Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

I am pleased to report that the forum is growing fast, both in members posts and new member registrations.

I have pulled the monthly stats from October 2013 to the end of April 2014. I intend keeping an eye on these stats going forward.

Monthly Posts

2014_05_01 - Posts To April 2014.jpg

• The monthly posts is growing quickly. It was 4,335 in January and 13,526 in April
  • At this rate, it should be over 15,000 for May and I wouldn't be surprised if its above 20,000 per month in the next few months
New Member Registrations

2014_05_01 - User Registrations To April 2014.jpg

• New member registrations shot up to 122 in April
  • Note that the 115 registrations shown in December 2013 was influenced by the Christmas carol competition that led to about 50 members joining. However, these members have subsequently not contributed much and many have not been seen since. So to adjust for those, I put in a red dot at about the 65 level, where I estimate it should have been for that month.
  • April therefore marks the first month of over 100 new members
  • The total member count is now at 531, as of the forum's home page
  • I would not be surprised if we get to 1,000 members during the month of August

The stats above are drawn from the forum's internal admin software. They show the activity of our members and our posts. Bear in mind that these stats exclude the growing interest from visitors, who are not members and just browse the site without posting. @Gizmo is keeping tabs on the overall web visitors separately.

Great stats!! Please do keep updating it, great to see how well the forum is doing!

@Silver

Here is December Forum Baby that is addicted to the forum!! Thanks for the stats. It is nice to see how vaping is growing. :h:

Indeed, the growth on this forum does reflect growth in vaping.

I also think it shows what a great forum we have with such great members

Member Posts and User Registrations - MAY 2014

Monthly Posts

2014_06_06 - Posts To end May 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • The monthly posts has levelled off but still reached a new record of 13,744 in May.
  • This is lower than my previous prediction of 15,000 but at least it's moving in the right direction ;-)
New Member Registrations

2014_06_06 - User Registrations To end May 2014 - 640 wide.jpg ??
  • New member registrations was 117 in May (slightly down from 122 in April)
  • That means on average about 4 new members each day
  • Once again I have put in a red dot for Dec 13 (The 115 registrations shown in December 2013 was influenced by the Christmas carol competition that led to about 50 members joining. However, these members have subsequently not contributed much and many have not been seen since. So to adjust for those, I put in a red dot at about the 65 level, where I estimate it should have been for that month.)
The growth in this forum continues to show that vaping is on the increase but also that we are a great bunch of people on here! Well done to all for your contributions and assistance you have given to others.

The stats above are drawn from the forum's internal admin software. They show the activity of our members and our posts. Bear in mind that these stats exclude the growing interest from visitors, who are not members and just browse the site without posting. @Gizmo is keeping tabs on overall web visitors and traffic in several other threads.

Member Posts and User Registrations - JUNE & JULY 2014

Apologies, I missed June 2014, so this post covers June and July.

Monthly Posts

2014_08_11 - Post To end July 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • The monthly post count made a new record in June and was stable in July.
  • It was 16,389 in June and 16,318 in July
  • That's over 500 posts a day!

New Member Registrations

2014_08_11 - User registrations To end July 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • New member registrations was 152 in June and a record 218 in July
  • For July it means an average of just over 7 new registrations each day
  • Once again, the red dot for Dec13 to denote the adjusted registrations for that month.
Interestingly, despite the new member registrations growing a lot in July, the total post count was stable.

The front page of our forum currently shows a total of 1,073 users. This reflects the total number of users that have signed up to date. However 93 of these users have been banned since they were spammers. This means we currently have 980 bona fide members! We are sure to pass the 1,000 mark soon.

The forum continues growing at a rapid pace and credit must go to everyone for making it such a great place.

The stats above are drawn from the forum's internal admin software. They show the activity of our members and our posts. Bear in mind that these stats exclude the ever growing interest from visitors, who are not members and just browse the site without signing up and posting. @Gizmo is keeping tabs on overall web visitors and traffic in several other threads.

I love seeing pics of things goin' up :D

Big ups to all members great and small, without you we wouldn't be here learning and lolling... I love this forum :hug:

well done members."smoking is dead and vaping is the future" 1000 members and 500 post a day that's not bad at all.:clap:

Member Posts and User Registrations - AUGUST 2014

Monthly Posts

2014_09_10 - Posts To end August 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • The monthly post count was fairly stable in August at 16,542 posts
  • That's an average of 533 posts per day
New Member Registrations

2014_09_10 - User registrations To end August 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • New member registrations was a new record at 276 in August
  • This means nearly 9 new registrations per day
  • Once again, the red dot for Dec13 shows the adjusted registrations for that month.
Once again, despite the growth in registrations, the total post count remains fairly stable.

The front page of our forum currently shows a total of 1,368 users. This reflects the total number of users that have signed up to date. However 185 of these users have been banned since they were spammers.

This means we currently have 1,183 bona fide members! We are proud to have passed the 1,000 mark!

Once again, the forum continues growing and credit must go to everyone for making it such a great place.

The stats above are drawn from the forum's internal admin software. They show the activity of our members and our posts. Bear in mind that these stats exclude the ever growing interest from visitors, who are not members and just browse the site without signing up and posting. @Gizmo is keeping tabs on overall web visitors and traffic in several other threads.

