Kayfun 3.1 Clone Juice Channel Issue

Tornalca

Tech Junky / Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
So I have a bit of an issue. My second Kayfun Clone has been giving me dry hits.

After trying some recommendations form guys at Vape meet I thought it was fixed. I have discovered the problem.

The juice channels on the chimney section is too shallow. My technical ability to fix this is not great and I also do not have the tools.

Below the photo of the the 2 clones (Left one juice channel to shallow), right one working like a boss.

20140409_123605.jpg

What would be the best way to go about this?

So I have a bit of an issue. My second Kayfun Clone has been giving me dry hits.

After trying some recommendations form guys at Vape meet I thought it was fixed. I have discovered the problem.

The juice channels on the chimney section is too shallow. My technical ability to fix this is not great and I also do not have the tools.

Below the photo of the the 2 clones (Left one juice channel to shallow), right one working like a boss.

View attachment 3583

What would be the best way to go about this?
Wow, that channel going up is almost non existing! I will also have to say some dremel tool.

Wow, that channel going up is almost non existing! I will also have to say some dremel tool.

Both sides, almost like they went on lunch before they completed it.

Both sides, almost like they went on lunch before they completed it.
That one was made on a Friday :D
If you the handyman type do yourself a favour and invest in a dremel you'll thank us later its such a versatile tool.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I picked up a brand new tork set last week for R200 bucks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

If only for this, go to China Mall and buy a cheap knock-off instead of Dremel

this is the one I got
y9a5epad.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Will pick one up and have logged a query with FastTech.

Hopefully after this I will have a spare fixed base, new tools and working clone.

I just dont know what is for what. lol. I did do this tho with the tork set
uvavegu6.jpg

Managed to source a dremel tool and also got a response form FT

"Sorry for the issue. We will work on to improve the quality control process.

We have put the replacement deck to your new order, please do not worry."

Will fix it this weekend and post a new photo.

awesome news

Yes I agree, Dremel is the way to go. But you ideally need a way to secure the base in a vice or something so it doesn't hop around when you cut it. That stainless is not that soft and easy to work with.

Also be very careful the tool doesnt slip and cut into the threads. If you damage the threads the chimney may not fit on easily or at all.

Agree with devdev, get some "bulls milk" from your local machine / engineering shop to keep the cutting surface lubed, so much easier to cut and you won't have to go through 100 grinding stones / cutting bits @Tornalca

I actually saw a small container of cutting fluid at my local builders warehouse a weekend or two ago. Johan is spot on, will make cutting much easier if the tool and material are well lubed up.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

No such thing as too much lube

(Witness the thread about to derail folks)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

MECHANIC'S LUBE

How do you know a mechanic just got lucky?

One of his fingers is clean.

Back