If you were going to buy an RTA...

DrDodge

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Simple question to guide my browsing of new hardware. If you had to buy an RTA today, what would you choose and why?
Let me know your thoughts.

I like single coil RTA's so therefore I would go for something like the Kylin Mini (Haven't tried it out as yet) or the Pharaoh Mini (Tested it and still use it). The reason the Kylin Mini gets a spot here is because of the new airflow design which seems like it has a lot of potential to be an excellent single coil RTA. You should be seeing more of this Kylin Mini soon. @Sir Vape Did a YouTube review/impressions of it on Monday. ( )

I like single coil RTA's so therefore I would go for something like the Kylin Mini (Haven't tried it out as yet) or the Pharaoh Mini (Tested it and still use it). The reason the Kylin Mini gets a spot here is because of the new airflow design which seems like it has a lot of potential to be an excellent single coil RTA. You should be seeing more of this Kylin Mini soon. @Sir Vape Did a YouTube review/impressions of it on Monday. ( )

I did see this, the airflow looks awesome. I have never vaped with a single coil RTA, may I ask why you prefer it?

I have a probably irrational need for a gold Manta with the bubble glass, just because of how pretty it is.

Being a flavour chaser I own the following RTAs (among others but listing only the ones which give the best flavour):
Serpent Mini 25 (single coil)
Geekvape Zeus (single coil)
Advken Manta (dual coil)
Reload Vapor USA Reload (dual coil)

Of the above, the one I use on a daily basis is the Manta. In my humble opinion it is almost on par with the Reload, flavour-wise, at basically half the price. Yes, it does have leaking issues but if you wick it right and close the air holes before you fill it and open it only once you've screwed the top back on, you cut out 95% of the leaking problems. It is very easy to build on and has seriously good flavour.

After I bought the Manta I actually stopped shopping around for new RTA's, until then I was always chasing the next best flavour RTA. I bought the Reload after I got the Manta, but it was because it was give extremely good ratings by all reviewers, deservedly so, but also I got it at R600 versus the normal price of R1100, so who in their right mind would say not to that?! That being said, I still use my Manta and I'm loving it.

As for the rest, the Serpent Mini 25 is also very good and this used to be my goto RTA for a long while. I got the Zeus after the Serpent and found myself drawn back to the Serpent more often than not. Until the Manta...

Last edited:
Being a flavour chaser I own the following RTAs (among others but listing only the ones which give the best flavour):
Geekvape Zeus (dual coil)
Advken Manta (dual coil)

Of the above, the one I use on a daily basis is the Manta. In my humble opinion it is almost on par with the Reload, flavour-wise, at basically half the price. Yes, it does have leaking issues but if you wick it right and close the air holes before you fill it and open it only once you've screwed the top back on, you cut out 95% of the leaking problems. It is very easy to build on and has seriously good flavour.

After I bought the Manta I actually stopped shopping around for new RTA's, until then I was always chasing the next best flavour RTA. I bought the Reload after I got the Manta, but it was because it was give extremely good ratings by all reviewers, deservedly so, but also I got it at R600 versus the normal price of R1100, so who in their right mind would say not to that?! That being said, I still use my Manta and I'm loving it.

That being said, the Serpent Mini 25 is also very good and this used to be my goto RTA for a long while. I got the Zeus after the Serpent and found myself drawn back to the Serpent more often than not. Until the Manta...

fully agree on the above RTAS, I have all 4 as well, just brilliant

Skyline or its clone. Flavour for days, easy to operate, no leaking or moisture.

Geekvape Zeus (dual coil)
Advken Manta (dual coil)

As for the rest, the Serpent Mini 25 is also very good and this used to be my goto RTA for a long while. I got the Zeus after the Serpent and found myself drawn back to the Serpent more often than not. Until the Manta...

I am glad to hear that. To be honest, as it stands without any input from you guys I would have gone with the Manta. I have yet to heard about the leaking issues (but I guess pro's outweigh the cons) but I have been told the flavour is unbelievable.

I did see this, the airflow looks awesome. I have never vaped with a single coil RTA, may I ask why you prefer it?
For fruit, menthols, ice flavors, i much prefer single coil RTA's because they aren't too intense and the flavor is good. Juice consumption with a single coil RTA is also lower than that of a tri-coil or dual coil.

If I'm using desserts I prefer dual coil RTA's as these provide a much more intense and warmer vape. For dual coil RTA's I would suggest the Blitzen, Manta, Wake, Reload.

Vandy vape Kylin rta. It can do single and double coils. Contrary to the usual feedback of leaking, mine never leaked and is my favourite daily use tank

Skyline or its clone. Flavour for days, easy to operate, no leaking or moisture.
Agreed x10

Unless you consider the Exocet as an RTA ... then Exocet all the way :p

I am glad to hear that. To be honest, as it stands without any input from you guys I would have gone with the Manta. I have yet to heard about the leaking issues (but I guess pro's outweigh the cons) but I have been told the flavour is unbelievable.
Zeus is single coil isnt it?

You've vaped my OBS single coil before. Though it was New Years so I forgive you for the memory lapse ;)

I'm going to pick up a Zeus. No leak is just too much of a win to consider any bottom airflow tanks. And as everyone suggested everyone is raving about it.

Based on my experience with the original Kylin, I could never recommend the mini.

I just wish there was a dual coil Zeus - but you can build big so it's all good.

Simple question to guide my browsing of new hardware. If you had to buy an RTA today, what would you choose and why?
Let me know your thoughts.

If it was me i would forget the idea:p of and rta:confused: and get myself a gloom:inlove: and a wasp rda:D with the right coil configuration in (@smilelykumeenit coiled:headbang: my wasp) and i am a super happy vaper today.

I might just have reached vape nirvana:winnerwinner:

Last edited:
You've vaped my OBS single coil before. Though it was New Years so I forgive you for the memory lapse ;)

I'm going to pick up a Zeus. No leak is just too much of a win to consider any bottom airflow tanks. And as everyone suggested everyone is raving about it.

Based on my experience with the original Kylin, I could never recommend the mini.

I just wish there was a dual coil Zeus - but you can build big so it's all good.
Haha I dont even remember vaping on new years! Never mind the atty it was from :rofl:

Back