Kylin Mini RTA - Single Coil

hi @Waine keen on the Blitzen, any leaks ?

Hi there

Zero leaks. Very airy. A bit finicky with all the parts, and a special way to put it together again. The normal glass tank is far too tiny, so you are almost forced into using the bubble. Having said that, it delivers a super vape, pops the fruity icy flavors exceedingly well for me. I like the post less deck but the screws are so friggin tiny! Overall, though, not a bad tank at all. It is certainly worth having one, and yes, I would recommend it.

Hi there

Zero leaks. Very airy. A bit finicky with all the parts, and a special way to put it together again. The normal glass tank is far too tiny, so you are almost forced into using the bubble. Having said that, it delivers a super vape, pops the fruity icy flavors exceedingly well for me. I like the post less deck but the screws are so friggin tiny! Overall, though, not a bad tank at all. It is certainly worth having one, and yes, I would recommend it.

hi @Waine thanks for the feedback, basically after a good dual coil option rta, thus the question. Any others you can recommend perhaps ?

apologies for going off OP (perhaps pm me)

So a bit of an update on the Kylin mini.
Rebuilt it with some Geekvape fused Clapton wire. 3.5 id coil at around 0.64 ohms. I have the same build in my OBS Nano and the flavor and cloud production is similar. Clouds might bit a bit denser from the Kylin.

As for the issue with the chimney fitting over the build deck it seems that the plate with the honeycomb holes protrude just enough for it to catch on the chimney.

The pic below is not mine but give you an idea what I'm talking about. Wondering if I should take a small file to it or just get the vendor to replace it.

kylin.png

So a bit of an update on the Kylin mini.
Rebuilt it with some Geekvape fused Clapton wire. 3.5 id coil at around 0.64 ohms. I have the same build in my OBS Nano and the flavor and cloud production is similar. Clouds might bit a bit denser from the Kylin.

As for the issue with the chimney fitting over the build deck it seems that the plate with the honeycomb holes protrude just enough for it to catch on the chimney.

The pic below is not mine but give you an idea what I'm talking about. Wondering if I should take a small file to it or just get the vendor to replace it.

View attachment 122809
I will take it to the vendor first. As soon as you fiddling and it doesn't work they will deem the warranty void.

Unfortunately it's from a vendor in another provinse so will get hold of them in the week :(

So far.......I'm not impressed. I tried 3 different coils on it. Tried different heights of the coils (not much room to play there) and I find the flavor muted at best. Doesn't even come close to my Reload RTA's flavor. No leaks, that's a plus, but my Reloads don't leak as well (when wicked correctly). I don't know. I'll give it another week, but first impressions last as they say.

So after cutting coil it came with too short I had to throw it away :( and use one of my Demon Killer stapled clapton coils. Once coiled I wicked it with some Cotton Candy Collection. I had wicked in using the same technique as the KYLIN and AMMIT 25 and immediately got massive sptiback. Second time round and it was much of the same story, spitting for days. I then took an change and decided not to trim the wick, shove it in the chamber and force the top cap over it.

Not a single dry hit, leak (it even passed the overnight test) and whilst noisy the best flavour from an RTA I've ever experienced (chucks a decent cloud too). After trying it, my friend (that owns a Kensei and a Zeus) said he felt robbed. This tank has exceeded all my expectations, so much so I actually haven't picked up my squonker since I've got it. Great product. :campeon:

I see a number of Kylin Mini's up for sale. Is the hype over?

I see a number of Kylin Mini's up for sale. Is the hype over?

I think guys are just moving on , or bought into the hype and moving on .... :p

Personally I'd like to try one to curb my own curiosity .....

Not getting rid of mine as yet, but the Zeus for me beats it hands down.

meh got the Aqua Reboot incoming so the need is subsided for now ......

Back