Hosh Tokolosh/rhino V1 For Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as this F#@$ Telkom line is sorted I would be able to respond quicker

Some feedback from the machinist I mentioned previously. He reckons that the design looks fine for CNC (not ideal for manual machining though) but doesn't seem to like the idea of wasting all that metal to make a box. He says that you should also consider having the individual sides of the 'box' cut probably by waterjet (and machined where necessary) and then have a certified welder put the sides together.
I was somewhat surprised by his suggestion and argued that welding would not be a very attractive option but he says a pro welder will do it .. beautifully. Also the welds would all be inside the box. The welder would build a jig to perfectly align the parts before welding and once the jig is finished would be able to weld up dozens of these in no time.

Odd idea but maybe something to consider.

Some feedback from the machinist I mentioned previously. He reckons that the design looks fine for CNC (not ideal for manual machining though) but doesn't seem to like the idea of wasting all that metal to make a box. He says that you should also consider having the individual sides of the 'box' cut probably by waterjet (and machined where necessary) and then have a certified welder put the sides together.
I was somewhat surprised by his suggestion and argued that welding would not be a very attractive option but he says a pro welder will do it .. beautifully. Also the welds would all be inside the box. The welder would build a jig to perfectly align the parts before welding and once the jig is finished would be able to weld up dozens of these in no time.

Odd idea but maybe something to consider.
Thank you for the trouble. That is valuable feedback.

Can i please get pm the addresses where i need to post the 3d print. Finally should be in my hand tuesday. Sorry for the delay but you know how it people are , 2000 project at once and get lost in the making .
I will have the first proto for @TylerD and the 3 finished version for @TylerD and the other 2 representative .

Can i please get pm the addresses where i need to post the 3d print. Finally should be in my hand tuesday. Sorry for the delay but you know how it people are , 2000 project at once and get lost in the making .
I will have the first proto for @TylerD and the 3 finished version for @TylerD and the other 2 representative .
Awesome! Thank you so much @andro ! Can't wait! I will PM you now.

Beware of the kick! ... oops I think this slogan is taken already :rolleyes:

Maybe time to consider the Yihicigar sx350. I see they even are offering a bypass mode which will allow the mod to operate like a true mech. Pity about the gravity sensor thing though.

The Chinese DNA 30W Hana clone guys are also offering their electronic chip for $24.9 at 10 units .. if this actually plays out Evolv will be out of business by the end of the year me thinks ..

Thanks @JakesSA , we had a look at various available 30W units, even the Zeneca from Korea, but none compared favourably to, or on par with the DNA30, and the decision was made to stick with same for the Rhino.

That's fair enough. The fact that Evolv never seem to have any stock I regard as a personal insult, I wanted my Rhino yesterday already! Keep up the good work guys! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back