Limitless RDTA No joy in coils

boxerulez

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Guys

2 Months in and I am yet to find a decent vape in my limitless rdta.

Luckily I have the Theorem with a notch as well as an XL tank keeping me going.

Attached see my last build. In the past i have done kanthal 26g twisted... tried the stock coils that cane with the rdta...now using, or trying to, twisted ss clapton from geekvape.

Built a dual 2.5mm id spaced coil. Wicking with Kendo Gold... before I tried Bacon V2 ... always the same.

Muted flavour verging on burnt taste but cannot be dry hit as I keep a close eye on saturation amd always look nice and wet.

0e19c1c12339bdce8360c279ed241439.jpg
《《Here my current build.

1218089fe0391cd4d26318a20fbe394a.jpg
》》 Past build for reference.

4a8e353c724ec033f93697531dc90e42.jpg
》》 Old twosted Kanthal build.

Please critique and advise me guys. Is it my wicking? My coils?

I always dryburn before wicking. Bought the ss twisted clapton to try it under TC and still no joy.

Notes...my 510 was overtightened and snapped off inside... lucky had a spare. managed to trim the thread and screw the spare pin back into my rdta. Would this affect my experience.

Because of this situation my 510pin sits virtually flush with outer so rdta does not read on my rx... can only run it on my Koopor plus 200w.

As I say i have tried TC as low as 100 then i get almost no cloud with bland vape...almost no flavour...
up to 310deg i just get burnt taste...

In wattage mode I tried between 40w and 100w with varying results.

None favourable.

Please HELP me.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

How far do your wicks go down the channel?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

How far do your wicks go down the channel?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I have tried just below build deck...

Top of glass tube

halfway down glass tube with thinned ends currently and still no luck.

Sometimes I have wicked too thin and at this times I get some flavour but way wayyy too much spitback to enjoy the vape.

Specially with the small chamber the spitback is boiling hot.

Do you have any regular A1 Kanthal ? Like 26g

Do a simple 8 wrap around a 3mm id

For the wicking you need to take a cotton bacon bundle and then snip off about a thumbs length.

Then split the bundle into 2, then take 1 piece and split it again into 2 and take 1 piece and split it again, you will use the final 2 pieces of cotton. (you need basically be splitting it into an 8th)

It seems like a little but it's the perfect amount for 3mm.

Keep it staight and roll up one end to pull through your coils. Once through then pull it evenly and turn cotton till it's evenly spaced through the coil.

Trim the ends at 45 degree and push down into the chamber. It shouldn't be thick and need not touch the base. I usually have it hover about 1-2mm

Then start to Vape around 40w and up it till you get to 60w.

Do you have any regular A1 Kanthal ? Like 26g

Do a simple 8 wrap around a 3mm id

For the wicking you need to take a cotton bacon bundle and then snip off about a thumbs length.

Then split the bundle into 2, then take 1 piece and split it again into 2 and take 1 piece and split it again, you will use the final 2 pieces of cotton. (you need basically be splitting it into an 8th)

It seems like a little but it's the perfect amount for 3mm.

Keep it staight and roll up one end to pull through your coils. Once through then pull it evenly and turn cotton till it's evenly spaced through the coil.

Trim the ends at 45 degree and push down into the chamber. It shouldn't be thick and need not touch the base. I usually have it hover about 1-2mm

Then start to Vape around 40w and up it till you get to 60w.
Will clean my atty now and try a build like that. Spaced or tight wrap?

I can't tell from the angles, but may be your coils are too far from the centre, I'd try a bigger ID I usually dont go smaller than 3mm in my LMC and put them closer to the centre.. I usually fluff out my tails then cut them about 1.5/2 mm below the build deck you shouldn't be able to see them through the glass. Once they're primed and you put the filling ring back on, try to poke little spaces around the side of the cotton in the wicking holes.

Looks good, Post a pic of the wick length
Well i skipped a step in the photo story.

Wick is about 2-3mm below build deck and same distance above top of glass.

2ea0a14d10d0730f8837c8f862b9fbc8.jpg

I can't tell from the angles, but may be your coils are too far from the centre, I'd try a bigger ID I usually dont go smaller than 3mm in my LMC and put them closer to the centre.. I usually fluff out my tails then cut them about 1.5/2 mm below the build deck you shouldn't be able to see them through the glass. Once they're primed and you put the filling ring back on, try to poke little spaces around the side of the cotton in the wicking holes.

Looks good, Post a pic of the wick length

I usually cut mine right at the top of the glass, currently have twisted coils and 2.5mm ID

Well. I popped some cream soda float.

