NB ECIGSSA JHB VapeMeet - Saturday 5 March 2016

Absolutely awesome day out.

Great seeing you all again and meeting all the new people.

Wicked big awesome thanks to the organizers, sponsors, and everyone who pitched up. What a day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic day out.
Will definitely join for as many vape meets as possible.
Great crowd, great vibe. Vendors on point.
I am one happy vaper right now:)
Shout to all those who made it possible! Great job guys and gals ! :D

Good morning fellow Vapers! That's right, at the time of starting this post it is 01:46AM Sunday 06-March. Whilst contesting with a restless nights sleep I thought it would be the perfect time to make good on a promise I made to Silver to become more active on the forums! =^.^=

What better opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to one & all for such a vapetastic event! It was my first Vape Meet and it was a real humbling adventure. I thought I would take a moment to share a few of my insights into 'the good, the bad and the ugly' on various aspects of the day. My comments are not targeted at anyone or anything in particular but simply reflect my personal experience. So take the critique as you wish,

The Good
Wow, what a location, News Café in Sandton seem to be so accommodating to Vapers and I look forward to hopefully being exposed to other events where a similar experience can be had. The most notable moment for me here was being able to enjoy my meal without the haze and stench of analogue stinkies! The staff were friendly, the service and food was really good! A combination that is quite a rarity to come by nowadays.

The Bad
The venue has great floor-space but I do personally believe that better use could have been made with table arrangements to accommodate the overwhelming attendance. There must have been at least 400 people crammed into the News Café at some point! :) Whilst I was quite lucky to have a prime seat to view the cloud blowing competition, by shear accident I must add, unfortunately I am afraid not everyone could share the same sentiment as both the competitors and viewer were mashed into a bit of a small space in the corner of the restaurant, again solvable by better utilising the space at hand.

The Ugly
Besides the overbearing heat outside the poor air conditioner inside seemed to have been struggling. Not a biggy as i'm sure this would unavoidable for almost any venue catering for the volume that News Café saw yesterday! :)

Vendors

The Good
It was amazing to see such a turn-out of vendors each with their own unique and diverse offering of Vape gear and juices! I tried to support every vendor by purchasing something at least from everyone and was greeted with friendliness and kindness that has become a hard find spanning many industries in South Africa. Especially when the 'noob' comes along asking stupid questions the answers were helpful, concise and not undermining by any means! Well done everyone! :-D

The Bad
0mg guys! I promise you, we 0mg Vapers do exist. We may be a small sub-community that exists in the dark corners of the Vape world but we are there nonetheless! 3 of the vendors I approached with requests for some juices I was quite excited about did not bring with or stock 0mg. I''ll have to go online to place my orders and organise... I completely understand and cannot even begin to appreciate the complexities in logistics to haul around stock to an event like this but please my personal request is to bring some 0mg around for us 'flavour chasers' =^.^=.

The Ugly
Hmmm.... absolutely nothing I can bring to the forefront here. You guys are all to awesome! I'm just so broke now! :-(

Competition

The Good
Defiantly the turn-out. I never in my wildest dreams imagined so many people would have entered into the Cloud Blowing competition. What a blast! Support was outstanding and the judging seemed to be fair.

The Bad
More competitions! I saw a group of guys blowing friggen Vape rings and manipulating them in all sorts of ways. One guy even made a ring perfectly land on the back of some bald guys head! Sorry in advance to any offence caused to all bald people... :p Seriously though, Maybe a 'Trickster Blowing Competition' of some sort? I'm sure a bit of out-of-the-box thinking could lead to a multitude of various competitions!

The Ugly
Again, nothing to criticize here.​

Well that pretty much sums up my personal recollections of the day. To the organizers, sponsors and all fellow Vapers out there I again extend my sincere gratitude for making this happen! I can't wait for the next one which I am sure will be even bigger and better than the year before it and may this trend continue to eternity!

Vape on!
Cybermoo

the meet was epic, really enjoyed meeting everyone - I didn't get to say hi to a lot of people that I wanted to - but the people I did meet are all awesome. Thanks big thanks to the organizer's of the meet you guys really make vaping that much cooler it is like the cherry on the top. Much love :)

Good morning fellow Vapers! That's right, at the time of starting this post it is 01:46AM Sunday 06-March. Whilst contesting with a restless nights sleep I thought it would be the perfect time to make good on a promise I made to Silver to become more active on the forums! =^.^=

What better opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to one & all for such a vapetastic event! It was my first Vape Meet and it was a real humbling adventure. I thought I would take a moment to share a few of my insights into 'the good, the bad and the ugly' on various aspects of the day. My comments are not targeted at anyone or anything in particular but simply reflect my personal experience. So take the critique as you wish,

The Good
Wow, what a location, News Café in Sandton seem to be so accommodating to Vapers and I look forward to hopefully being exposed to other events where a similar experience can be had. The most notable moment for me here was being able to enjoy my meal without the haze and stench of analogue stinkies! The staff were friendly, the service and food was really good! A combination that is quite a rarity to come by nowadays.

