If you were going to buy an RTA...

I retract my statement.

Picked up a Zeus. It's not even close to comparable to my OBS nano.

If I can't get good flavour out of it with a few more builds it'll be for sale.

I retract my statement.

Thank God I have you to review the RTA's I am looking at .

Thank God I have you to review the RTA's I am looking at .

Lol, with all the admin of the Zeus it's alright. The top fill is a mission. I've accidentally opened it while upside down trying to access the coils. To get the damn chamber thing to line up and screw on is hit and miss and takes at least 5-6 tries. The flavour is decent but not as good as the OBS. All in all its just a mission. And I can't say it's better than the OBS. Pull round some time - maybe at Brinks house, he wants to try it out too. Then you can try them both :)

Lol, with all the admin of the Zeus it's alright. The top fill is a mission. I've accidentally opened it while upside down trying to access the coils. To get the damn chamber thing to line up and screw on is hit and miss and takes at least 5-6 tries. The flavour is decent but not as good as the OBS. All in all its just a mission. And I can't say it's better than the OBS. Pull round some time - maybe at Brinks house, he wants to try it out too. Then you can try them both :)
Thanks for the update man, appreciate it. Maybe this weekend sometime. Is he still looking for a new tank? I know his Kylin was giving him some serious leaking issues

I retract my statement.

@Spyro one an Nano fan always a Nano fan. The Zeus is also a great tank, more finicky and doesn't like overwicking. Did you thin the tailss quite a bit, otherwise your flavour just vanishes. Also, whatbuild have you got in there?

Thoughts on the Ammit Dual?
The flavour is great BUT, I've tried so many different things and I cannot stop the constant juice seepage/condensation at the base.

I have to wipe the bottom of the tank after just half a tank of vaping...

@Room Fogger Wise words! I'll keep that in mind for my next build. I wicked it exactly how I would the OBS. Didn't thin the wicks much at all. I have one of these... I've never known the name for coils so here's a photo. Might be a wrap too long?
1516971114114..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Room Fogger Wise words! I'll keep that in mind for my next build. I wicked it exactly how I would the OBS. Didn't think the wicks out all that much. And I have one of these... I've never known the name for coils so here's a photo. Might be a wrap too long?
View attachment 120175
That build looks fine, the tails leading to the wicking holes are usually the problem. It's seems your wicking goes into the bottom part of the tank, that's too long. They should not be protruding at all.

I have to rewick so will try and do tonight or tomorrow morning to show how tails can be thinned and positioned, hope this will help.

That build looks fine, the tails leading to the wicking holes are usually the problem. It's seems your wicking goes into the bottom part of the tank, that's too long. They should not be protruding at all.

I have to rewick so will try and do tonight or tomorrow morning to show how tails can be thinned and positioned, hope this will help.
That'd be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

I retract my statement.

hi @Spyro thanks for the feed back, I'm a Zeus fan, buuuuutttttttt, I have never tried the OBS, so, I have to asap !!!

@Spyro ,as promised.

Ok, the Zeus had a quick bath (censored), air dried and here we go. This works for me and it's flavour for days every time. I have a 5 wrap Fused Clapton with 3mm ID in here coming out at 0.20 ohms, vaping at 32,5 watts.

Wick threaded and trimmed wider than the tank, nearly mod width and the Aegis is wide!
IMG_0078.JPG

Ends fluffed out with the tweezers, I take about 50% off this
way

IMG_0079.JPG
Trimmed down for fitting

IMG_0080.JPG
I wet them with some VG, you can use juice as well and then put them in the channels. Any piece protruding from the bottom is trimmed of so that it is level
IMG_0081.JPG

Side view of the finished product. The end of the wicks are level with the bottom of the build deck.
IMG_0086.JPG

Assembled, Filled with some Simply Cannoli DIY. Happy clouds and flavour for days.
IMG_0087.JPG

Hope this will be of some help. This is one of the tanks where more is less when it comes to wicking. Enjoy.

@Spyro ,as promised.

Ok, the Zeus had a quick bath (censored), air dried and here we go. This works for me and it's flavour for days every time. I have a 5 wrap Fused Clapton with 3mm ID in here coming out at 0.20 ohms, vaping at 32,5 watts.

Wick threaded and trimmed wider than the tank, nearly mod width and the Aegis is wide!
View attachment 120235

way

View attachment 120236
Trimmed down for fitting

View attachment 120237
I wet them with some VG, you can use juice as well and then put them in the channels. Any piece protruding from the bottom is trimmed of so that it is level
View attachment 120238

Side view of the finished product. The end of the wicks are level with the bottom of the build deck.
View attachment 120239

Assembled, Filled with some Simply Cannoli DIY. Happy clouds and flavour for days.
View attachment 120240

Hope this will be of some help. This is one of the tanks where more is less when it comes to wicking. Enjoy.

That is of huge help! Thank you. I've got to say, I jumped the gun a little. The flavour of the Zeus came out nicely once the cotton broke in. But my goodness it's such a mission to screw that cap back onto the base! It's so painful after using the OBS. However, I will rewick this way in the morning! Thanks again!

That is of huge help! Thank you. I've got to say, I jumped the gun a little. The flavour of the Zeus came out nicely once the cotton broke in. But my goodness it's such a mission to screw that cap back onto the base! It's so painful after using the OBS. However, I will rewick this way in the morning! Thanks again!
Enjoy, I have 3 Nano's and to rewick them all can be done in under a minute, it must be the easiest tank ever in this regard. I agree with the reassembly part, that's why I usually stick to the same juice so I only have to rewick the Zeus once a week or so depending on use.

@Spyro ,as promised.

View attachment 120235

way

View attachment 120236
Trimmed down for fitting

View attachment 120237
View attachment 120238

View attachment 120239

View attachment 120240

fog some rooms bro

nice post !!

hi @Spyro thanks for the feed back, I'm a Zeus fan, buuuuutttttttt, I have never tried the OBS, so, I have to asap !!!
@vicTor its one of my favorite RTA's due to ease of build, and flavour is very good in my eyes. if you don't come right in the Vale, we will make a plan so that you can test one of mine.

@vicTor its one of my favorite RTA's due to ease of build, and flavour is very good in my eyes. if you don't come right in the Vale, we will make a plan so that you can test one of mine.

will do, you doing vapecon18 ?

I've owned and still own a lot RTAs but I get the most enjoyment and use out of the Reload RTA. It's just fantastic. I reckon it would be the most complete package if it had a bubble tank, as I go through the 3.5ml capacity rather quickly, oh and better grub screws (I swapped them out with spares from my aromamizer supreme v2).

@Room Fogger Thanks for the tips! I had a couple hot spots, got rid of those. Wicked as you suggested and I'm rocking and rolling with very decent flavour! Now my only complaint about the Zeus is the finicky locking mechanism. Putting the tank onto the base is a huge mission but so far I'm actually impressed. I also don't like the Zeus logo. I think it would have looked really sexy without it. Mega thanks to you!

Ps try it with your OBS drip tip and tell me what you think.

Back