Laubscher12

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Good day vapers

I am new to vaping and I need some advice! I bought myself an ijust 2 kit and I found it awesome , but it's time for me to move over to the more complicated devices like box mods, mech mods , RBA's etc etc. I am a cloud chaser and I am looking for some big clouds with still a good taste of the juice. I have a fairly low budget and don't want to waste money on something that won't fulfill my expectations. I don't mind building coils and going technical , in fact that's what I want to do to get everything out my device. I was looking at the kangertech dripbox 60w with the squonker for the only reason that you don't have to drip juice and that the clouds and taste is what I am looking for!

Here is the catch what can I get for nothing more than R1200 or what would you recomened?

Good day vapers

I am new to vaping and I need some advice! I bought myself an ijust 2 kit and I found it awesome , but it's time for me to move over to the more complicated devices like box mods, mech mods , RBA's etc etc. I am a cloud chaser and I am looking for some big clouds with still a good taste of the juice. I have a fairly low budget and don't want to waste money on something that won't fulfill my expectations. I don't mind building coils and going technical , in fact that's what I want to do to get everything out my device. I was looking at the kangertech dripbox 60w with the squonker for the only reason that you don't have to drip juice and that the clouds and taste is what I am looking for!

Here is the catch what can I get for nothing more than R1200 or what would you recomened?

If you can wait a while the Dripbox 160W is soon to be released and should come in quite a bit under R1200. Did a quick look and it's on preorder and will only ship June 5th. If you want PM me and I'll send you a link bud.

Good day vapers

The nice thing is the dripbox is well priced, so you can get the device, battery, and a few juices to boot. But it doesn't allow for you to deviate too much from the 0.2ohm coils, so your experimentations will be limited. Another potential option is the Pico, it comes in at a really reasonable price, and then you have the option to put a dripper OR a tank on top of that to mess around with.

If you can wait a while the Dripbox 160W is soon to be released and should come in quite a bit under R1200. Did a quick look and it's on preorder and will only ship June 5th. If you want PM me and I'll send you a link bud.
The thing is I can get the 60w for R700 + R200 for battery!! I guess the 160w is going to use 2 batteries!! Thanks for your advice I have sent pm ! I guess the 160w will probably be worth the money?

The nice thing is the dripbox is well priced, so you can get the device, battery, and a few juices to boot. But it doesn't allow for you to deviate too much from the 0.2ohm coils, so your experimentations will be limited. Another potential option is the Pico, it comes in at a really reasonable price, and then you have the option to put a dripper OR a tank on top of that to mess around with.
With my budget I can get a lot of goodies if I go for the dripbox! The only problem like you said is that I will be limited to 0.2 ohm !! Any advice on mech mod?

With my budget I can get a lot of goodies if I go for the dripbox! The only problem like you said is that I will be limited to 0.2 ohm !! Any advice on mech mod?
I'm too chicken **** to recommend a mech mod to anybody! ;)

The thing is I can get the 60w for R700 + R200 for battery!! I guess the 160w is going to use 2 batteries!! Thanks for your advice I have sent pm ! I guess the 160w will probably be worth the money?
The Dripbox 160W will definitely be worth it. It's a regulated squonker and the Dual battery means it will last longer than the standard dripbox.
Give me a few minutes and I'll send you a link. The 160W should work out to around R800 excluding customs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Dripbox 160W will definitely be worth it. It's a regulated squonker and the Dual battery means it will last longer than the standard dripbox.
Give me a few minutes and I'll send you a link. The 160W should work out to around R800 excluding customs.

Cool thanks a lot Greyz

Any advice on mech mods?

Hello mate, I am not an expert and other forumites may disagree, but if you are just starting out I would suggest you leave the mechs for further along your journey, and stick to the regulated devices at moment.

Hello mate, I am not an expert and other forumites may disagree, but if you are just starting out I would suggest you leave the mechs for further along your journey, and stick to the regulated devices at moment.

I agree with you that's why I am asking for advice! Can you recommended a regulated mod?

Any other recommendations? :)
Honestly if I had R1200 I would go with:

Pico + Samsung 25R 18650 + Crius (at Vapeclub this will come in R10 over budget excluding shipping), but this way it is all from one vendor, and you have three reliable options there!

