Introduce Yourselves:

Im keen on going, must just check the schedule that wknd then i can rsvp.
What i meant by pity about the venue is, Town/CBD, parking is a nightmare especially so central in town. Is there parking available? Not too familiar with town as i try avoid it every chance lol.

being in the afternoon all cbd activity will be at a minimum. there will be parking available on all surrounding roads and there is underground parking in the same road about 1 minute walk away from the venue. hope you can make it, will be an awesome experience

Morning , just thought I'd introduce myself , my name is Daniel and I'm an alcoho.... oh wait wrong forum :p

Into a few things , mostly knives (starting on customs now) , gadgets and gidgets , gaming and now it seems vaping ...
Have not bought any kit as of yet still researching and taking in as much knowledge as I can , but it seems the general consensus is don't buy cheap.
Will probably go visit my local Agent and see what tickles my fancy ... anyway seems like a nice forum with lots of knowledgeable people and I love the positive vibe!

Vrede

Welcome to all the new members!! You came to the wrong place, the most addictive forum on the web. Now you will never be able to get rid of us... Bwahahsha Enjoy

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor

Hey Peeps,
Just joined the crew. I have been on the Twisps now for about 3 months. Fallen off the wagon a few times, but hey what happens in Vegas stays there.

After 25 years of smoking stinkies I didn't think it was possible for me to stop and well it seems that this is working. What a relief! Anyway. I am interested to see how this technology progresses...

On Friday got an upgrade to an iTaste CLK with a Nautilus and there is a massive difference. It's become really apparent I need to understand more about the juices, so this is why I have joined.

Welcome to the forum @Jay Green
I know exactly what you mean about finding it easy to switch to vaping. Well done!
You are definitely right about understanding more on the juice front.
There tends to be a lot more discussion about the equipment - but finding a superb juice can make a massive difference

I suggest you start out by going through the E-liquid reviews section
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/e-liquid-reviews/

The reviews are sorted into threads by brand. Most of those brands are available locally from the retailers on this forum.
Give us a shout if you have any questions.

All the best for your vaping!

Hi guys

My name is justin, been vaping for 3 weeks now and loving it!
Good to meet you all.

Hi @Justin Pattrick
We "met" in that other thread for your stunning wooden bottom fed creation

Wow, 3 weeks vaping and you built that - I am impressed!
I can only imagine what you will create over the next year. Great stuff man
Welcome to the forum ;-)

Morning , just thought I'd introduce myself , my name is Daniel and I'm an alcoho.... oh wait wrong forum :p

Into a few things , mostly knives (starting on customs now) , gadgets and gidgets , gaming and now it seems vaping ...
Have not bought any kit as of yet still researching and taking in as much knowledge as I can , but it seems the general consensus is don't buy cheap.
Will probably go visit my local Agent and see what tickles my fancy ... anyway seems like a nice forum with lots of knowledgeable people and I love the positive vibe!

Vrede

Welcome @Daniel
Nice to see people doing research before they dive in. Well done for that.

You are quite right in your assessment of "don't buy cheap". But I think "cheap" needs to be further explained.

For example, I have been vaping for a year and while I have a fair amount of high-end devices - I still find lots of pleasure with some juices on my simple EVOD1 (which is very cheap I think about R80) and can be powered by just about any battery.

But yes, buying fake or dodgy cheap stuff is not going to work in the long run. Spending a bit more generally gets one further with less hassles. As long as you are buying at the right places. I suggest the retailers on this forum - they are all good and have good products and good prices. Check out the Retailers & Vendors section on the home page.

Don't be afraid to ask if you want an opinion on something you want to buy - before actually buying it

All the best

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am a noob to the forum. I started with Twisp on 1 Jan and have not fallen off the wagon. I have been reading around here for info on my next upgrade. This place is so addictive and convincing lol. I have already decided i need a iStick and mAn.

Thanks for this awesome forum

Welcome @NaZa05
Great going and congrats for not falling of the wagon. That is a great achievement.
You are right, the forum is addictive - it is a wonderful place filled with amazing people.
iStick and mAN is a great combination! Personally, I find the iStick a little small in the hand (can't believe it - I got it because it was small - lol)
But the combination works wonderfully. They are both superb devices.
All the best and let us know how it goes...

welcome @Daniel
nice sense of humor...
you have come to the right place for info and research. good luck. and give us a shout if you need any assistance.

Hi Everyone,

Started vaping 3 months ago but fell "off the wagon" and went back to smoking for a month. So decided to kit up a bit better this time around. I've just bought a T Max S 80 (its a 5000MAH mod but still runs on a standard double coil) and protank 3 - big step up from the Evod 2. Hoping something with variable voltage/wattage and a longer battery life will help this time round.

I'm vaping on 12mg - 50/50 vc/pg and I'm hoping through the forum to pick up some tips on making the move to an RDA (pros and cons) and learning more about e liquids etc.

I'm vaping mainly because i've been a 30 a day smoker for 20 years and need to quit the filfth.

