Group Buy - The Rose v2 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @x56696e9b

You will be the nr 5 if you join. I will let this run till the end of the month and we all decide what we do.

$28 For a order of five, including Speed Post from Hong Kong, then when they get here we just decide what will be the best to ship them to the ppl

and the stumpy kit?
when it get here, it probably takes another 100 to use Berco or something... sot it round about 420 a piece...

I am not gona lie to you, I am not so keen as I am in Asia right now, and even though it is more expensive if I buy one (probably not same supplier), but the delivery is cheaper, not $35. so it boils down to about 370.

what I propose is, lets get the best of the two worlds, but at a small cost, not that I am gona cost you, but to prevent the bloody SARS cost you.

If you can give me the contact and let me get the items, then, they can send to me, which means the cost will be cheaper, and then~ I bring it back to RSA with me.

but here is the catch... the SARS dude is gona want to put VAT on it, or import duties. so I would get ride of the box (or at least flatten them and put in some where not easy to find) and put the tanks in the pocket where my computer cables are. and as my laptop went through the SARS already when I come out, they will not check again when I show them that paper. BUT~~~ if I get caught with hand in cookie jar, then ppl will have to pay that dutie (I will have prove of what duties I paid because SARS will print out receipt for payment)

but your calculation of 28 dollars should already have duties included right? because SAPO will always charge when ever they can...

and then either way the box is gona be flat... or destroyed.

and if above is the case, then it will be with me in Sandton, which means you will have to pay a courier charge. so after calculation it might not be worthwhile for you.

so please think about it, and let me know. If you want me to bring it for you, then you have to order by monday the latest so it can get here before I leave

Hi.

The power is out here so I can't really communicate like I wanted to. I will have to talk to the ppl in the group buy, I was thinking to have them send to someone in a major city because courier cost from here, out lying area, is allot more. Will get back to you. Tx for the offer

SAPO is killing this group buy. I was counting on the Overnight with them, to get a courier here will make this rather expensive because i am in an out lying area as they put it. So what do you ppl want to do? I can get a price from Internet Express, i can also try Postnet or we can wait for SAPO to stop it's dancing around?

@kimbo anything up to R100 for local delivery will be great, also I'm not stressed about overnight delivery, if you can find a courier that offers an economy option (usually 3 - 5 days) for less that would be super.

and the stumpy kit?
when it get here, it probably takes another 100 to use Berco or something... sot it round about 420 a piece...

I am not gona lie to you, I am not so keen as I am in Asia right now, and even though it is more expensive if I buy one (probably not same supplier), but the delivery is cheaper, not $35. so it boils down to about 370.

what I propose is, lets get the best of the two worlds, but at a small cost, not that I am gona cost you, but to prevent the bloody SARS cost you.

If you can give me the contact and let me get the items, then, they can send to me, which means the cost will be cheaper, and then~ I bring it back to RSA with me.

but here is the catch... the SARS dude is gona want to put VAT on it, or import duties. so I would get ride of the box (or at least flatten them and put in some where not easy to find) and put the tanks in the pocket where my computer cables are. and as my laptop went through the SARS already when I come out, they will not check again when I show them that paper. BUT~~~ if I get caught with hand in cookie jar, then ppl will have to pay that dutie (I will have prove of what duties I paid because SARS will print out receipt for payment)

but your calculation of 28 dollars should already have duties included right? because SAPO will always charge when ever they can...

and then either way the box is gona be flat... or destroyed.

and if above is the case, then it will be with me in Sandton, which means you will have to pay a courier charge. so after calculation it might not be worthwhile for you.

so please think about it, and let me know. If you want me to bring it for you, then you have to order by monday the latest so it can get here before I leave
Thanks for your generous offer to help out but that sounds like a lot of burning hoops to jump through to save relatively little, don't stress about us bud but do try and grab yourself one of these while you're there, it looks like an amazing little gadget :)

oh yes, @kimbo, I'd really like a stumpy kit with mine. Are there any other accessories for this atty that we don't know about?

im also curious? i want the stumpy kit to please.

As far as i know these are only being ordered at the end of the month?

Morning

As far as i know the stumpy kit is MOQ of 10 but i will ask if they can place 5 in with the order and how will it affect the price.

As for accessories, you saw that the building block come stand will be there, also he told me that they ship now with that little lever thing
i will see if i get a youtube vid that shows that

At 10:30 he used the rod

I also ask them to ad in one extra 510 screw in the spares pack because that thing is very small and if you loose that you kinda screwed (excuse the pun)

That stand come building block is quite heavy, i will get a pic up just now with the weight.

20140929_070323.jpg

Just about half the shipping weight

Last edited:
@kimbo, yes there is one here but I prefer door to door over postnet, but again that would depend on the cost

just one other question, is it possible to just get the stump kit?

I can get it, the min order is ten units, but i will ask them to pack with the order for us, and what will the price with it be

Hi

I am just waiting for quotations from local couriers then we can get the ball rolling

Regarding the stumpy kit, i am not sure if the language barrier got between us last time or what but he showed me now the price is $9

So the price for one unit plus stumpy is $20 + 9 = $29

$29 x 5 $145
$145 + $43 shipping = $188

It looks like you get the smaller SS and plastic tank so the shipping is a bit more

Stumpy.JPG

$188 / 5 people = $37.6

37.6 US Dollar equals
425.06 South African Rand (according to google)

Sorry i should have made sure of the price before i told you ppl. :(

So i dont know if you want to revert back to just the atty

Last edited:
Wow... sorry I have to back out on the stumpy kit too..

sorry man! but the price is just a bit more than what was posted, and the new price is not that friendly anymore.

Wow... sorry I have to back out on the stumpy kit too..

sorry man! but the price is just a bit more than what was posted, and the new price is not that friendly anymore.

I understand, and sorry again for my newbi mistake. It is my first group buy but next time i will make very sure of the price

OK .. I am in talks with courier company now, the rates looks good. I will make sure of everything before i post a price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back