Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

I have the Ammit dual and it's really great. It does sweat a little but it doesn't leak at all. I'd recommend it over the Kylin - AND its relatively well priced.

IMG_4329.JPG

I am a fair guy. I won't diss the Kylin anymore. So, here is a pic of it in action with the yellow Pre cut tampons. It works like a charm. I cut about 20.

Regarding my scissors. I have three of these used only for cotton and vaping.

I'm happily puffing on the Kylin before the rugby.

Edit

I cannot fault the Kylin except for the leaking. But as I always say, I like a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Waine

What Fabric did you make the "Tampons" out of?

Well what can I say. It seems that they didn't take into account the large tank and pressure.
I got hold of Vandy vape. Showed my leak and all info they wanted..
They promptly replied and are sending a new one. Brilliant service.

Is it just me, but on large tank mode... You look at it and wonder, heck that's a lot of juice

View attachment 99253

I am a fair guy. I won't diss the Kylin anymore. So, here is a pic of it in action with the yellow Pre cut tampons. It works like a charm. I cut about 20.

Regarding my scissors. I have three of these used only for cotton and vaping.

I'm happily puffing on the Kylin before the rugby.

Edit

I cannot fault the Kylin except for the leaking. But as I always say, I like a challenge.

What did u use for the tampons?

What did u use for the tampons?

I used a thin yellow absorbent cloth. Using a 50c piece as my template, I cut some then cut a hole in the centre for the 510 pin to fit through.

Works like a charm. If you enlarge the pic you can see a tiny piece of the yellow cloth.

Thanks to you @Waine I also cut out some "cloth spacers" and so far so good I would say - except for the spacers ending up with the threaded side of the 510 pin its working well I would say !

c8eeed57bf26b98553a56dacf1249692.jpg

Here are the results of the "cloth spacers". Success! @DirtyD . Cut the hole bigger to prevent the 510 from catching on it.

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

I can't believe you guys are preserving with this issue... for me the gorge is calling... and I'm one of the lucky ones that got one that didn't leak from the 510. :eek:

I can't believe you guys are preserving with this issue... for me the gorge is calling... and I'm one of the lucky ones that got one that didn't leak from the 510. :eek:

We're all not HE ballers to simply chuck R500 into a ravine.

Also awaiting my replacement deck from vandy vape

We're all not HE ballers to simply chuck R500 into a ravine.

Also awaiting my replacement deck from vandy vape

I am also awaiting my replacement deck from vandyvape, received the tracking number earlier this morning, I have to say the tank has awesome flavour but revision 1 leaks like a bloody colander

Hey guys,

Anyone managed to successfully track their post from vandy?

I get an error in the tracking number provided.

Has anyone been able to confirm if any of the Kylins do not leak?
If all of them leak, they're as good as a paper weight.

Has anyone been able to confirm if any of the Kylins do not leak?
If all of them leak, they're as good as a paper weight.

1st release leaks due to the split pin, rev 2 and rev 3 don't leak at all besides sweating due to the split pin being replaced with a single pin

Split pin or solid pin both leak/condensation
I got both 8 in total. and all of them do it.

Do you re use and wash them or do you cut a few and use one per day ?

I use one per day. Then throw it away. The cloth is cheap - nice and absorbent. It is the only solution to my Kylin leaking dilemma.

Just reporting back.

I recieved my new Kylin Deck from vandy capes(eventually after 2 and a half months)
And no more leaking.

Coiled and wicked exact same way as my old deck so its confirmed that some of the first few decks were duds.

If yours is one of those duds contact vandy vapes via email and they will sort you out. (Im not sure what time frame there warranty period is)

I was disapointes about the leaking but vandy vapes were very helpful and i will definetly buy from there product range again because of great customer service.

Just reporting back.

I recieved my new Kylin Deck from vandy capes(eventually after 2 and a half months)
And no more leaking.

Coiled and wicked exact same way as my old deck so its confirmed that some of the first few decks were duds.

If yours is one of those duds contact vandy vapes via email and they will sort you out. (Im not sure what time frame there warranty period is)

I was disapointes about the leaking but vandy vapes were very helpful and i will definetly buy from there product range again because of great customer service.

Mine has yet to arrive.

Mine has yet to arrive.

Yeah they sent deck via china post. Mine shipped end may and only arrived last week.

Im just glad i have a atty i can actually use now.
Kylin still produces one of the best flavours on a dual coil for me.

Yeah they sent deck via china post. Mine shipped end may and only arrived last week.

Im just glad i have a atty i can actually use now.
Kylin still produces one of the best flavours on a dual coil for me.

Sad thing is I cannot find my receipt when I bought my Kylin RTA - now they don't want to send me one until I get it :(

Sad thing is I cannot find my receipt when I bought my Kylin RTA - now they don't want to send me one until I get it :(

Who doesnt wanna send you a new base bud? Are you dealing direct with vandy vapes? I did and vandy vapes never asked me for a recipt.

Back