Member Posts and User Registrations - SEPTEMBER 2014

Monthly Posts

2014_10_08 - Posts To end September 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • The monthly post count declined in September to 12,514 posts. This is a decline of 24% from August's 16,542 posts
  • There were quite a few changes to the forum template, which could explain some of this decline
  • The post count in the first 8 days of October is 3,683 which suggests that at this rate, October should be back up to above 14,000.

New Member Registrations

2014_10_08 - User registrations To end September 2014 - 640 wide.jpg
  • New member registrations was down to 201 in September. This is down from 276 in August.
  • This means nearly 7 new registrations per day
  • Once again, the red dot for Dec13 shows the adjusted registrations for that month.
The forum software suggests there are a total of 1,293 bona fide users after removing spammers.

Despite activity levels slowing a fair amount in September, the forum continues to grow.
Let's see if activity will accelerate in October.

Member Posts and User Registrations - SEPTEMBER 2014

Monthly Posts

View attachment 12826
  • The monthly post count declined in September to 12,514 posts. This is a decline of 24% from August's 16,542 posts
  • There were quite a few changes to the forum template, which could explain some of this decline
  • The post count in the first 8 days of October is 3,683 which suggests that at this rate, October should be back up to above 14,000.

New Member Registrations

View attachment 12829
  • New member registrations was down to 201 in September. This is down from 276 in August.
  • This means nearly 7 new registrations per day
The forum software suggests there are a total of 1,293 bona fide users after removing spammers.

Despite activity levels slowing a fair amount in September, the forum continues to grow.
Let's see if activity will accelerate in October.

this is awesome to see such growth. also a true indication of how beneficial this forum is to all its members.

I think post count would be directly influenced by new member sign ups as new members tend to ask a lot more questions and in turn members reply.

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

I think post count would be directly influenced by new member sign ups as new members tend to ask a lot more questions and in turn members reply.

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

Agreed @crack2483
But what is interesting is that in August, new member registrations continued moving up strongly yet the post count was stable.

The Admin & Mod team are analysing the September figures in conjunction with the overall site traffic and we are discussing the possible causes.

There are a number of things that happened in September.
- Several high posting members were away,
- we had the template issue and the Tapatalk issue
- and even the transition to better weather ;-)
- We also had the postal strike which has slowed down VapeMail and associated posts on new gear ;-)

Fascinating stuff indeed

Agreed @crack2483
But what is interesting is that in August, new member registrations continued moving up strongly yet the post count was stable.

The Admin & Mod team are analysing the September figures in conjunction with the overall site traffic and we are discussing the possible causes.

There are a number of things that happened in September.
- Several high posting members were away,
- we had the template issue and the Tapatalk issue
- and even the transition to better weather ;-)
- We also had the postal strike which has slowed down VapeMail and associated posts on new gear ;-)

Fascinating stuff indeed
'i actually think that majority of the post come from seasoned members and not as much the newbies. the trend i noticed is that majority of the noobs that do ask questions mostly fade away after the inital few days or once they settled with their new purchase.
just an observation on my part.
ive watched the monthly top poster for the last 3 months and the top posters always look somewhat the same

It's been a while since I have updated these stats. The last update was to SEPTEMBER 2014. So this update includes the data for 4 months from OCTOBER 2014 to the end of JANUARY 2015.

Member Posts and User Registrations - OCTOBER 2014 to JANUARY 2015

Monthly Posts

2015_02_01 - Posts To end January 2015 - 640 wide.jpg

The monthly post count has been in a range from 12,500-16,000 for the past few months.
  • Glad to see it hasn't dropped off
  • The post count increased a lot in January - probably "new year resolution effect" ;-)

New Member Registrations

2015_02_01 - User RegistrationsTo end January 2015 - 640 wide.jpg

New member registrations declined slightly in October and November - then increased nicely in December and January.
  • In January we saw 235 new user registrations - that is nearly 8 per day.
  • Once again, probably a function of many new vapers making new year's resolutions to stop smoking.
The forum software on our front page suggests a total of 2,193 members. I am going to be using this metric from now on because it's simpler and more transparent.

Bottom line is that ECIGSSA is healthy and kicking. After a slowdown in the last quarter of 2014, things are heating up again and we have had an excellent start to 2015. Happy vaping to all!

These are fantastic stats. No doubt the tobacco industry is panicking.

It's been two months since I have updated these stats. The last update was to JANUARY 2015. This update includes the data for 2 months (FEBRUARY and MARCH 2015)

Member Posts and User Registrations - FEBRUARY and MARCH 2015

Monthly Posts

2015_04_04 - Posts To end March 2015 - 640 wide.jpg

• The monthly post count dipped quite a bit in Feb - but there are only 28 days in Feb - and understandable given the enthusiasm seen in January with the new year resolutions and all.
  • It recovered a bit in March to the 12,500 level

New Member Registrations

2015_04_04 - User RegistrationsTo end March 2015 - 640 wide.jpg
  • New member registrations continued increasing in February to reach an all-time record of 287. That is quite remarkable. An average of over 10 a day!
  • It declined a bit in March to 250 - but still near record levels.
The forum software on our front page suggests a total of 2,691 members.

Bottom line is that ECIGSSA continues to be alive and well. I am sure the quarter ahead is going to be a fabulous one. Happy vaping to all!

Back