Introduce Yourselves:

Hey guys,

Semi-new vaper here. Got a Twisp Clearo last year, used it for a couple of months, but eventually went back to stinkies 'cause it was a hassle with one battery, the coils were only good for a couple of days, and I was going through juice like beer.

Picked it up again recently, as I honestly did prefer it when it worked, but it still wasn't quite cutting it.
Cigarettes actually taste cuck, it's amazing how desensitized you become after 18 years!
Soooooo, I decided to do a bit of research over the week-end, 'tube vids and stuff, which turned into the whole damn week-end. Didn't even log into WoW, and I'm supposed to be leveling a priest as an off-healer for our raid team :p

After much deliberation, and a crap-ton of filling and emptying shopping carts, I eventually came across this post, bit the bullet and ordered a Kangertech Subox Mini, a battery, spare coils and a couple bottles of juice. The order arrived this morning, a day earlier than expected (Thanks guys at VapeKing for the speedy delivery to the EC). Mere words cannot do justice to how much more satisfying the experience is. I think I'm in love.

I have a few questions, however. When I was Twisping, I really liked the Tobacco #1 flavour from their Pure range. I know it is a high VG mix, but nowhere on the packaging or their website can I find the actual VG/PG ratio.
I tried the Traditional Tobacco juice (50/50) I ordered from VapeKing, but it has this weird fruity after-taste I can't quite wrap my head around yet. The Twisp flavour I am accustomed to has a sweeter, almost-vanilla taste which I quite like. Still have some of it left, so I ended up using that instead.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to the VG/PG ratio of the Twisp Pure juice? And maybe recommend something comparable flavour-wise?

I apologize for the wall of text.

Welcome to the forum @jasonb
And congrats on the new gear and returning to vaping
As for your question, I dont know what the VG ratio of Twisp pure is. Sorry. I never liked their Tobacco#1 but there are tobaccoes out there that you may like. You need to just try as many as you can. With VK, you can try their VK4 or VK5. Also they carry Vape Elixir which has a few tobaccoes. Then there are several other local tobacco juices. Check out the Eliquid review threads as well.
All the best
PS- please update your location info to your city instead of South Africa

Thanks, everyone.
After reading some of the reviews on here, I decided to try out several of the E-Liquid Project varieties available in 12mg.
Figured there must be something to all these edible-sounding flavours that people seem to be going on about, and if I can support local for my ADVs, even better.
Would be awesome to be able to pop into a brick and mortar and try out some samples, but my location makes that difficult.
Probably going to have to go through a bit of trial and error before I find my niche, but I guess that's all part of the process.
Just waiting for my order to arrive so I can tuck in!

Thanks, everyone.
After reading some of the reviews on here, I decided to try out several of the E-Liquid Project varieties available in 12mg.
Figured there must be something to all these edible-sounding flavours that people seem to be going on about, and if I can support local for my ADVs, even better.
Would be awesome to be able to pop into a brick and mortar and try out some samples, but my location makes that difficult.
Probably going to have to go through a bit of trial and error before I find my niche, but I guess that's all part of the process.
Way to go. Great juices those. Keep us updated please.

Hi All,

Been off analogues for over a year now; started off with a Twisp Clearo, and I'm afraid to say that device almost had be back on analogues again... but I persisted (wife and kids really kinda forced me to... :p), so I scratched around the net and got lost in all YouTube reviews on different vaping gear, builds etc... and discovered the world of "proper" mods and e-juices. I invested in a little iStick 30W and Nautilis Mini, and been on it now for about 6 months... What a difference!!! the poor twispies are now just an aging relic from the "struggle". Been supporting VapeKing, SirVape and SkyBlue for a while now and surprised to see how much this industry is taking off!

Some of the juices I've enjoyed lately:
  • SkyBlue's Ambrosia, RY4 and Cocomo Cream
  • NCV's StrawBerryShake high VG (tried it recently and was really yummy; pity to see VapeKing does not stock them anymore... wonder why??
Got some Stash Lushington, and World Of Wonders Colossus on order and looking forward to try them!

Decided to join the forum and see what more I can learn, especially about whats happening with the local scene. Gutted that I missed VapeCon but will make sure to visit next year.

Looking to get into RBA's and maybe start mixing up some creative DIY juices, a new MOD? hmmm... will see what the budget allows... :p

Hi All,

Been off analogues for over a year now; started off with a Twisp Clearo, and I'm afraid to say that device almost had be back on analogues again... but I persisted (wife and kids really kinda forced me to... :p), so I scratched around the net and got lost in all YouTube reviews on different vaping gear, builds etc... and discovered the world of "proper" mods and e-juices. I invested in a little iStick 30W and Nautilis Mini, and been on it now for about 6 months... What a difference!!! the poor twispies are now just an aging relic from the "struggle". Been supporting VapeKing, SirVape and SkyBlue for a while now and surprised to see how much this industry is taking off!

• NCV's StrawBerryShake high VG (tried it recently and was really yummy; pity to see VapeKing does not stock them anymore... wonder why??
Got some Stash Lushington, and World Of Wonders Colossus on order and looking forward to try them!

Decided to join the forum and see what more I can learn, especially about whats happening with the local scene. Gutted that I missed VapeCon but will make sure to visit next year.

