Introduce Yourselves:

Greetings ECIGSSA!

I have trawled this forum for the past month and a half, and have finally decided to register.:talking:

About a year ago I bought a Twisp and quit smoking for about 2 weeks. It just didn't do it for me, but the idea of what vaping can be was etched into my mind ever since. About a month and a half ago, I took the plunge. While in Joburg for business, I searched for something with a bit more oompff. Finally after a discussion with the guy from Orion E-juice (This must be the most passionate person I have ever spoken too), he referred me to Atomix Vapes. A Kanger Top Box mini, some Rebuilding material and R1800 later - I am off on my Vaping Journey.

The past month has been hard at times. I use to smoke 30 a day for about 5 years. The hardest part was to not light up just to check if I am still into it. This was my downfall the last time I tried to stop. Just a few deep, strong pulls on the toptank, and away went the craving. I believe I have passed the hardest part. Now I just need to keep on looking forward.

I received some Vapemail last night - RX200, Griffin RTA, Stainless Steel Wire, Hakaberry Juice and a Charger. I think I can now finally call myself a Vapist:lipssealed:. Thank you Vapor Mountain and Sir Vape. The service was just superb.

The difference between the Toptank and the Griffin is phenomenal. Clean and Crisp. I have now been smoke free for 46 days and I don't plan on ever going back.(Just to confess, I took a quick puff last week from a colleague. Let's just say that I don't understand how I could have ever done that to myself.)

I look forward to being part of the community and thank all the guys for their help up until now-even though I was hiding in the shadows. The knowledge and experience in this forum, that I have come too so often over the past month, is not easily matched.

Viva 'la Vape!:campeon:

Kind Regards,
Wrath.

Good day All

I am Johan, newish to vaping one could say.. Been a smoker for 24 years.. Got the Twisp Aero around 6 months ago, but just could not get the hang of it.. Smoked more than I vaped so was really struggling.. Colleague is an experienced vaper, and I found myself fascinated with all his gizmos and gadgets..After weeks of chatting and reading up I decided I should take the plunge and just go all in.

Ended up getting a Cuboid with a Cubis tank.. It has been almost 4 weeks now since my last ciggie. Enjoying the experience thus far(even with burning a coil or two already :blush:). Still trying to find that flavour that just works for me and trying to get the best settings for my mod. Joining here to learn more..
Welcome @Johan R ! Glad to have you on board! I imagine that if a Cuboid/Cubis combo can't convert someone then there isn't much that would! Congratulations on the stinky-freeness, it's a huge accomplishment! I also searched flavours for a long time, ended up falling in love with Vapour Mountain XXX, and haven't really tried much else since, that is my next vaping goal!

Greetings ECIGSSA!

I have trawled this forum for the past month and a half, and have finally decided to register.:talking:

About a year ago I bought a Twisp and quit smoking for about 2 weeks. It just didn't do it for me, but the idea of what vaping can be was etched into my mind ever since. About a month and a half ago, I took the plunge. While in Joburg for business, I searched for something with a bit more oompff. Finally after a discussion with the guy from Orion E-juice (This must be the most passionate person I have ever spoken too), he referred me to Atomix Vapes. A Kanger Top Box mini, some Rebuilding material and R1800 later - I am off on my Vaping Journey.

The past month has been hard at times. I use to smoke 30 a day for about 5 years. The hardest part was to not light up just to check if I am still into it. This was my downfall the last time I tried to stop. Just a few deep, strong pulls on the toptank, and away went the craving. I believe I have passed the hardest part. Now I just need to keep on looking forward.

I received some Vapemail last night - RX200, Griffin RTA, Stainless Steel Wire, Hakaberry Juice and a Charger. I think I can now finally call myself a Vapist:lipssealed:. Thank you Vapor Mountain and Sir Vape. The service was just superb.

The difference between the Toptank and the Griffin is phenomenal. Clean and Crisp. I have now been smoke free for 46 days and I don't plan on ever going back.(Just to confess, I took a quick puff last week from a colleague. Let's just say that I don't understand how I could have ever done that to myself.)

