (EM) did you use?

Em has a tendency to mute flavours - so you need to keep it below 4% - then even at 4% it will already start to bring the flavours down.

Also, Blackberry needs quite a bit of steeping before the flavour starts to shine :)

Last edited:
Hi there,

how much Ethyl Maltol (EM) did you use?

Em has a tendency to mute flavours - so you need to keep it below 4% - then even at 4% it will already start to bring the flavours down.

Also, Blackberry needs quite a bit of steeping before the flavour starts to shine :)

I added the EM straight to the tank. So the original mix is untouched.

I was just surprised by the lack of flavour. All i could perceive was some smoothness which I assume is the Bavarian Cream.

@Va-poor what is your PG/VG ratio on this mix?

50/50 I did use 'Alpha' VG from the pharmacy if that makes a difference.

Edit: I only added the EM after trying it the first time on its own. I did try to heat steep it in hot water for an hour.

Yeah the Alpha-Parm Glycerin BP is the right thing.

All I can think is that either it needs some steeping, or you need stronger flavours - that's the thing with flavour, it is very subjective, so everyone experiences it differently. I would up our blackberry to 12% - careful though, if you go too high it can start tasting very chemically/soapy/perfumey (people perceive the effect differently)

hi all.

i have looked around and maybe i'm blind but haven't seen this asked. As a noob to DIY, i ordered some PG,VG and 36% nic VG juice from skyblue. Of course there were a few concentrates included as well.

My question is, the VG nic juice is extremely thick and i cant really use the syringes to measure it out. Should i be pre mixing it with the no nic vg or is the a better/easier way to work with the nic juice.

Hope this isn't the doffest question you've heard. o_O

Back