Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome @quanadamsza

Since you are in Cape Town, VapeMob will be your best bet for getting started - check the site for directions to their shops. As for what to get, I could give some recommendations but I'm not sure what they have in stock - so best to pop in and have a talk with the guys there ;)

Just in case you go somewhere else, an iStick with an Mini Aspire Nautilus is still the best starter kit I can recommend...and there are many many vendors on here who sell that combination and can ship it to you - in case the VapeMob thing doesn't work out ;)

For juices I'd recommend anything in 18mg based on the types of flavours you like - personally I steered clear of tobacco flavoured juices but some people found them helpful at first, it depends a great deal on what you like. Again, any juice from one of the vendors on here should be good enough to vape - finding a juice you love is a bit of a journey, but a fun one ;)

It's a great decision and one you will not regret if you stick with it for a while. Vaping got me off the cigs fairly painlessly after 21 years of smoking, and it has done the same for many many other members on here that smoked even longer - it really does work, and it's awesome :D

Best of luck with the vaping, and be sure to report back what you've found - or come back for more questions if you don't find what you are looking for :)

And enjoy the forum :D

Thanks free3dom. Was planning on going to Vapemob tomorrow to see what I can get in the meantime because they only getting stock of the istick and the mini in the week and I can't wait that long...il get that another time and keep my current one as of tomorrow as a spare. As for juices I think I'd be more interested in the desert variety...

Thanks free3dom. Was planning on going to Vapemob tomorrow to see what I can get in the meantime because they only getting stock of the istick and the mini in the week and I can't wait that long...il get that another time and keep my current one as of tomorrow as a spare. As for juices I think I'd be more interested in the desert variety...

Getting a starter device (egrip or their starter kit) from them would be a good idea regardless. First rule of vaping...always have a backup device (or three) ;)

For desert flavours you will be spoiled for choice...there are some amazing stuff out there :)

I've got an ego battery so a cheap tank will do for now...il get to that point where I've got 20 vaping devices like some of you guys...but all I need now is to just get through the week or month...went through all the threads about juice and I like most of those flavours but I don't like the price...

Hi my name is J.P.
Got ditected here from a Biking forum of all places! Got interested in looking at Vaping again, since I tried the first Quit eCigs back in the day from Dischem, and build quality and flavour left much to be desired...
Found a vendor in Melrose Arch, right by work, and decided to go have a look..
Ended up walking out with an iLeaf iStick 30w with a Eleaf MELO and two bottles of juice, Ruthless E-Juice's EZ DUZ IT and SLURRICANE
Will be cutting back on the Stuivesants and hopefully make the transition over very soon!

I've got an ego battery so a cheap tank will do for now...il get to that point where I've got 20 vaping devices like some of you guys...but all I need now is to just get through the week or month...went through all the threads about juice and I like most of those flavours but I don't like the price...

The juices from Vapour Mountain (also in the Cape) are very well priced and amazing...have a look at their selection here :D
Most of the other vendors registered on here also sell amazing juice at great prices...you don't need to buy imported juice to get amazing quality ;)

Welcome @Redeemer

You got yourself some great gear for vaping...I don't know the juices, but I've heard good things ;)
Vaping has come a long way and it's easier than ever to get a very satisfying vape, and be rid of the cigs once and for all :D

But take it slow and steady, and you'll get there - it's totally worth it too :)

Enjoy the forum and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions - or something to share ;)

Hi everyone, had my last death dagger in November and have been exclusively vaping from then.
Shout out to Lindsay from Vapeclub and the guys from Vapemob for the advice and excellent service !!
Currently running a Nauti mini with iStick on 3.2V, juices are a mix & match still - everything from SkyBlue through to Crave and Voodoo Juice.:dance:

This little mod has got me off 2 packs a day :h:

Welcome @Sam Haasbroek

Congrats on ridding yourself of the cigs - and you seem to be going strong, well done :clap:
iStick + mAn is an absolute winning combination and I'm glad to hear it's been serving you well :D

Am I right in assuming "you still haven't found what you're looking for" with regards to juices? Or are you just testing out as much as you can? Either way...juice is what keeps the vape interesting and, while I have a few ADVs, I don't think I will ever stop trying different juices ;)

Enjoy the forum and the vape, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have...or just babble on :)

Welcome @Sam Haasbroek

Congrats on ridding yourself of the cigs - and you seem to be going strong, well done :clap:
iStick + mAn is an absolute winning combination and I'm glad to hear it's been serving you well :D

Am I right in assuming "you still haven't found what you're looking for" with regards to juices? Or are you just testing out as much as you can? Either way...juice is what keeps the vape interesting and, while I have a few ADVs, I don't think I will ever stop trying different juices ;)

Enjoy the forum and the vape, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have...or just babble on :)

Well if they make that Pter Blue flavour I'll be all over it, lol :devil:
Right now I like playing scientist, the mixing and matching of flavours is mindblowing. I seem to be spending more time online shopping than I do on facebook, hahaha.

Well if they make that Pter Blue flavour I'll be all over it, lol :devil:
Right now I like playing scientist, the mixing and matching of flavours is mindblowing. I seem to be spending more time online shopping than I do on facebook, hahaha.