No spitback. Lots of flavour and man the flavour. I havent tried this juice since I got rid of my Triton tank... and its a different beast on this build.

Quite a bit of throat hit in fact.

Oh and by the way I went 8 wraps on 3mm screwdriver dual.

0.54ohm

What should my next wire be? Rather go up to 24ga A1 or can i use the clapton to get this type of quality vape?

I bought my RDTA at vapecon 3 tanks already through it dam thing is thirsty. Running 3mm Alien wicked just to below the glass kinda thick nice and sturdy and I have no issues what so ever vaping at 90 watts coming in at 0.20 ohms and I love it.

Last edited:
Well. I popped some cream soda float.

No spitback. Lots of flavour and man the flavour. I havent tried this juice since I got rid of my Triton tank... and its a different beast on this build.

Quite a bit of throat hit in fact.

Oh and by the way I went 8 wraps on 3mm screwdriver dual.

0.54ohm

What should my next wire be? Rather go up to 24ga A1 or can i use the clapton to get this type of quality vape?

24g is my personal favourite for tanks

Clapton wire is good but I find with these tanks I prefer to change out coils every few days for a crisp clean taste . with 24g wire it's cheap and easy to rebuild each day

Hey guys.

Like @boxerulez, im also battlijg to get this amazing flavor. But i use an avo24.

Would the same build yield good results on the avo?

Ive tried claptons so far and ss 24ga single strand. I have 26ga kanthal a1.

@boxerulez my apologies for hijacking your thread

This is a simple standard build I like to use for testing out ANYTHING

Guys

Attached see my last build. In the past i have done kanthal 26g twisted... tried the stock coils that cane with the rdta...now using, or trying to, twisted ss clapton from geekvape.

Built a dual 2.5mm id spaced coil. Wicking with Kendo Gold... before I tried Bacon V2 ... always the same.

Muted flavour verging on burnt taste but cannot be dry hit as I keep a close eye on saturation amd always look nice and wet.

《《Here my current build.

I always dryburn before wicking. Bought the ss twisted clapton to try it under TC and still no joy.

Notes...my 510 was overtightened and snapped off inside... lucky had a spare. managed to trim the thread and screw the spare pin back into my rdta. Would this affect my experience.

Because of this situation my 510pin sits virtually flush with outer so rdta does not read on my rx... can only run it on my Koopor plus 200w.

As I say i have tried TC as low as 100 then i get almost no cloud with bland vape...almost no flavour...

None favourable.

Please HELP me.

I have exactly the same issue. Tastes like I have cotton in my mouth discusting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

same here.
bought an AVO 24 at vape con and one of those ring tubs with all sort of epic coils, claptons, aliens, twisted that spider that ect.
used a alien claptop, and the flavor was meh. plus the vape was so hot and i burt my lips from time to time.
cleaned it out and was ready to sell it.

then i decided to build what i use in my subtank mini.
24g 2.5mm ID, 5/6 wraps. spaced.

and boom full on flavour, decent hit. :)
e4785861826588e12b514fd4e8d3aeae.jpg

also bought my limitless rdta at vapecon and no issues thus far , using the stock coils and took it up to 135w no dry hits just thick dense clouds

same here.
bought an AVO 24 at vape con and one of those ring tubs with all sort of epic coils, claptons, aliens, twisted that spider that ect.
used a alien claptop, and the flavor was meh. plus the vape was so hot and i burt my lips from time to time.
cleaned it out and was ready to sell it.

then i decided to build what i use in my subtank mini.
24g 2.5mm ID, 5/6 wraps. spaced.

and boom full on flavour, decent hit. :)
e4785861826588e12b514fd4e8d3aeae.jpg

missed you at vapecon bud

missed you at vapecon bud
dude, it felt like i missed the entire vapecon :p
i took some friends with, but with all the judging, i realized i spent about 1hr with them, and didn't see half to cool stuff at vapecon.

i just bought my normal monthly juice and the avo, cotton and so.

i only heard about the cool stuff from my friends afterwards, like the coffin with cigarettes in...

Guys

《《Here my current build.

None favourable.

Please HELP me.

Hi boxerulez

I have attached the build that im running in my RDTA +.

Im vaping at 165w+ without a dry hit. you will see that i lift and fold a bit of the wick under the coil to help with the vapour.
I also thine out the ends that go in the tank for better juice flow, this helps when vaping at high watts. will post some more pics when i re-wick it again.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.19.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.19.40 PM.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 50
  • WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.20.29 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.20.29 PM.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 47
  • WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.17.51 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.17.51 PM.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 46
  • WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 12.18.13 PM.jpeg