I love you guys but seriously? This is pushing it all the way to the top

Says the one who posted this dumb shit, guess we both morons hey.. why not make a post about the 7k mods some vendors are selling? And then how expensive Romany creams are these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just didn't see ANY indication of him attacking the vendor. No need to stir more kak than is needed

Get over it mate.
Sounds like you are taking a stab at the vendor?
Either buy it or don't? If you have any experience with these types of coils, you would know the time it takes to make them, not to mention the amount of high end quality wire that is used.

@BillW If you read and understood the tone of my post you will observe that I am not taking a stab at Sir Vape. (The vendor) I buy all my vape gear there, I always support them and sing their praises as I work a few kilometres away from them. As much as it is a free market, I am entitled to express my opinion on this forum. The thrust of my post is where are we heading when we can now buy 2 coils for R120?

Have you never in your life once claimed that something is too expensive?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a coil builder, and I know the creator of these coils. He ONLY uses Twisted messes wire that NO ONE in SA wants to sell for cheaper than FULL retail. And 500ft is almost R500.
Then you have the packaging and the labels, then you have a day job and you can ONLY build coils at night so you don't spend any time with your family, then you need to coil them all, package them and courier it.
Anyone can make a fused clapton apparently and it will NOT cost you much but we DO NOT use cheap wire or cheap products to make these coils and if you can make it cheaper, do it!
Everything in life has a price and a buyer if you don't want to pay the price then you are not the right buyer.
People have the tendency to think there is no labor involved in coil making but in actual fact it requires concentration and actual hands to make these coils not to talk about the tools involved.
Like someone else said there is coil makers selling some coils for almost R300 a set and that is their price, Pay it or you don`t vape it! Or build it yourself.
ANY Coil builder started as a passionate vaper that wanted to best flavor and the most exotic builds and shared photos and people wanted it, know matter the price.
This is just my opinion!

@BillW For starters, I am not "Under it" - "mate"... so get off your high horse. If you read and understood the tone of my post you will observe that I am not taking a stab at Sir Vape. (The vendor) I buy all my vape gear there, I always support them and sing their praises as I work a few kilometres away from them. As much as it is a free market, I am entitled to express my opinion on this forum. The thrust of my post is where are we heading when we can now buy 2 coils for R120?

Have you never in your life once claimed that something is too expensive?
There have been people selling coils at more than double this price and people were buying. This is reasonable.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hi guys

While I certainly appreciate the passion about the topic at hand and the enthusiasm of your opinions on the matter, please can I draw everyone's attention to one of ECIGSSA's posting rules - which says you must not get personal.

Several posts above have been edited or removed. Please refrain from becoming personal or calling people names etc. It only makes yourself (and the forum) look bad.

If you haven't read the rules or need a refresher, I suggest you go read them again:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-forum-posting-rules.t5319/

Thanks

My 2c: When I read the OP I did not get the impression he was knocking the vendor, he was merely expressing his own opinion and made that clear.
Pre-made coils of this nature are not cheap but as stated we have the choice of not buying them.
Yeah, for example a R7k stab wood mod is also expensive but it all depends on what YOUR budget allows and what YOUR perception of said item's value is.
As a side, I held and fondled a R7k mod not too long ago and was so tempted, but once I factored in the cost of a divorce I decided not to go ahead.
So IMHO, at the end of the day it's all about affordability and personal perceptions of value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately
http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/coil-empire-premium-fused-claptons

I buy 99% of my vaping gear from Sir Vape, and I have never skimped. I support them all the way. But seriously, R120 for two coils in a fancy little bottle? Let's get real. But this is not directed at Sir Vape.

It tells me one thing. With the vaping market reaching a massive peak in sales, an explosion of new products, and innovative ideas, people are thinking up novel ways to crack it quick, big and easy. But some manufacturers are just jumping too fast on the bandwagon. Worse are those who fall for it.

Waine I have a set for you for FREE. Pop into the shop and try them out and you will see why these are possible one of the best set of coils I have ever used hence the price of R120. R60 for a professional made coil is giveaway mate and if you maintain them they will last you ages . I think vapers in SA need to start realising what it takes to start, build and maintain a brand. It takes capital and most of the serious guys that are offering juices and products at international level are not ripping you off or making a fortune as some think. It's about the passion and offering people the best quality items at competitive pricing.