The Bad
The venue has great floor-space but I do personally believe that better use could have been made with table arrangements to accommodate the overwhelming attendance. There must have been at least 400 people crammed into the News Café at some point! :) Whilst I was quite lucky to have a prime seat to view the cloud blowing competition, by shear accident I must add, unfortunately I am afraid not everyone could share the same sentiment as both the competitors and viewer were mashed into a bit of a small space in the corner of the restaurant, again solvable by better utilising the space at hand.

The Ugly
Besides the overbearing heat outside the poor air conditioner inside seemed to have been struggling. Not a biggy as i'm sure this would unavoidable for almost any venue catering for the volume that News Café saw yesterday! :)

Vendors

The Good
It was amazing to see such a turn-out of vendors each with their own unique and diverse offering of Vape gear and juices! I tried to support every vendor by purchasing something at least from everyone and was greeted with friendliness and kindness that has become a hard find spanning many industries in South Africa. Especially when the 'noob' comes along asking stupid questions the answers were helpful, concise and not undermining by any means! Well done everyone! :-D

The Bad
0mg guys! I promise you, we 0mg Vapers do exist. We may be a small sub-community that exists in the dark corners of the Vape world but we are there nonetheless! 3 of the vendors I approached with requests for some juices I was quite excited about did not bring with or stock 0mg. I''ll have to go online to place my orders and organise... I completely understand and cannot even begin to appreciate the complexities in logistics to haul around stock to an event like this but please my personal request is to bring some 0mg around for us 'flavour chasers' =^.^=.

The Ugly
Hmmm.... absolutely nothing I can bring to the forefront here. You guys are all to awesome! I'm just so broke now! :-(

Competition

The Good
Defiantly the turn-out. I never in my wildest dreams imagined so many people would have entered into the Cloud Blowing competition. What a blast! Support was outstanding and the judging seemed to be fair.

The Bad
More competitions! I saw a group of guys blowing friggen Vape rings and manipulating them in all sorts of ways. One guy even made a ring perfectly land on the back of some bald guys head! Sorry in advance to any offence caused to all bald people... :p Seriously though, Maybe a 'Trickster Blowing Competition' of some sort? I'm sure a bit of out-of-the-box thinking could lead to a multitude of various competitions!

The Ugly

Well that pretty much sums up my personal recollections of the day. To the organizers, sponsors and all fellow Vapers out there I again extend my sincere gratitude for making this happen! I can't wait for the next one which I am sure will be even bigger and better than the year before it and may this trend continue to eternity!

Vape on!
Cybermoo
Ahh dude, I think I was standing next to you when that happened - the "o" on the guys head. I was actually telling the guy that blew the "o" that I wish there was a trick competition - then he said he was blowing "o" and manipulating them in the VIP area, that's when he blew one onto the guys head :). I 100% agree that a trick competition is required at these big vape meets. I really love watching the tricks, plus I think it takes some level of creativity and precision . Not taking anything away from the cloud guys though, that was also awesome :) Some gents have freaking massive lungs wow as well as massive devices goodness that thing that the person known as Olie ,I think it is @Oliver Barry not sure, was carrying good grief bro :), I thought the Noisy Cricket hits like a truck that thing you carried must have hit like a freight train.

Thank you to all the organizers of the meet! You guys are awesome! Great seeing my vaping friends again, to name but a few @Rob Fisher , @Silver , @Gizmo , @BumbleBee , @PeterHarris , @Cliff , @Alex , @Stroodlepuff , @Paulie , @shaunnadan - great seeing all of you again. If I missed someone, I apologize, but I can't recall all the names right now.
Congrats to everyone who won something at the lucky draw and also to @Maxxis for winning the cloud blowing comp.
I really had a wonderful day and the atmosphere was just really nice and friendly. I'm a big fan of the vape meets and I've tried to attend all of them as best I could and I will try to keep it up in the future.
Venue was great and the food was awesome.
Only problem is.......I spent waaaaaayyyy too much money yesterday and it's gonna take me a while to recover from that and for that reason I'm thankful that we don't have a meet every month. It will ruin me financially.
@Paulie , that coffee cake is soooo awesome man! Glad I bought two of those.
@Sir Vape , that White e juice is really really awesome. Pity I only bought one bottle, but I will try to fix that mistake soon.....lol
All in all, GREAT day yesterday!!

PS: @shaunnadan , we forgot the PIF stuff again yesterday! Damn, it's still in my car. We need to make a plan bud.

Wow. What a day! It was super amazing to see everyone and so many new people.

Massive thank you to Andrew and his team from NewsCafe. Thanks for being such amazing hosts and for accommodating us so well. Your service was superb. NewsCafe Sandton rocks!!