I look forward to being part of the community and thank all the guys for their help up until now-even though I was hiding in the shadows. The knowledge and experience in this forum, that I have come too so often over the past month, is not easily matched.

Kind Regards,
Wrath.
Welcome @Wrathserver ! I can totally understand where you came from! I must say, the only temptation I have had for smoking since I started vaping is to try and compare them, but having tried to quit so many times, I know my mind will try any excuse to put a ciggie in my hands, so have steered clear of it.

Some great gear you got yourself, welcome to ECIGSSA, and enjoy your stay!

Hi. My name is Adrian.

I'm a mid twenties male from the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. I started vaping for the same reason most people did: to help me get off the cigarettes. So far so good. I've been vaping for about two months now using an iJust 2 starter kit.

Welcome to the forum @Mr Tshaba (Adrian)
Congrats on giving up the stinkies for 2 months. Your lungs are likely going to thank you for this!
Enjoy your stay and all the best for your vaping journey

Good day All

I am Johan, newish to vaping one could say.. Been a smoker for 24 years.. Got the Twisp Aero around 6 months ago, but just could not get the hang of it.. Smoked more than I vaped so was really struggling.. Colleague is an experienced vaper, and I found myself fascinated with all his gizmos and gadgets..After weeks of chatting and reading up I decided I should take the plunge and just go all in.

Ended up getting a Cuboid with a Cubis tank.. It has been almost 4 weeks now since my last ciggie. Enjoying the experience thus far(even with burning a coil or two already :blush:). Still trying to find that flavour that just works for me and trying to get the best settings for my mod. Joining here to learn more..

Welcome to the forum @Johan R
Congrats on the 4 weeks ! Great achievement!!
Finding your winning juices can be a tough process but its also fun. Check out the juice reviews on this forum and try sample as many as you can. It also helps to go to a retailer where you can sample before you buy.
Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions as you go along

Greetings ECIGSSA!

Kind Regards,
Wrath.
Great intro, thank you. Most welcome to the forum. You have certainly done the hard yards. Now it is just hobby and flavour pleasure. Happy vaping.

Greetings ECIGSSA!

Kind Regards,
Wrath.

Welcome to the forum @Wrathserver and thanks for the detailed intro
Congrats on the 46 days!! That is a great achievement
The right gear and juice can make all the difference
Enjoy your stay and wishing you all the very best with your vape journey
Thanks for the kind words, we have a great place here...

Welcome @Johan R ! Glad to have you on board! I imagine that if a Cuboid/Cubis combo can't convert someone then there isn't much that would! Congratulations on the stinky-freeness, it's a huge accomplishment! I also searched flavours for a long time, ended up falling in love with Vapour Mountain XXX, and haven't really tried much else since, that is my next vaping goal!
That I must say is the one thing about Vaping that I find difficult.. You walk into that shop, and there is a million flavours... Where to start???

That I must say is the one thing about Vaping that I find difficult.. You walk into that shop, and there is a million flavours... Where to start???
Haha! It is really hard when you start, but as you go on you figure out things you don't really like and know to steer clear of them. I was adamant I would like a strawberry vape, so I kept on buying them to find the right one. Now I know it's just not my cup of tea.

Hi Guys

I've posted quite a few times here, but never introduced myself. Im 36 and from Pretoria.

As said in another thread, I was a 30 a day smoker for about 17 years. I bought a Twisp Edge last year and tried to quit, but to no avail. On 1 April I decided I wanted to give it another go and started using the Twisp again. Not long after that I decided to get a Mod with a tank and a combo was graciously pif'ed by @Chezzig. Thats when everything changed.....you just can't compare the Twisp to a Mod. I have since gotten a Dripbox and I havent touched a cig since 1 April, even though my wife smokes at home and we went out with some smokers a while back.