Thanks for this forum and I look forward to browsing the topics and learning something new

Hi @Mode101
Welcome to the forum
Don't worry about falling off the wagon - the main thing is that you are back on now - and it sounds like your new wagon is going to keep you on it for a longer time!

I have been keen on that T-Max, purely for the battery capacity - amazing. Wish you well for that.

If you feel the 12mg is not enough to keep you off the smoking - definitely try 18mg juices. I have been vaping for a year and still am on 18mg. Most people need the extra kick to keep the stinkies at bay - in the beginning. And many people like myself still need it one year on!

As for making the move to rebuildables, here is a very quick list of pros and cons

Pros
- more intensity in the vape - more flavour, throat hit and vapour
- more configurable - e.g. you can adjust the throat hit for example by adjusting the height of the coil

Cons
- more tinkering and admin to build coils, rewick etc etc. Not that bad and is actually a Pro for many - but if you don't like the hassle, it is a con
- there are a few more things you need to buy (ohm meter, tools, wire, wick, tweezers and a few other things depending on your level of enthusiasm ;-) )
- learning curve - a pro or a con depending on whether you are interested in it or not.

As far as learning about E-liquids goes, I suggest you start off by reading the reviews in the E-liquid reviews section. Most of the juices are available locally from the retailers on this forum. The world of juices is a big one and I think finding a few winning juices can make all the difference. It can be a tough and somewhat expensive process to find those winners but believe me, they are out there. Just takes a bit of patience.

First thing I suggest you do is to find the nic level that you require. Buy one or two 18mg juices in a flavour you like and vape it and see if its better than your 12mg or too strong for you.

All the best with your vaping and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Hey guys.
My name is Justin aka PutRid, yes its a weird name but iv used it for most of the forums im on ( Carbonite and bmwfanatics) its also been my gaming aka for years.
Anyway.
Iv Been vaping for about a month now and havnt touched a cig since. Decided it needed to happen.
Im very quickly getting addicted to the vape life style (cud) where as my wallet is now forever empty because of impulse.
Im still currently trying to find my perfect spot where im happy and dont wanna switch back to cigs. Im extremely fussy when it comes to eliquid and the perfect vape. I first bought the protank 3 and mob battery but within 2 days i sold it and got the nautilus mini and vision spinner 2. Nautilus mini is toilet for me to be honest i bought it cause i heard it was best on the market but i was highly disappointed. Anyway iv now got the aerotank mega and xfire battery (meh) and im liking it alot more than the nautilus mini. But once again my cud arises and i want to get a mod that fits the aero mega. I will probably keep the nautilus mini as backup or sell it and the spinner to fund a mod :D so if your keen to swop or whatever drop me a pm and we can chat.
Anyway great community and im sure ill enjoy the stay.

Hi and welcome @PutRid

Am also on bmwfanatics but havent posted much at all ;-) Great site by the way.

Back to vaping.

I know what you mean about the impulse buying - I have also had several wallet-hurting months ;-)
I also have the Nautilus Mini and I do like it a lot. Produces great flavour for me. Throat hit is a bit low but overall, I think it's a great device. Are you sure your coils are the new BVC coils? And maybe they were duds? I have heard others complain about this issue. Before you get rid of the Nautilus Mini, check out the coil issue and you may be pleasantly surprised.

All the best and hope you enjoy your stay. We have a great place!

Last edited:
Hey there,

D's here ..

Started vaping three weeks ago. Got me iJust. The thing is heavy but it pushes volumes of quality vapor.
I found the forum while looking for quality stuff. I am into VG, nic free juices. Seems the PG stuff does not quite agree with me (I wonder if anyone else has the same problem).

People tell me one is not supposed to vape is if it is a hubbly. True ?

Welcome @VapeD's

Saw you in the other thread where I tried to help on the VG liquids. Thanks for introducing yourself.
I forgot to mention that I heard that @Mauritz from CraftVapour (local juice manufacturer) was talking a while back about a new range of higher VG liquids. Not sure what happened with that, perhaps get in touch with him. CraftVapour's juices are great and in my view of high quality.

Not sure about the hubbly question - have never tried that.

All the best and let us know how it goes with your high VG juice hunt.

Hi and welcome @PutRid

Am also on bmwfanatics but havent posted much at all ;-) Great site by the way.

Back to vaping.

I know what you mean about the impulse buying - I have also had several wallet-hurting months ;-)
I also have the Nautilus Mini and I do like it a lot. Produces great flavour for me. Throat hit is a bit low but I like it. Are you sure your coils are the new BVC coils? And maybe they were duds. I have heard others complain about this issue. Before you get rid of the Nautilus Mini, check out the coil issue and you may be pleasantly surprised.

All the best and hope you enjoy your stay. We have a great place!
Awesome whats your name?

Yeah iv tried both bvc and other coils, iv tried different ohm coils all are just meh, i think it just doesnt agree with me, sometime flavour is lekker sometimes its toilet. Its just dull and i find i get desensitised to flavours alot quicker with the n mini. Im probably going to end up trading or selling it for further vape investments lol.

Awesome whats your name?

