Kayfun Virgin

Me be no virgin no more

28g kanthal, 10/11 wraps on 1.4mm ID. Came out at 1.4ohms filled with VM Choc Mint

View attachment 5616 View attachment 5617

Beautiful coiling @BhavZ. Way to go!

You know what I'm gonna ask next right. You know I need to know this. Who vapes better? Miss Aqua or Miss Kayfun? But take some time to perfect the Kayfun and find your sweet spot before you tell us.

Oh and if you ever get unexpected dry hits take a look at this thread. Those vertical juice channels aren't quite as small as @Tornalca's was, but they do seem to be on the smallish side. Just a precaution, I'm sure it performs well.

You know what I'm gonna ask next right. You know I need to know this. Who vapes better? Miss Aqua or Miss Kayfun? But take some time to perfect the Kayfun and find your sweet spot before you tell us.

Oh and if you ever get unexpected dry hits take a look at this thread. Those vertical juice channels aren't quite as small as @Tornalca's was, but they do seem to be on the smallish side. Just a precaution, I'm sure it performs well.

I lay my cotton in those channels up to the coil. It stops flooding and dry hits. I did this since i had my kayfun and never have i had a dry hit or slurpy. (touch wood)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Reinvanhardt, I will spend some quality time with Miss Kayfun (being careful not to make Miss Aqua jealous) and report back on findings an opinions.

Thanks for the tip on the dry hit. I finished a tank last night and fortunately no leaking or dry hits, will most likely go through another tank today and see if I have any issues.

They are the best thing since coffee!

Well if you combine the kayfun with some coffee juice then you have a match made in heaven

I lay my cotton in those channels up to the coil. It stops flooding and dry hits. I did this since i had my kayfun and never have i had a dry hit or slurpy. (touch wood)

Will give that a try if I get any dry hits before sending her off for surgery.

So got a few dry hits yesterday, filed the vertical channels a bit, seems to be wicking better but still getting a few dry hits.

When wicking should the cotton be tight in the coil or should it be able to slide in and out of the coil?

I am thinking I may need to file that channel a bit more but don't wanna cause flooding. Any suggestions welcome

Sent from deep within a vape cloud

Sacrilege! Nothing is better than Coffee :eek:
That is sacrilege lol.. Thinking that coffee is better than vaping.. If vaping isn't the best thing in the world you don't have enough gear ;)

That is sacrilege lol.. Thinking that coffee is better than vaping.. If vaping isn't the best thing in the world you don't have enough gear ;)

Lol. Read the last line as "don't have enough beer"

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So got a few dry hits yesterday, filed the vertical channels a bit, seems to be wicking better but still getting a few dry hits.

When wicking should the cotton be tight in the coil or should it be able to slide in and out of the coil?

I am thinking I may need to file that channel a bit more but don't wanna cause flooding. Any suggestions welcome

Having a look at your pics, the juice channels on the deck look very tiny, almost like they weren't machined properly. Unless it's just the photo.

Having a look at your pics, the juice channels on the deck look very tiny, almost like they weren't machined properly. Unless it's just the photo.
The horizontal channels are deep, but the vertical ones which feed the wick were pretty tiny when I got it so filed it out a bit. I think that I need to file it more.

This is what it looks like now:
eqady8u8.jpg

amynated.jpg

The horizontal channels are deep, but the vertical ones which feed the wick were pretty tiny when I got it so filed it out a bit. I think that I need to file it more.

eqady8u8.jpg

amynated.jpg

I thought you were poping around this morning

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

eqady8u8.jpg

amynated.jpg

those look ok.. The way you have it wicked now, is the way it was intended by svoemesto, but that was for a silica wick. With cotton, all you need is the wick going through the coil, and going str8 down just lightly touching the deck.
something like this pic I found on google.
Step11a_zps71d61eb0.jpg
??
I also find it better to have the coil lined up with the juice channels.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

It will never beat the Aqua:D.
I have to agree with you on that.. The aqua is an amazing device and still currently my go to especially with a pmma tank

Back