Here were the labels all set up. Almost all the labels were used which meant almost everyone was there on the day. And there were many that got labels made on the day. Thanks to everyone for the super turnout.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457244913.589309.jpg

Quick pose before the meet started. I think @Alex was enjoying the espressos all morning. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457245028.064573.jpg

Congrats to the Cloud Comp winner @Maxxis. Well done Maxxis! You did so well. Was great to see you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457245241.916074.jpg

Smiles all round. The great part was to see everyone smiling and excited about vaping. Here is skipper @Rob Fisher with @WARMACHINE.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457245399.279477.jpg

The place was packed inside and outside. What a vibe! It was great to see all the forumites with their forum name labels in real life! Its like transferring the forum into the real world for an afternoon. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457246414.165232.jpg

Prize giving was great. Thanks to all the vendors that donated the lovely prizes. Here is @OreO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457245662.068498.jpg

And @Vetsak. Was great to see you again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457245710.439140.jpg

Just want to say a big thank you to each and every one of you that came to the meet. You guys and girls made the vibe very special.

A big thanks to our skipper @Rob Fisher for coming up from Durban and being the vape ambassador you always are. And a big thanks to the team for helping out with the planning and on the day. It was marvellous and well worth the effort.

Thank everyone, the event was great.

Had loads of fun with waifu.
Awesome to finally put some faces to the names.

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Vendors

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Competition

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Vape on!
Cybermoo

Thanks for the feedback @Cybermoo and for starting to be more active on the forums!
Was great to see you yesterday. i wanted to spend more time chatting but was too hectic ;-)
Looking forward to more interactions

What a insane day! Absolutely had a blast, Well done to everyone who organized, well done Johan! Cloud King of note! And also a big thanks to organizing the VIP room for my boys in the trick team, they had a super day , Can't wait for the next meet , it's Gona be amazing, we definetely need a bigger venue for next meet.

Vape meet was awesome. I only realized now I just greeted @BumbleBee and never tracked him down to have a chat. I wanted to, but stuff happened. Next time. Overall it was a great day. As for the cloud blowing. It was one of the most difficult ones to judge as they guys were on form and some clouds were really close. Well done to all

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Great meet guys! Sorry we had to leave early unexpectedly for an emergency but was great to see so many vapers :rock:

That was awesome, couldn't believe how many people pitched up!

Met some very cool vapors and vendors, tasted a good couple different juices and learnt a lot about specific mods, drippers, RTAs, coils, etc. Big thanks to the guys at my table who didn't mind answering all the questions I had, it was all super informative!

Cheers for organising such a cool event, looking forward to the next one :D

Great meet guys. Thanks and congrats to all involved in the organising. Nice to see old faces and meet new ones, everyone is so friendly!
Just some pics I took (please excuse the crappy quality)...

Getting to the venue via the M1...took me over an hour due to road works and an accident.
IMG_20160305_134130.jpg

Vape tricks in the VIP section
IMG_20160305_151954.jpg
Cloud comp...
IMG_20160305_152513.jpg
IMG_20160305_152612.jpg
C.O.V. Mini Volt Kit - Red version...IMG_20160305_152658.jpg

@Larry, all the way from CT (nice meeting you and tasting 2 of your excellent e-juices. We couldn't really say no, @Larry said we must so we did lol). No, @Silver is not taller than him, he was standing on the raised platform section, lol.IMG_20160305_152809.jpg

Business for News Cafe must have been great...
IMG_20160305_152430.jpg
IMG_20160305_152615.jpg

Prize giving. Excellent prizes from the vendors/sponsors. IMG_20160305_161754.jpg
IMG_20160305_160938.jpg
IMG_20160305_160932.jpg
IMG_20160305_160644.jpg

Last edited:
Was a really awesome meeting so many forumites!!! Excellently organised. Well done guys! So glad I decided to come through had so much fun! Super happy everyone loved the milk tart!

@Pixstar couldn't stop vaping the vanilla mint ice cream lol had to beg him to give the sample back lol

Awesome meeting all of you and looking forward to the next one!

Was a really awesome meeting so many forumites!!! Excellently organised. Well done guys! So glad I decided to come through had so much fun! Super happy everyone loved the milk tart!

@Pixstar couldn't stop vaping the vanilla mint ice cream lol had to beg him to give the sample back lol

Awesome meeting all of you and looking forward to the next one!
No lies, that vanilla mint ice cream is excellent, so refreshing, especially on a warm day like yesterday! Thanks for the tasting!

What an awesome event. thanks to all the forum staff and members for making this happen. Might need a bigger venue next time. Great to put faces to our members.

giphy.gif

Thank you very much @Pixstar super happy to have more and more people tasting my juice and receiving great feedback like yours!

Thanks for the photos @Pixstar
I wanted to chat more to you on the day but it got away so quickly!

Back