Yeah iv tried both bvc and other coils, iv tried different ohm coils all are just meh, i think it just doesnt agree with me, sometime flavour is lekker sometimes its toilet. Its just dull and i find i get desensitised to flavours alot quicker with the n mini. Im probably going to end up trading or selling it for further vape investments lol.

@PutRid - its "Silver1"

Ok - so you tried the coils. Lol, love your phrase - "sometimes its toilet".

Welcome to the forum
You have certainly come to the right place.cape town vape community is vibrant.you are in for a treat here

I have already learnt alot on this forum, Im the same with any hobby i jump into, its all or nothing. I am very stoked i have found this forum just to be able to buy/sell , learn and chat on vaping. CANNOT WAIT For the vape meet on the 6th of dec, Ever since iv gone sub ohm iv been praying for a comp / meet. Now I know I am in the right place right here. the community is on this forum. Cant wait to meet you guys at the meet as ALL vapers are just awesome!!

I have already learnt alot on this forum, Im the same with any hobby i jump into, its all or nothing. I am very stoked i have found this forum just to be able to buy/sell , learn and chat on vaping. CANNOT WAIT For the vape meet on the 6th of dec, Ever since iv gone sub ohm iv been praying for a comp / meet. Now I know I am in the right place right here. the community is on this forum. Cant wait to meet you guys at the meet as ALL vapers are just awesome!!

awesome to hear such positive feedback. its definitely a place i have grown to really enjoy.

Hi I'm Liza (aka Lizzy), living in Centurion. Me and hubby started vaping May this year and loving it! I now omn an itaste mvp with an aspire nautilus, loving the bavarian cream and fudge brownie mix ;) that's me for now, more later! :p

Hi I'm Liza (aka Lizzy), living in Centurion. Me and hubby started vaping May this year and loving it! I now omn an itaste mvp with an aspire nautilus, loving the bavarian cream and fudge brownie mix ;) that's me for now, more later! :p
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on the 6 months + of vaping - a great achievement. Great gear to vape on. Happy vaping.

Hi there, I'm new to the site, joined a while back but have not posted anything as yet. Started vaping earlier this year, started with twisp clear kit, this was not to bad, definitely got me of the analogs :) best decision ever!! Me and the wife are both vaping like crazy, recently started with RDA's and rebuilding all sorts of coils, I tied about everything now.. lol, Clapton coils and 24 Gauge zipper coils included ( bearing in mind that I had to drill out allot of the RDA holes as they don't usually cater for these big builds, hehe... Loving every second of the vaping experience!!! Yes i'm save, got the 26650's 32A and my lowest build so far is come in @ 0.13 Ohm, but using ohms law to be sure i'm not going over my safe amperage rage of the bats :)

Ok, that is a bit of me, love vaping, love the clouds, love the flavor, hate analogs, hehe, they taste like crap!! only using lighter for braai's and lighting my butane torch, hehe.....

Thank you, that looks very cool - I like it, especially the side button. Is it a VV/VW regulated mod or a mechanical device.

Hi,

It is voltage regulated. I have to find a juice that works well with voltage regulated devices. Apparently they change taste when the setting is changed. Wild Wiberry is supposedly doing that from www.craftvapour.com. @Mauritz.

Hi there, I'm new to the site, joined a while back but have not posted anything as yet. Started vaping earlier this year, started with twisp clear kit, this was not to bad, definitely got me of the analogs :) best decision ever!! Me and the wife are both vaping like crazy, recently started with RDA's and rebuilding all sorts of coils, I tied about everything now.. lol, Clapton coils and 24 Gauge zipper coils included ( bearing in mind that I had to drill out allot of the RDA holes as they don't usually cater for these big builds, hehe... Loving every second of the vaping experience!!! Yes i'm save, got the 26650's 32A and my lowest build so far is come in @ 0.13 Ohm, but using ohms law to be sure i'm not going over my safe amperage rage of the bats :)

Ok, that is a bit of me, love vaping, love the clouds, love the flavor, hate analogs, hehe, they taste like crap!! only using lighter for braai's and lighting my butane torch, hehe.....
Ah, just met HRH above. Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on the switch. Glad to hear that safety is a priority for you. Just make sure the Amps stated on the battery is continuous discharge rating and not the pulse discharge rating. Efest is known to state the pulse rating. Happy coiling and vaping. Many awesome coilers on this forum - you should feel right at home.

Welcome dude. Show us some of those builds when u get a chance.

Hi,

It is voltage regulated. I have to find a juice that works well with voltage regulated devices. Apparently they change taste when the setting is changed. Wild Wiberry is supposedly doing that from www.craftvapour.com. @Mauritz.
In theory a regulated device should work with any juice (except if it is a very bad juice) - you adjust the power to fit the juice. One of the advantages of a regulated device.

In theory a regulated device should work with any juice (except if it is a very bad juice) - you adjust the power to fit the juice. One of the advantages of a regulated device.

Thank you guys :) Will post some of the build soon :) Yeah, as for the batteries, they are rated 32A Continues and 64 Burst, so keeping well safe on this one, didn't skimp on the batteries, hehe

Back