That's the spirit....have you looked into DIY yet? If not, that might be your next obsession ;)

And facebook...what's that? :p I've pretty much given up on trying to keep up with anything that is not directly vape related :D

That's the spirit....have you looked into DIY yet? If not, that might be your next obsession ;)

And facebook...what's that? :p I've pretty much given up on trying to keep up with anything that is not directly vape related :D

I'm busy saving up for my first DIY project, been sifting through the tons of youtube vids and build tutorials and making little sticky notes all over the screen.
Not so sure I'd try the DIY juice building just yet, been a while since I've had stuff in test tubes waiting for smoke and sparks :rock:

I'm busy saving up for my first DIY project, been sifting through the tons of youtube vids and build tutorials and making little sticky notes all over the screen.
Not so sure I'd try the DIY juice building just yet, been a while since I've had stuff in test tubes waiting for smoke and sparks :rock:

Quite frankly I felt the same as you do about DIY juice...and then I tried it and it is the easiest thing in the world - and I'm talking PB&J easy, not pasta easy :p

To get started, there are tons of recipes all over the web for making clones of existing international juices - so you are almost guaranteed to have an excellent juice at a fraction of the cost (around R100-R150 for 100ml of juice). And then you can really get creative with the mixing and come up with some amazing stuff - as many members on here have done :D

If you feel like it have a look at this thread, which details just how easy it is to get started. But if it's not your thing, then no worries...keep mixing the juice you've got and enjoying the vape ;)

And looking forward to seeing your sticky notes come to life :D

Welcome to the forum @quanadamsza
So excited for you to embark on this wonderful journey!!
You are doing a great thing !
I will second the advice of the istick and Nautilus Mini. Great setup, good flavour and easy to use.

My advice to you is to try as best as possible to find liquids that you LOVE. That can make all the difference to your vaping journey, especially in the early stages. So try various flavours from different juice lines and retailers. Try go for sample sizes if you can (e.g Vapour Mountain's 10ml bottles). That way you can try more flavours without breaking the wallet too badly. Just keep at it. You WILL find something you like. Dont give up. I vaped about 20 flavours before discovering my first love which was VM's Choc Mint. The flavour hunt can be expensive and tough. Just persevere. Also try hook up with other vapers in your area and have mini vape meets where you try out their flavours.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Hi my name is J.P.
Got ditected here from a Biking forum of all places! Got interested in looking at Vaping again, since I tried the first Quit eCigs back in the day from Dischem, and build quality and flavour left much to be desired...
Found a vendor in Melrose Arch, right by work, and decided to go have a look..
Ended up walking out with an iLeaf iStick 30w with a Eleaf MELO and two bottles of juice, Ruthless E-Juice's EZ DUZ IT and SLURRICANE
Will be cutting back on the Stuivesants and hopefully make the transition over very soon!

Welcome @Redeemer
You came to the right forum. We have a great place here!
Congrats on the new gear and on restarting your vaping
All the best for your journey and do let us know how its going...
You are doing a great thing!

Morning all. I've been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks now. @Rob Fisher fisher got me to join up. Only been vaping for two weeks now after fifteen years on the cigs. Got my set up from @Schuller and been enjoying it so far. Still plenty to learn from you all. Ive got an eLeaf iStick 30w and a Kangertech Subtank.

Can anyone tell me if there are any vendors on the East Rand? Im from Boksburg. I need to stock up on some juices and would like to start making my own coils etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi everyone, had my last death dagger in November and have been exclusively vaping from then.
Shout out to Lindsay from Vapeclub and the guys from Vapemob for the advice and excellent service !!
Currently running a Nauti mini with iStick on 3.2V, juices are a mix & match still - everything from SkyBlue through to Crave and Voodoo Juice.:dance:

This little mod has got me off 2 packs a day :h:

Welcome to the forum @Sam Haasbroek
Congrats on the switch to vaping and being off the "death daggers" for so long! Love that name you gave them. Lol
You have done a GREAT thing!
All the best with your vaping journey - just shout if you have any questions

Last edited:
Morning all. I've been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks now. @Rob Fisher fisher got me to join up. Only been vaping for two weeks now after fifteen years on the cigs. Got my set up from @Schuller and been enjoying it so far. Still plenty to learn from you all. Ive got an eLeaf iStick 30w and a Kangertech Subtank.

Can anyone tell me if there are any vendors on the East Rand? Im from Boksburg. I need to stock up on some juices and would like to start making my own coils etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum @G-MAN !
Glad you joined and not just lurking. Thanks @Rob Fisher ;-)
Well done on the 2 weeks. Great achievement! Hardest part done!

As for your question, VapeClub is situated in Benoni. You can check them out on www.vapeclub.co.za
They are run by @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl on this forum
Also, i think VapeKing has an agent in Kempton. Check out the vapeking.co.za website. Or get in touch with @Stroodlepuff on this forum

All the best and let us know how it goes!!

Welcome @G-MAN

Glad to see you posting on request from @Rob Fisher (nice!) ;)
As @Silver said, the first few weeks are the bad part...it's all downhill from here - you finally get to enjoy vaping, instead of just trying to stay off the cigs...it's a wonderful thing :D

iStick + SubTank is a great combo, and I hope you are enjoying it. Coil building is really easy and quite a bit of fun - highly recommended ;)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions and enjoy the forum

Thanks @Silver. I take it that you would first need to purchase online from Vapeclub then collect?(No viewing first)?
Reason I ask is I have no idea what I would need.

Thanks @Silver. I take it that you would first need to purchase online from Vapeclub then collect?(No viewing first)?
Reason I ask is I have no idea what I would need.

@G-MAN, give Lindsay from Vapeclub a shout, her number is under their contact details on their website.
She is a awesome lady and always available for advice and ideas.
They also have a collection option available :D

Back