Cheers

P.S. The Dripbox might have ruined tanks for me

Hi Guys

I've posted quite a few times here, but never introduced myself. Im 36 and from Pretoria.

As said in another thread, I was a 30 a day smoker for about 17 years. I bought a Twisp Edge last year and tried to quit, but to no avail. On 1 April I decided I wanted to give it another go and started using the Twisp again. Not long after that I decided to get a Mod with a tank and a combo was graciously pif'ed by @Chezzig. Thats when everything changed.....you just can't compare the Twisp to a Mod. I have since gotten a Dripbox and I havent touched a cig since 1 April, even though my wife smokes at home and we went out with some smokers a while back.

Cheers

P.S. The Dripbox might have ruined tanks for me

Official welcome @PrinceVlad
Congrats on the gear and the vaping.
Re-emphasizes the difference the right gear can make on ones ability to stop the stinkies
All the best and thanks for the intro

Salutations estimable ECIGSSA members! ;)

Like many others, I've been visiting the forum rather frequently and I thought it was time to finally set up an account and contribute.
I decided a couple of years ago that I would quit smoking when I turned 25. I put down my last stinky the day before my 25th birthday last year and haven't looked back since. This was made easier by the fact that my friends and family had organised a Mini Nautilus and 30w eleaf for my birthday!

I started vaping the VapeMob "housebrand" eliquids - my favourite being vanilla. It tasted great because I hadn't tried anything else. Being a student,however, meant it was a little pricey for me. I spent the next couple of months vaping cheaper alternatives (DigiCig for one) and bought primarily from the Cock n' Bull.

The day that really changed it for me was when I ran out of coils for my Nautilus. I had a little extra cash and decided I would try out a "premium" brand from VapeMob. I walked out with a bottle of Five Pawns 'Black Flag Fallen'. Nothing will ever taste as good as Five Pawns vaped for the first time by someone who was only vaping DigiCig Vanilla!

Anyway, since then I have upgraded my gear. As it stands I have a IPV D2 - with a Griffin - and a Noisy Cricket with a Wismec Bambino thrown on.
I passed on my Mini Nautilus and eleaf to a friend who was using an old Twisp and I'm handing over my minivolt to another friend who wants to quit smoking.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings!
See you in the forums ;)

Like many others, I've been visiting the forum rather frequently and I thought it was time to finally set up an account and contribute.
I decided a couple of years ago that I would quit smoking when I turned 25. I put down my last stinky the day before my 25th birthday last year and haven't looked back since. This was made easier by the fact that my friends and family had organised a Mini Nautilus and 30w eleaf for my birthday!

I started vaping the VapeMob "housebrand" eliquids - my favourite being vanilla. It tasted great because I hadn't tried anything else. Being a student,however, meant it was a little pricey for me. I spent the next couple of months vaping cheaper alternatives (DigiCig for one) and bought primarily from the Cock n' Bull.

The day that really changed it for me was when I ran out of coils for my Nautilus. I had a little extra cash and decided I would try out a "premium" brand from VapeMob. I walked out with a bottle of Five Pawns 'Black Flag Fallen'. Nothing will ever taste as good as Five Pawns vaped for the first time by someone who was only vaping DigiCig Vanilla!

Anyway, since then I have upgraded my gear. As it stands I have a IPV D2 - with a Griffin - and a Noisy Cricket with a Wismec Bambino thrown on.
I passed on my Mini Nautilus and eleaf to a friend who was using an old Twisp and I'm handing over my minivolt to another friend who wants to quit smoking.

See you in the forums ;)
Most welcome to the forum. Awesome to see you are paying vaping forward. Black Flag is one of my all time favourites. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure. Pity they have discontinued it. Happy vaping.

See you in the forums ;)
Great intro!

Firstly well done for kicking the habit! Not an easy thing to do (until you try vaping, then it's a breeze ;) ) I couldn't imagine being a vaper on a student budget, but in saying that, I think I'm broker now than I ever was as a student! The first juice you "vape properly" will always hold a special place in your heart, I just found out the one I used (was given as a gift from a vendor) is now available for sale, now I'm just trying to figure out if it is best left the way it was in my head, or if I should try it again!

