Kylin Mini RTA - Single Coil

hi @Max - I'm sure vandy vape would have taken the necessary measures to make sure this tank doesn't have the issues like the original Kylin, considering the backlash from the community. No guarentees though, let's wait and see. It looks promising :)

So would I - but can’t say much - I haven’t had a Vandy Vape Kylin - just their Vape Pulse RDA 22mm - and until we know when this will possibly be available - I’m sure the discussion will warm up quickly :clap::clap::clap:

One of the international vendors had a advert for it. Looks promising. Just wonder what the airflow is like. Looks like it could be a wind tunnel.

Vaping with Vic rated it as best single coil RTA so far ..... I think the new halfpipe airflow is a winner as the air is hitting the coil from all sides and then up through the chamber. Wicking seems to be the tricky part ......

Watch this _______ for an upcoming review on my channel ....

Ordered mine last night.... anxiously awaiting delivery.

The Kylin was probably my favourite RTA ever. Recently upgraded to a Reload while waiting for this to land.

Very excited as I am going back to higher ohms and lower wattage and this may well be the "one"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got mine this morning and @BigGuy told me that it would be a winner so I popped in a 3mm Fused Clapton, wicked it up and put it on top of the Gold HCigar Warwolf!

Typical packaging and I also put the bubble tank on because juice capacity rules and I think it looks awesome!
KylinMini 003.JPG

Thjought I would need my tri tool goodie but it turns out that the grab screws are Philips Screws. Win!
KylinMini 004.JPG

Fitting the coil was simple!
KylinMini 005.JPG KylinMini 006.JPG

Wicking is also pretty simple.
KylinMini 007.JPG KylinMini 008.JPG

Boom! Piece of cake!
KylinMini 009.JPG KylinMini 011.JPG

My 28 watts at 0.68Ω and what's the initial verdict? RIght away the flavour is on point and it leaves the Blitzen, Bravo and Pharaoh in the dust!
KylinMini 012.JPG

If it doesn't leak like it's useless predecessor (and I'm sure they would never make that mistake twice) then this is gonna be a winner!

Got mine this morning and @BigGuy told me that it would be a winner so I popped in a 3mm Fused Clapton, wicked it up and put it on top of the Gold HCigar Warwolf!

Typical packaging and I also put the bubble tank on because juice capacity rules and I think it looks awesome!
View attachment 121361

Thjought I would need my tri tool goodie but it turns out that the grab screws are Philips Screws. Win!
View attachment 121362

View attachment 121363 View attachment 121364

View attachment 121365 View attachment 121366

Boom! Piece of cake!
View attachment 121367 View attachment 121368

My 28 watts at 0.68Ω and what's the initial verdict? RIght away the flavour is on point and it leaves the Blitzen, Bravo and Pharaoh in the dust!
View attachment 121369

If it doesn't leak like it's useless predecessor (and I'm sure they would never make that mistake twice) then this is gonna be a winner!

Thats the review I was looking for..

Now just have to wait for Februworry to pass so I can grab one.

View attachment 121361

View attachment 121362

View attachment 121363 View attachment 121364

View attachment 121365 View attachment 121366

Boom! Piece of cake!
View attachment 121367 View attachment 121368

View attachment 121369

Please report back if you notice any leaking/major condensation.
This is the RTA i been waiting for but I'm not spending R550 for a RTA that leaks like its predecessor.

The airflow design is whats got me all excited, it hits the coil throughout the entire bottom and aparently attys with a mesh design also provide a super smooth vape.

Holding out for another 2 or 3 weeks for more long term reviews before i jump at it, but i am super excited and really hoping its gonna be a winner.

Thanks for the initial thoughts uncle @Rob Fisher

This is the RTA i been waiting for but I'm not spending R550 for a RTA that leaks like its predecessor.

The airflow design is whats got me all excited, it hits the coil throughout the entire bottom and aparently attys with a mesh design also provide a super smooth vape.

Holding out for another 2 or 3 weeks for more long term reviews before i jump at it, but i am super excited and really hoping its gonna be a winner.

Will do @Clouds4Days! So far it's as dry as a bone and half a tank gone!

KylinMini 016.JPG

Vaping with Vic did a review on it , said wicking was difficult .....

Thanks for the first impressions oom @Rob Fisher.. You mention that it is better the Blitzen, Bravo and Pharaoh.. What about the Zeus?

So been vaping mine for a few hours now, my thoughts on the Kylin Mini:

Flavour: Amazing super crisp clean flavour with just enough density. Better than any single out there which I have tried. I prefer it to my SMM by a long mile and dare I say, its right up there with the Reload!

Clouds: If you got to ask, its not for you!

Wicking: super easy, i just did this once so may have just got lucky

Deck: New Honeycomb style. Easy to build but I did not the legs of the coil twisting. Only single coil.

Airflow: Too much for me to handle, very very smooth. I like it over half way closed. The airflow does make puffing a bit loud but not unbearably so.

I noted that the glass seems quite fragile, especially the bubble 5ml glass.

It comes with 2 drip tips, a 2ml & 5ml glass, rings and a coil

The elephant in the room....Does it leak?....Nope, not at all.... well not yet anyways!

In short, I am in love with the thing!!!

Back