Ether vs Expro (village idiot comparison)

CJB85

Enthusiastically Clueless
LV

Awards
Okay so here we go!
Ether vs the Expro from my own, very limited capability point of view.

You have all seen some Ether videos, so not covering any “out the box” stuff. One thing I found odd however, is that there is no screwdriver in the box.

The Ether feels dainty and solid at the same time. The Expro feels like a tank, nothing dainty about it.

I got the matte black Ether and the finish is very good, almost a luxurious feel to it. I couldn’t really pick up any major differences in build quality, but the glass on the Ether is (or feels) very thin.

The build decks are VERY similar, so building is a piece of cake on both. Wicking ease has to go to the Expro, but only because the juice wells are so huge that you don’t need to comb anything out. I had to thin the wicks out somewhat on the ether to get them sitting comfortably through the juice ports.

Looks, while 100% subjective, I prefer the look of the Ether. It looks slicker, more sophisticated and the dimensions are just better overall.

Now for the important stuff...
The draw on the Ether is dead silent, but looser than the Expro. I have the Ether on the one, super tiny airflow hole (with the AF reducer installed under the coil) and it is on par with the Expro with about 3 holes open. Both are equally smooth (although I am getting a tiny bit of coil crackle on the Ether. I must mention that the cotton felt slightly looser through the coil when building the Ether, so more a result of my building than anything to do with the RTA).

The drip-tip on the Ether is definitely something different and not what I am used to at all. It is not unpleasant, but having used only a Kayfun Lite and Expro for a long time, my mind keeps thinking of DL when my mouth touches the tip on the Ether.

Flavour?
I almost feel bad for saying this, because I really REALLY like my Expro... The Ether takes the flavour battle and not by a small margin. It is a liquid I haven’t tasted before, but the flavour is fuller on the Ether. The apple is much more pronounced and sweeter.

Am I glad I bought the Ether?
Absolutely! So much so that if the performance difference remains across different builds and liquids, the Expro might just find the holiday season to be very lonely.

D2C12CDC-3386-4B49-ABC7-06862CF35306.jpeg 86FFF2DC-BD71-44A5-B36C-92E15B7080AD.jpeg D35C04F0-4561-480F-B8CC-DFFDD5553D54.jpeg 15792158-266B-4B7A-BB62-CB77B58064DF.jpeg CAC8E29D-C285-4F2F-B061-EF329D2D348A.jpeg 8AD02CF1-C4C4-4957-A7D7-AA28B8206439.jpeg CBF9FDEC-BEF8-4FC2-8485-DF8B6150BA5A.jpeg 9B6E3FBE-7DA6-4062-826C-1AA23D1FDE64.jpeg

Attachments

• 71A4C200-AC73-4B50-B47D-B15089F2C637.jpeg
    71A4C200-AC73-4B50-B47D-B15089F2C637.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 8
Die8LGI.gif

@CJB85 Thank you bud...you have covered most things I personally needed to know about this RTA...As much as these 2 in 1 rtas are nice...I tend to use the RDL functionality very rarely. Its all about mtl for me at the end of the day and im glad you wrote this up and nicely done too!!
Added to cart! :)

PS...please slap on a smaller mtl driptip like the expro or nautilus if at all possible please.

@CJB85 Thank you bud...you have covered most things I personally needed to know about this RTA...As much as these 2 in 1 rtas are nice...I tend to use the RDL functionality very rarely. Its all about mtl for me at the end of the day and im glad you wrote this up and nicely done too!!

PS...please slap on a smaller mtl driptip like the expro or nautilus if at all possible please.

Yes please! As I doubt I would use that Stock drip tip when @Christos eventually decides to sell me his.... :rolleyes:

Done... it looks kind of wonky with the Expro tip, but the draw is nicer. The flavour seems even better (might be placebo due to the more enjoyable tip), but the coil crackle seems more pronounced.
I think it will look pretty good with a standard Kayfun tip, or even one of the newer Wave tips.

F4B8D63E-E0B0-4384-B06A-6DD893EA5A04.jpeg E0B2F7DA-8287-409B-9AA8-631D1580757D.jpeg 6C44A596-16AA-4993-943C-1DA4A65213EF.jpeg EF50F49E-3C40-4247-8507-68F2C4853688.jpeg F4B8D63E-E0B0-4384-B06A-6DD893EA5A04.jpeg E0B2F7DA-8287-409B-9AA8-631D1580757D.jpeg 6C44A596-16AA-4993-943C-1DA4A65213EF.jpeg EF50F49E-3C40-4247-8507-68F2C4853688.jpeg

Here is another tip, but purely for aesthetics, as the bore is for RDL.
F657A4A6-229F-42FF-B6B6-0ABA9C8FC8D7.jpeg

I may have found a con, but it may just be user error. Perhaps @BioHAZarD can weigh in here, if he has also experienced the same?
The AF ring makes up most of the base, so screwing and unscrewing the base is virtually impossible without turning the AF ring. I have to turn the AF all the way to a hard stop on the left to unscrew and then all the way to the right to screw it back on. This is not the con though, but rather this... when I try to unscrew the deck, it is not the part that starts to unscrew, but the chimney starts unscrewing from the fill port section!
I hope this is just some error on my side, otherwise it means you have no access to your deck without losing all the liquid in the tank.

