I Also Love Dogs

Lets see if this link works

My kiddo turned 1 on the 25th. He has been my hero, saviour, drive me insane, love me to bits, cuddle bug (well when he wants to) and bubble chaser of note :D

Meet Saskia.
Born: 09/08/2016 -
Current Age: 8 months
Love this little Pitbull to death! She's so playful though. That scares many people. They're always thinking she wants to attack but all she wants to do is jump on you and lick your face! :facepalm:

FB_IMG_1492684841764.jpg
FB_IMG_1492684865434.jpg
img1492685362151.jpg

Last edited:
33839d80c4e113c1c0bd34c798a59ebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good thread. It reminds us that sometimes, we neglect our beloved dogs.
Or maybe it was just me. I started spending more time with mine ever since I found this thread.
With that being said, there are so many stories about people eventually losing their pets for whatever reason. This prompted me to download Marley and Me over the weekend and had the kids watch it. They now know that the dog they know now as a puppy, will, one day, die. This made them appreciate the dog even more and they are now spending more time with her.
Great thread!

This is a good thread. It reminds us that sometimes, we neglect our beloved dogs.
Or maybe it was just me. I started spending more time with mine ever since I found this thread.
With that being said, there are so many stories about people eventually losing their pets for whatever reason. This prompted me to download Marley and Me over the weekend and had the kids watch it. They now know that the dog they know now as a puppy, will, one day, die. This made them appreciate the dog even more and they are now spending more time with her.
Great thread!

The sad truth,even though I spend a lot of time with my dogs,it just makes this reality even more harsh,once you have a working dog bond with you and seeing that dog do anything for you,it becomes an important part of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sausage, you can see the mark above her eye where the rinkhals bit her, I have two matching scars on my ankle from where I got bit.

forum.jpg

My sausage, you can see the mark above her eye where the rinkhals bit her, I have two matching scars on my ankle from where I got bit.

View attachment 92605
Mate, pleased she is ok (and yourself of course). I am busy trying to remove a snouted cobra that spat at me and dogs a couple of days ago. I do not believe in killing snakes so wish me luck.

Mate, pleased she is ok (and yourself of course). I am busy trying to remove a snouted cobra that spat at me and dogs a couple of days ago. I do not believe in killing snakes so wish me luck.

Thanks man, I'm lucky it only got one fang in to her, got to the vet just in time, she died but they managed to resus' her upon which she promptly bit the nurse x) she reacted well to the anti-venom. Def' wishing you luck a snouted is a tad more dangerous than rhinkhals. I also don't believe in killing them.

Latest addition to the mad house.Here he is 6 weeks old is Mulsanne.
Now he has to fly from Romania.
20032124_1404958149559245_4696043700932916246_n.jpg

SA Bureaucracy strikes again!
So my new dog after flying from Bucharest via Amsterdam finally landed at OR Tambo at 21.20 on Thursday night.
First off a State Vet one of whom should be on duty 24/7 wasn't answering her cellphone (not the first time apparently) - upshot being absolutely no animals from anywhere allowed into SA via OR Tambo.My puppy has to remain at the airport in the freight forwarders office overnight.
Thursday morning - Finally a State vet shows up just before 9am (now too late to clear the pup for an onward flight) and inspects all the documentation and medication and believe me theres lots of it.
One of the tests carried out by the lab in Bucharest which is Internationally recognised and more accurate than one done locally doesn't float her boat (the disease in question is not even present in Romania,so the puppy can't be positive anyway) nor her boss for that matter.So my dog is taken off to quarantine where he will stay until Monday when they can take a blood test the results of which only come back on Friday and then he can be released.Yours truly having to pay thru his arse for this and missed flights and clearing etc etc.
Even the puppy is pissed off!!
1st SA copy.jpg

SA Bureaucracy strikes again!
So my new dog after flying from Bucharest via Amsterdam finally landed at OR Tambo at 21.20 on Thursday night.
First off a State Vet one of whom should be on duty 24/7 wasn't answering her cellphone (not the first time apparently) - upshot being absolutely no animals from anywhere allowed into SA via OR Tambo.My puppy has to remain at the airport in the freight forwarders office overnight.
Thursday morning - Finally a State vet shows up just before 9am (now too late to clear the pup for an onward flight) and inspects all the documentation and medication and believe me theres lots of it.
One of the tests carried out by the lab in Bucharest which is Internationally recognised and more accurate than one done locally doesn't float her boat (the disease in question is not even present in Romania,so the puppy can't be positive anyway) nor her boss for that matter.So my dog is taken off to quarantine where he will stay until Monday when they can take a blood test the results of which only come back on Friday and then he can be released.Yours truly having to pay thru his arse for this and missed flights and clearing etc etc.
Even the puppy is pissed off!!
View attachment 104906

Sorry to hear this mate, hope everything gets sorted out asap. Beautiful dog by the way.

d16128b3-8b8d-4636-9e9f-0c4df5c1b2ed.jpg
Wanted to share my best friend Bran the Australian Cattle dog. In the background is his sister Ashe being camera-shy

So while everybody was at Vapecon enjoying themselves I managed to pick up my puppy after his long journey from Romania.Someone at DAFF (read DOFF) finally managed to use the thing between their ears for something other than a spacer to stop sunglasses falling off said ears:-@
Heres my families 3rd 4 legged protection unit on his first early morning walk.
IMG_2412.jpg

Back