FastTech??

Fedex and dhl how much more do u pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Much more seeing as "normal" shipping is free. Also take into account that with DHL and the likes you will pay full duties, vat and clearance fees on invoiced amount.

I've been throwing the last few on Singapore Post for the sake of shorter advertised shipping periods, like 16-20 days versus 20-30 days. Whether that will be the case is yet to be seen, but SARS has proven that they only employ blind people so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Import R600 worth of electronics in a 15cmx15cmx15cm box, pay R38 import tax
Import 5 cotton pads in a 8cmx8cm paper packet, pay R180 import tax

HOW?!

I've been throwing the last few on Singapore Post for the sake of shorter advertised shipping periods, like 16-20 days versus 20-30 days. Whether that will be the case is yet to be seen, but SARS has proven that they only employ blind people so I'm not getting my hopes up.

HOW?!
It's Africa man...

Can anybod tel me that my package tracking status says information received (this is not acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated registered article) means

It simply means your package is between FT, and the shipping company, and the ship.

Typically it should look like this, forward:

2015-08-05 11:12 Arrival at Destination (Country: ZA)

2015-07-30 15:34 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)

2015-07-27 15:03 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

HOW?!
I feel you. Have had similar experiences with customs. thought about sending it back to re-assess but considering it took 1 month and a half to get to me from customs, I couldn't fathom waiting for them to send it back there and back again.

Can anybod tel me that my package tracking status says information received (this is not acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated registered article) means
It hasn't been scanned in anywhere yet.

It hasn't been scanned in anywhere yet.
I've had this and then also dispatched overseas straight after (and 2 weeks later) which is weird that they never updated to goods received or similar but I got my stuff and this time with a R50 customs charge so I'm not complaining.

I've had this and then also dispatched overseas straight after (and 2 weeks later) which is weird that they never updated to goods received or similar but I got my stuff and this time with a R50 customs charge so I'm not complaining.
Yip, this happens. I've also been surprised by parcels at my PO that according to the tracking system haven't even left yet but arrive with customs demands en alles :confused:

HOW?!

Because cotton is also produced in South Africa and that's why you pay so much for importing it. They don't care that it's a different kind of cotton. To them it's just cotton and because it's produced here, you pay a lot to bring it in.

Back