I may have found a con, but it may just be user error. Perhaps @BioHAZarD can weigh in here, if he has also experienced the same?
The AF ring makes up most of the base, so screwing and unscrewing the base is virtually impossible without turning the AF ring. I have to turn the AF all the way to a hard stop on the left to unscrew and then all the way to the right to screw it back on. This is not the con though, but rather this... when I try to unscrew the deck, it is not the part that starts to unscrew, but the chimney starts unscrewing from the fill port section!
I hope this is just some error on my side, otherwise it means you have no access to your deck without losing all the liquid in the tank.
Had the same issue with the extension kit ... don't lube the o-ring where it connect to the top of the atty. keep it as dry as possible when reassembling and lube the bottom o-ring below the deck. Sorted out the issue for me... was also tricky on a SBS mod where part of the atty is sunk

Had the same issue with the extension kit ... don't lube the o-ring where it connect to the top of the atty. keep it as dry as possible when reassembling and lube the bottom o-ring below the deck. Sorted out the issue for me... was also tricky on a SBS mod where part of the atty is sunk
Thank you!
I am very glad that I was not being an idiot and even more glad that there is a fix!

Gonna chuck in my 5c here.... Y'all know I'm MTL crazy.

I agree with what @CJB85 has said on the Ether vs Expromizer V4. The Expromizer is a great tank, the top airflow is super quiet and super smooth. Flavour is good but the Ether is better by a fair bit.

I keep buying MTL atties to see if anything can knock the Kayfun Prime off its pirch in my books, and the Ether is the closest any atty has come. The vape experience is very very close, except the Ether's airflow can be set tighter for those that like the golf ball through a hose pipe pull. Flavour is fantastic, but I get a bit more coil crackle then the KF Prime but nothing major. The Ether is more modern and beautifully machined. I think Bogan did a great job.

What I didn't initially like about the Ether was the drip tip, so I got the Pipe Boy Drip tips by Bearded Viking Customs available at Vapers Corner. Very comfortable and makes for a great vape

I've been using a prime for a couple of years now, love this atty, so much so, I got the DLC version a few months ago. Also decided to get the Wave tips with the order from Creme de Vape and I couldn't be happier with them. Very comfortable and keeps great flavour. I highly recommend them to any MTL enthusiast.

20201125_181658.jpg

Gonna chuck in my 5c here.... Y'all know I'm MTL crazy.

I agree with what @CJB85 has said on the Ether vs Expromizer V4. The Expromizer is a great tank, the top airflow is super quiet and super smooth. Flavour is good but the Ether is better by a fair bit.

I keep buying MTL atties to see if anything can knock the Kayfun Prime off its pirch in my books, and the Ether is the closest any atty has come. The vape experience is very very close, except the Ether's airflow can be set tighter for those that like the golf ball through a hose pipe pull. Flavour is fantastic, but I get a bit more coil crackle then the KF Prime but nothing major. The Ether is more modern and beautifully machined. I think Bogan did a great job.

What I didn't initially like about the Ether was the drip tip, so I got the Pipe Boy Drip tips by Bearded Viking Customs available at Vapers Corner. Very comfortable and makes for a great vape

I've been using a prime for a couple of years now, love this atty, so much so, I got the DLC version a few months ago. Also decided to get the Wave tips with the order from Creme de Vape and I couldn't be happier with them. Very comfortable and keeps great flavour. I highly recommend them to any MTL enthusiast.

View attachment 214921
Thanks so much for the drip-tip hint! I’m definitely swinging by there ASAP!

Loving this thread. I’ll chip in. I loved my expro, but the ether completely took its place. Not that it’s miles better at all, but small subjective things for me. I like the compact and solid build of the ether. The expro can sometimes look like the Eiffel Tower and it’s a monster of a tank. I like the smoothness slightly more on the ether. But mostly they are very equal. Personal preference leads me to my ether.

Thanks so much for the drip-tip hint! I’m definitely swinging by there ASAP!
And if there is way to try the wave tips, definitely worth it.

Vapers corner has the clear, grey and black resin in those pipe boy tips

And if there is way to try the wave tips, definitely worth it.

Vapers corner has the clear, grey and black resin in those pipe boy tips
Do the pipe boys have a proper, narrow MTL bore? I cant see on the image and dont want to spend R120 on a drip tip and buy the wrong thing.

Do the pipe boys have a proper, narrow MTL bore? I cant see on the image and dont want to spend R120 on a drip tip and buy the wrong thing.
Perfect for. MTL. You won't go wrong. Hollowed out at the bottom and smaller bore at the top. A bit like the standard Kayfun Prime drip tip. 20201125_200040.jpg 20201125_200114.jpg

Another thing about the expromizer V4, the drip tip that it came with muted the flavour for me, so I switched it for a slightly wider bore and a big improvement on flavour.

Perfect for. MTL. You won't go wrong. Hollowed out at the bottom and smaller bore at the top. A bit like the standard Kayfun Prime drip tip. View attachment 214927 View attachment 214928

Another thing about the expromizer V4, the drip tip that it came with muted the flavour for me, so I switched it for a slightly wider bore and a big improvement on flavour.
Where these from bud

Perfect for. MTL. You won't go wrong. Hollowed out at the bottom and smaller bore at the top. A bit like the standard Kayfun Prime drip tip. View attachment 214927 View attachment 214928

Fantastic, if it is in the range of the Kayfun tips, it will be perfect!
Sending you a whatsapp tomorrow btw, I need to restock on some proper liquids.

Back