Flooding Kanger coils

Mike

Mad Mixologist
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hey folks

So I bought my folks some ecigs a few months back. They've been using them sporadically.. Anycase my dad was moaning that even at 4.8v on his VS2 it wasn't so good anymore. I asked him when last he changed his coil - turns out he hadn't yet. So I popped one of the unopened upgraded jobbies that I bought them along with their setups a few months ago in and lo and behold, my dad got a significant kick with it firing at max power. However within a minute it was flooding - I tried one in my old mPT3 that I'd given to a friend and it also also flooded pretty badly.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm pretty certain I'm not doing anything wrong...

Have never experienced this on HRH's mPT3s. All I can offer is this from here:

Atomizer sometime can get a little too much eLiquid inside - they can become gurgly: this is normal and can be fixed easily
  • Remove and clean the mouth piece as well as the battery connection (if necessary) and place your atomizer over a paper towel.
  • Tip your Atomizer upside down (bottom up) and make sure the liquid is below the coils - this is to make sure we do not create too much pressure inside the atomizer when blowing into it (next step).
  • Blow hard into the air hole (usually where the connection threads are) to remove any excess liquid from the air chamber.
  • Clean the atomizer mouth piece section (some eLiquid should come out).
  • Now your atomizer should work perfectly again without any more gurgle.

Thanks @Andre but I've already tried the basics :) I'm talking like a good few drops coming through on a pull, not just some light gurlging.

I have posted this before.

I have found on some coils I get the same problem but only minor leaking.
Take one of your old coils that you are done with (the updated coil with the flat o-ring on the chimney)
Remove the flat o-ring and put it on top of the flat o-ring on the new coil.
You will now have a double o-ring on the chimney. It is a little harder to tighten down now but you have a much better seal.
Also if on your aerotanks try loosen the air draw so you are not sucking so much liquid.

image1-jpeg.13866
image2-jpeg.13867
image3-jpeg.13868

Hey Mike, i'm pretty sure the problem is the fact that you were firing this coil at, as you stated, 'max power'.

What is the resistance of the coils in question ? I have found that if these coils (or the single Kanger coils) are heated up too much, and the user takes a 'hard' pull, then the coils will start gurgling.

I suppose this is due to the liquid heating up too much and becoming 'thin' enough to bypass the wicks and cause the gurgle. I would say dropping the voltage should definitely remedy the problem. Sometimes the coil is too far gone to save, then has to be replaced.

Hope this helps and good luck with your folks journey :)

Hi @Mike
Dont know if you did it, the base were the coil screws into must be very dry, also the bottom of the coil. There is a small o-ring there that seals the atty from leaking. That was my problem .. just had the wipe the base and the bottom of the coil bone dry before installation and all was good

@Zodiac that's not the issue either. I've fired it at up to 14W without issues, this was more the change between 18mg on an old coil at 9W and a fresh one.

@kimbo, I see. By flooding i mean coming up the chimney into the driptip, are you talking about that or leaking?

@Zodiac that's not the issue either. I've fired it at up to 14W without issues, this was more the change between 18mg on an old coil at 9W and a fresh one.

@kimbo, I see. By flooding i mean coming up the chimney into the driptip, are you talking about that or leaking?

@Mike for some reason when i cleaned that part the gurgling stopped. the juice in the mouth stopped and the leaking stopped

Thanks K-Dawg. Gonna try it and report back

No luck :( Supposedly someone else got a whole box of duds.. Gonna buy some new ones and see if I was unlicky enough to get duds...

Ok seems the 4th coil of the box isn't flooding... Pretty certain they're duds :(

What a bummer. R135 for 2 (possibly 1) coil..

The Kanger coils are definitely not very consistent in quality. I've had great ones, and dud ones.

It's probably the main reason I switched to rebuildables exclusively and only use the kanger tanks in a pinch.

Hopefully the new style coils will be more conistently good.

Sorry to hear about your troubles @Mike

This is the great pity with commercial coils and it shouldnt be like this because it puts people off vaping.

I have had quite a few inconsistencies with the Kanger single coils bought from different retailers
Luckily my BVC coils (ive only used about 5 so far) for the Nautilus Mini have been a lot better

I am nervous of these commercial coils. I wish the manufacturers would put a bit more effort in to making them more consistent with better quality - even if they cost a bit more.

Sorry to hear about your troubles @Mike

This is the great pity with commercial coils and it shouldnt be like this because it puts people off vaping.

I have had quite a few inconsistencies with the Kanger single coils bought from different retailers
Luckily my BVC coils (ive only used about 5 so far) for the Nautilus Mini have been a lot better

I am nervous of these commercial coils. I wish the manufacturers would put a bit more effort in to making them more consistent with better quality - even if they cost a bit more.

I absolutely agree...It is (was) like buying a pack of cigarettes and half of them are broken :-@

I absolutely agree...It is (was) like buying a pack of cigarettes and half of them are broken :-@

Mind you my mom and I noticed in the last two years of stinkies that the cigarettes would not stay lit if you put them down in the ashtray for a while. We were both Rothmans smokers. They were broken - lol

@Silver, that was yet another added chemical.the packs said "anti ignition propensity".was the same with Marlboro lights

Funny that

I recall reading that the big tobacco companies had to add something to keep it burning. Now you say they added something to give it "anti ignition propensity" - as if that is something that improves the experience. Lol, you never know whats going on with them.

Just so glad I am off stinkies.

i am nervous of these commercial coils. I wish the manufacturers would put a bit more effort in to making them more consistent with better quality - even if they cost a bit more.

Exactly!

I hardly get excited about new commercial tanks. I immediately wonder how consistent the coils will be,

Both my commercial tanks - absolutely loved them till I got a batch of rubbish coils. Then I get put off the whole tank.

I'm going to buy 1 more pack of Nautilus coils, and I see how it goes. That was a really nice tank that now just sits in a box

Exactly!

I hardly get excited about new commercial tanks. I immediately wonder how consistent the coils will be,

Both my commercial tanks - absolutely loved them till I got a batch of rubbish coils. Then I get put off the whole tank.

I'm going to buy 1 more pack of Nautilus coils, and I see how it goes. That was a really nice tank that now just sits in a box

Sorry to hear that @r0gue z0mbie
Where did you buy your Nautilus coils? And how many were bad?

Sorry to hear that @r0gue z0mbie
Where did you buy your Nautilus coils? And how many were bad?

It wasn't a particular pack, it was one or two coils here and there over a period of time. It's just the last two coils I used up quickly, and they just weren't giving the "good" flavour I was used to with the mAN.

All locally bought from our forum retailers.

It was nobody but Aspire's fault :)

But a friend has around 4 naitilus tanks and he doesn't seem to have too much hassles with the BVC coils. So I do really want to give it another go.

Back