I do hear you though there are some people out there jumping on the bandwagon but hey it's going to happen. My suggestion is do your homework on a product before bashing it and see what actually goes into it first. It's not as simple as hey I got a coil or a juice, slap a label and BOOM!!! I have a product. Much more goes into it if the person is serious about it and making ones money back takes time (if we want to talk about the profit thing as everyone seems to be harping on about). I wish it was as easy as that but in saying that I personally haven't or wouldn't release a product that I don't care about. I sometimes break even on items just to know I have given people what they have been looking for because at the end of the day the buzz I get means more to me than the money. I can stand proud next to something i have created and know that people are loving it. Just my two cents worth :)

Lately

Waine I have a set for you for FREE. Pop into the shop and try them out and you will see why these are possible one of the best set of coils I have ever used hence the price of R120. R60 for a professional made coil is giveaway mate and if you maintain them they will last you ages . I think vapers in SA need to start realising what it takes to start, build and maintain a brand. It takes capital and most of the serious guys that are offering juices and products at international level are not ripping you off or making a fortune as some think. It's about the passion and offering people the best quality items at competitive pricing.

I do hear you though there are some people out there jumping on the bandwagon but hey it's going to happen. My suggestion is do your homework on a product before bashing it and see what actually goes into it first. It's not as simple as hey I got a coil or a juice, slap a label and BOOM!!! I have a product. Much more goes into it if the person is serious about it and making ones money back takes time (if we want to talk about the profit thing as everyone seems to be harping on about). I wish it was as easy as that but in saying that I personally haven't or wouldn't release a product that I don't care about. I sometimes break even on items just to know I have given people what they have been looking for because at the end of the day the buzz I get means more to me than the money. I can stand proud next to something i have created and know that people are loving it. Just my two cents worth :)

Awesome response . I have a pair of these coils in my Rta i use everyday(My work horse) for two months now and they still look brand new and work if they are still new.

R120 is nothing for a pair of Fused Claptons made out of Top Quality Twisted Messes Wire.

@Waine take Sirvape up on his offer and I promise you, you will come back and tell us you understand now why.

My 2c: When I read the OP I did not get the impression he was knocking the vendor, he was merely expressing his own opinion and made that clear.
Pre-made coils of this nature are not cheap but as stated we have the choice of not buying them.
Yeah, for example a R7k stab wood mod is also expensive but it all depends on what YOUR budget allows and what YOUR perception of said item's value is.
As a side, I held and fondled a R7k mod not too long ago and was so tempted, but once I factored in the cost of a divorce I decided not to go ahead.
So IMHO, at the end of the day it's all about affordability and personal perceptions of value.
Well said... if you can afford it buy it and if not look for something cheaper and THAT is the bottom line

This topic is possibly the most spoke about topic that you would not find on most threads and that is that people expect top quality products, whether it be new or used vape goods or in this case quality hand made coils, at a ridiculously low price. We all have had the experience in selling a mod you paid R1000 for at R700 and then getting offers of R300.

Yes there are other similar quality mods, coils, attys and also juices that you could purchase for cheap... But at the end of they day you have to decide what you are comfortable with paying for what you want. If you are happy with the cheaper option (not saying cheap is bad) and it works for you, happy days! I myself have bought lots of clone attys and they have surprised me very much and in some cases you can barely tell the difference between the authentic and the clone.

I also went to market recently with my coils and there is a lot of time, effort and especially love for the community and vaping in its entirety that goes into making a quality product that you can be happy with to associate your name with it, because if it bombs so do you.

There is a market for everything and everyone.... As the saying goes "never judge a person unless you have walked a mile in their shoes" the same can be applied here. Don't knock people or products until you have seen what goes into it or tried it yourself.

Almal soek 'n plekkie in die son... And the earth is big enough to accommodate them all!

Happy vaping everyone! Put a smile on that dial and support your local vendors whether they are just getting off their feet or are on their way to take over the world, we all started somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

I get it. According to some forum members, as consumers, we must just accept the prices of everything we buy. We may not express our opinions incase we tread on tender feet. If any "Experienced Vaper" with a reputation on this forum says something is great, we must just believe it, fall in and follow the trend.

@SirVape thanks for the offer, but there is no way I will try 2 coils for R120 no matter what special wire was used and how many hours it took the guy to make them, just to be convinced that they are so good to justify R 120. Some of my own home made coils with your reasonably priced wire last me over a month and perform superbly.