Honestly if I had R1200 I would go with:

Pico + Samsung 25R 18650 + Crius (at Vapeclub this will come in R10 over budget excluding shipping), but this way it is all from one vendor, and you have three reliable options there!
Thanks for your help I'll have a look at the pico :)

Thanks Neal I am keen on waiting for the 160 !! I guess I just have to stretch my budget a bit to make it worth a while!

I agree with you that's why I am asking for advice! Can you recommended a regulated mod?
Can't add much to what the guys have already suggested, why not pop into a vendor. You will find their advice worthwhile and also get a feel for what is available. My 2c would be 160 dripbox.

Any one had experience with Kbox 120 I saw vape club have it on special for 550

Can't add much to what the guys have already suggested, why not pop into a vendor. You will find their advice worthwhile and also get a feel for what is available. My 2c would be 160 dripbox.
Thanks a lot appreciate all of your advice

Any one had experience with Kbox 120 I saw vape club have it on special for 550
I have the 200W version (and from what I can tell they are pretty much identical apart from the output) and I love it. Beautiful form factor and really easy to use. I actually would have recommended that before the Pico, but buying 2 batteries would complicate your budget a bit.

Any advice on mech mods?

If you want to go the mech route get a single battery mech like the SMPL or the FUhattan. I had both and now I only have the FUhattan, the SMPL I pif'd to a mate that really derserved it. Single battery is far safer than a series fed Noisy Cricket.

I build my coils at 0.3-0.4ohms which gets FUhattan pushing out between 50-60W - which is a nice warm vape similar to what the Dripbox pushes out.

Important points to remember is your build, always build your coils with a 10-20% draw buffer ie. if the battery is rated 20A then try not to draw more than 16-18A. Because the mod is mechanical it's governed by Ohm's law and you have to keep that in mind when building coils. The lower the build the higher the drain/load placed on the battery. I would suggest getting good batteries which can handle at least 20A continuous draw.
I use this http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator site to check my build.
Basically enter in the coils resistance and the battery level in volts (4.2v for a full batt and 3.7 nominal)

Using the Samsung 25R @ 4.2v and a coil at 0.3ohms will output 59W with a max draw of 14A.
This build is safe as I'm only drawing 14A and the battery can handle 20A continousl draw.

Important to note that just dropping the coil down to 0.2ohms leaves you in a terribly dangerous situation.
@ 0.2ohm and 4.2v the output is 88W wth 21A draw. This draw is higher than the battery can handle and can lead to the battery exploding in your hand!

I have an RX200 with a few drippers but I just love the vape I get when using a dripper on the FUhattan. It just feels right in the hand and has a "coolness" factor to it. Plus all the lyties are star struck by the copper and carbon fibre look :p

Thanks Neal I am keen on waiting for the 160 !! I guess I just have to stretch my budget a bit to make it worth a while!

Did you get my PM? No need to stretch nothing when you will get it for less than $50 including shipping :D

If you want to go the mech route get a single battery mech like the SMPL or the FUhattan. I had both and now I only have the FUhattan, the SMPL I pif'd to a mate that really derserved it. Single battery is far safer than a series fed Noisy Cricket.

I build my coils at 0.3-0.4ohms which gets FUhattan pushing out between 50-60W - which is a nice warm vape similar to what the Dripbox pushes out.

Important points to remember is your build, always build your coils with a 10-20% draw buffer ie. if the battery is rated 20A then try not to draw more than 16-18A. Because the mod is mechanical it's governed by Ohm's law and you have to keep that in mind when building coils. The lower the build the higher the drain/load placed on the battery. I would suggest getting good batteries which can handle at least 20A continuous draw.
I use this http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator site to check my build.
Basically enter in the coils resistance and the battery level in volts (4.2v for a full batt and 3.7 nominal)

Using the Samsung 25R @ 4.2v and a coil at 0.3ohms will output 59W with a max draw of 14A.
This build is safe as I'm only drawing 14A and the battery can handle 20A continousl draw.

Important to note that just dropping the coil down to 0.2ohms leaves you in a terribly dangerous situation.
@ 0.2ohm and 4.2v the output is 88W wth 21A draw. This draw is higher than the battery can handle and can lead to the battery exploding in your hand!

I have an RX200 with a few drippers but I just love the vape I get when using a dripper on the FUhattan. It just feels right in the hand and has a "coolness" factor to it. Plus all the lyties are star struck by the copper and carbon fibre look :p

Thanks a lot though!! I wish it was easier to choose what to get since there is so many great devices on the market!!I think for a start i must go for a regulated mod just to get into things and take it from there!!

Back