Looking to get into RBA's and maybe start mixing up some creative DIY juices, a new MOD? hmmm... will see what the budget allows... :p

Welcome to the forum @vjackoza
Lovely intro -
Glad you enjoying the vaping and discovering good juices.
Hope you enjoy your stay here - there is indeed lots to learn from all the enthusiastic vapers - and its changing by the week.
All the best

Hi All,

Most welcome. Congrats on kicking the disgusting stinky habit - a huge achievement. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Thanks, everyone.
I'm sure someone could suggest some economical sample packs.

Just an update: My E-Liquid Project order arrived this morning, and I decided to try out the Cowboy's Apple Pie. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how damn good it is!
Seriously, I had no idea.
It's so tasty I could almost drink it.
I think I'll try The Daddler next.

I also ordered another authentic Sub Tank mini and other odds-and-ends from Fasttech.
May have got carried away :sweating:

Just an update: My E-Liquid Project order arrived this morning, and I decided to try out the Cowboy's Apple Pie. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how damn good it is!

I also ordered another authentic Sub Tank mini and other odds-and-ends from Fasttech.

Great to hear @jasonb
So lovely when one finds a winner juice!

Hi All,

welcome,vapeing is not only healthier, it's fun!

Hi guys,this is Rex from China,and I have been in the vapor industry for about 2 years.
I come here to looking for more information about the SA market--the SA market is growing very fast !

Great stuff. The flavour journey is wonderful.

Good evening everyone

So I am new here since I am posting in this section. I have not yet started vaping, still on the ye old cigarettes that you can buy at the shop just around the corner from your house (how convenient). I have been perusing the forum and looking around on the inter web to see whats available and it is clear that in the last few years the world of e-cigarettes have changed allot. There seems to be allot going on and I would like to get into vaping but there is a large variety and it is difficult to know what is best, therefore I have decided to join the forum to gain more knowledge and one day contribute. I have been looking into starter kits, so far the top two is Joyetech Ego One 2200mAh and the Kanger Evod Mega, choices are difficult. I read the post from free3dom regarding the Kanger Subox Mini but unfortunately it is a bit to expensive for my blood at the time but it does sound good. Anyway that is enough rambling for one night so good night and thanks for having me.

Good evening everyone

So I am new here since I am posting in this section. I have not yet started vaping, still on the ye old cigarettes that you can buy at the shop just around the corner from your house (how convenient). I have been perusing the forum and looking around on the inter web to see whats available and it is clear that in the last few years the world of e-cigarettes have changed allot. There seems to be allot going on and I would like to get into vaping but there is a large variety and it is difficult to know what is best, therefore I have decided to join the forum to gain more knowledge and one day contribute. I have been looking into starter kits, so far the top two is Joyetech Ego One 2200mAh and the Kanger Evod Mega, choices are difficult. I read the post from free3dom regarding the Kanger Subox Mini but unfortunately it is a bit to expensive for my blood at the time but it does sound good. Anyway that is enough rambling for one night so good night and thanks for having me.
Welcome@oom,don't wait pull the vape trigger. You'll spend no more on a mod ,tank and juice than on smokes, not to mention the health benefits a.Check on line for great deals on gear(i'm sure the forum members wouldn't mind giving a suggestion or two) You can't put this life saving decision off.Make a leap of faith.(go on line to E Fun.Top you'll find a starter kit for the price of 3or 4 packs of smokes.) Luck to ya!

Last edited:
Good evening everyone

Baie welkom @oom. If I can go from a 80 a day stinky habit to zero in quick time, you can certainly do it.
Another good starter option is the iStick 30W with the Mini Aspire Nautilus and some BVC coils.
Looking forward to hear about your journey.

Thanks @kev mac and @Andre

Unfortunately everyone is closed over the weekend but will definitely contact some of the suppliers here in SA on Monday.
I am currently living in the George area, does anyone know of a shop in or in any of the towns around George? So far my search has just got me to the little tobacco shop in the mall that sells twisps and a agent from eCiggies.

Welcome to the forum @oom

Nothing wrong with doing some research before you get stuck in. The only thing is this vaping thing takes a bit of trial and error to find the right gear for you and perhaps more importantly, the right juice.

I think the gear you mentioned and the gear @Andre recommended are all good but after trying it, you may prefer one or the other. Maybe you can go try out the Twisp Aero gear and also ask the eCiggies agent to let you try one or two options like the Nautilus Mini. That would help you a lot. As for juices, pick a few you think you would like and remember that it can take a while to find a juice you really love.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Thanks @kev mac and @Andre

Unfortunately everyone is closed over the weekend but will definitely contact some of the suppliers here in SA on Monday.
I am currently living in the George area, does anyone know of a shop in or in any of the towns around George? So far my search has just got me to the little tobacco shop in the mall that sells twisps and a agent from eCiggies.
I'm sure you'll be sorted out by the locals I live a little far to make any suggestions.lol

Hello,guys.
my name is Karida,engaged in e-cigar industry several month.
so happy joined this forum,can chating with everyone.
Hi, most welcome to the forum. You can promote hcigar here only if you are a supporting vendor. How to do that please send a PM to @Gizmo. Happy vaping.

Back