I have always found your products very reasonably priced, and of excellent quality. I write reviews on your site, and have no hesitation spending between 3000 to 4000 on average, a month at your shop, I don't skimp. I don't "product bash".

Some DIY users knock the TFA concentrates you sell, I don't, I find them satisfying. I believe I am objective in my criticism and not vindictive.

But thanks for the offer, and you will always have my support.

Please allow me to go a bit off the topic here. Trying to find out what is the ID of those coils? Not shown on the site as far as I could see.

I sometimes eat a meal at an expensive restaurant that I know I can make (something similar) at home with the right ingredients.
But I don't need to go to the shop, get the right ingredients and tools needed, learn how to make it, prepare the meal, serve it myself and do the dishes.

For some, it's just easier to buy a great meal and go to bed early :)

R60 for 3inches of wire? Should start making them out of gold, probably work out cheaper.
Work out how much wire is in that one coil......
I remeber paying R50 or something for a meter of 28g kanthal a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Not really appropriate on Sirvape's sub-forum, but I have to agree with @Waine
Take for instance wire and cotton. I recently bougjt Cotton Bacon V2 at R81 for a standard 10g pack and UD wire at R40 for 10m from FT. Now check local prices on average in SA from different vendors. +/- R140 for CB V2 and +/- R150 for 10m UD wire. That's 100% mark-up on cotton and 150% mark-up on wire. Surely vendors get stuff at wholesale pricing. How can FT sell for these prices and still make a profit, while our vendors mark everything up sky-high? I have bought enough wire to build a small electric fence without breaking the bank. I only order locally if I want it NOW. Otherwise I import. DIY ingredients is different. Two great vendors have exceptional pricing, while some others make you feel like you're paying off their sports cars.

I get it. According to some forum members, as consumers, we must just accept the prices of everything we buy.

This does not in any way negate your right to having an opinion on things, as I do feel as though some of the responses to your post so far have been a bit dubious, but...
...you're not buying these coils, so stop letting it stress you out, just about every consumer product has its production cost with it's profit partly consisting of perceived worth, people will pay what they are willing to pay and a manufacturer will soon learn how willing they are to part with their disposable income. If you're more "intelligent" with your cash, good for you, don't get an ulcer over other people's spending habits, buy more of what you see as being worthwhile and live a longer life.

@Waine and others, purely out of interest would you be willing to pay for locally made coils?

Note I am not a commercial coil builder and have zero interest in becoming one.

Lately

I think those Minikin V2's are far too expensive... :D

Sent from my HUAWEI Y221-U22 using Tapatalk

This does not in any way negate your right to having an opinion on things, as I do feel as though some of the responses to your post so far have been a bit dubious, but...
...you're not buying these coils, so stop letting it stress you out, just about every consumer product has its production cost with it's profit partly consisting of perceived worth, people will pay what they are willing to pay and a manufacturer will soon learn how willing they are to part with their disposable income. If you're more "intelligent" with your cash, good for you, don't get an ulcer over other people's spending habits, buy more of what you see as being worthwhile and live a longer life.

@FeliksKarp Its not the first time you feel some of my posts are "a bit dubious". Why do you say this is "stressing me out"? and "don't get an 'ulcer' over other peoples spending habits"? No need to be abrasive. Have you observed your previous "stressed out" posts? Is it not part of the experience on this forum to express opinions and to engage in constructive dialogue. Sure, I will admit, my last sentence in my original post: "...And those who fall for it" was a bit uncalled for. So I take that back. But I still stick with my opinion.

@FeliksKarp Its not the first time you feel some of my posts are "a bit dubious". Why do you say this is "stressing me out"? and "don't get an 'ulcer' over other peoples spending habits"? No need to be abrasive. Have you observed your previous "stressed out" posts? Is it not part of the experience on this forum to express opinions and to engage in constructive dialogue. Sure, I will admit, my last sentence in my original post: "...And those who fall for it" was a bit uncalled for. So I take that back. But I still stick with my opinion.
@Waine take a step back and re-read what I wrote. I said that some of the responses to your post were dubious. ie. some people were giving you alot of crap for having an opinion. I wanted to state that I am not doing the same, but that I think you shouldn't let it bother you so much...

Back