Hi Guys,

Been hooked to this forum for a few weeks now but never introduced myself, I am 33 from Johannesburg. Been off ciggies for nearly 2 months now. Starting off vaping with a twisp and eventually upgraded to a Cuboid and TFV4 for my first rig and loving it!, its become more of a hobby than helping me break the habit.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Been hooked to this forum for a few weeks now but never introduced myself, I am 33 from Johannesburg. Been off ciggies for nearly 2 months now. Starting off vaping with a twisp and eventually upgraded to a Cuboid and TFV4 for my first rig and loving it!, its become more of a hobby than helping me break the habit.

Cheers
Welcome @KDB ! The Cuboid and TFV4 makes for a great combination. You are right, it becomes more of a hobby than anything else, so it's great in replacing the nicotine, but also keeping your mind occupied! Glad you took the time to introduce yourself, always nice when a lurker takes the plunge into our pit of vaping blasphemy!
:firedevil:

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Belated welcome @KDB
Congrats on the nearly 2 months off stinkies!!! That is just marvellous.
Enjoy your stay here

Hi, like others, I pretty much abused this forum as a lurker whilst searching for the right kit to buy, at first all the acronyms seemed daunting, but that quickly faded.

Been off cigarettes since December 2015, haven't looked back, and after trying many a cheap vape pen and twisp, finally bought myself the Sigelei 75W Limited edition kit with the Ares Tank. And have already plodded through a lot of juices, at the moment, still trying to figure out my newly acquired Serpent tank...

Edit: 35 years old from JHB

Hi, like others, I pretty much abused this forum as a lurker whilst searching for the right kit to buy, at first all the acronyms seemed daunting, but that quickly faded.

Been off cigarettes since December 2015, haven't looked back, and after trying many a cheap vape pen and twisp, finally bought myself the Sigelei 75W Limited edition kit with the Ares Tank. And have already plodded through a lot of juices, at the moment, still trying to figure out my newly acquired Serpent tank...

Edit: 35 years old from JHB

hey @yobbo
welcome to the forum and out of the shadows.....

the serpent tank takes a bit getting used to with its offcentre build deck, but once you get the hang of building on it its rather simple.

Hey guys, I'm from Pretoria, been vaping now for two months and haven't looked back. (Kind of gotten a bit carried away!) started with the ijust 2 kit, and within a week got myself the joy tech evic Vic mini! And I love it.
Still trying to find my fav juice.
Anyway, awesome forms/site happy to be here!

Hey guys, I'm from Pretoria, been vaping now for two months and haven't looked back. (Kind of gotten a bit carried away!) started with the ijust 2 kit, and within a week got myself the joy tech evic Vic mini! And I love it.
Still trying to find my fav juice.
Anyway, awesome forms/site happy to be here!
Most welcome to the forum. Trust me, you have not gotten carried away - just look at the vape mail thread to see. Try this thread for some suggestions on juices - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/top-of-the-top-best-of-the-best-local-juice-2016-result.t22369/
Happy vaping.

Hi I'm Zico from Virginia (Near Welkom) in the Free State.
Been vaping for just about 2 & a half years now. Used to smoke a pack a day but reduced to 3 stinkies a day (after meals) for about 18 months once I started vaping.. Started vaping with the twisp which i received as a gift... Moved onto the Kangertech tanks, wicking my own coils & am currently vaping on a ELeaf Melo 2 tank.
I've since started a little e-ciggie counter about 2 years ago to subsidise my vaping habit. I initially stocked the Liqua juice range. I now retail some of my DIY range as well as Voodoo & NDP.
My DIY journey began 8 months ago... started with single flavour mixing. Been trying clone recipes for the past month now & really appreciate the efforts of those who share their experiences on this forum.
Switching to vaping was the best thing ever!

Back