Limitless RDTA No joy in coils

So I had the same issue with this rdta until I came across alien claptons...
Got me the wire shots at The Vape Shop for R100.00 x 10 shots. Played around with the shots and made me a 4 wrap at 0.21 ohms at 3mm if I remember correct. All I can say is wow wow wow. Flavour and clouds at its best. I was hitting it at 130w with no dry hits at all.
I kept the coils nice and close together and primed the cotton prior to vaping. I primed the coils a bit as well.
I will look for a picture of the build with the cotton and post it later.

Doesn't it burn your lips ?

At 60w my tank is very hot after 3 or 4 Vapes....

Then you need to have more airflow to cool it down when you vape. If you are getting a dry hit with max airflow, then it means that you coil is not getting enough liquid when you vape. This is why i thin of the ends on the wick to help with juice flow.

So I had the same issue with this rdta until I came across alien claptons...
Got me the wire shots at The Vape Shop for R100.00 x 10 shots. Played around with the shots and made me a 4 wrap at 0.21 ohms at 3mm if I remember correct. All I can say is wow wow wow. Flavour and clouds at its best. I was hitting it at 130w with no dry hits at all.
I kept the coils nice and close together and primed the cotton prior to vaping. I primed the coils a bit as well.
I will look for a picture of the build with the cotton and post it later.

if you like the Alien claptons, you must try the alien and the Fused clapton with 5 wrap @ 3mm get 0.13. AWESOME flavour and big clouds :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 1.50.03 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-08-29 at 1.50.03 PM.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 50
Doesn't it burn your lips ?

At 60w my tank is very hot after 3 or 4 Vapes....

airflow wide open , 1 to 2 second bursts and my lungs are full to capacity with vapour . I have finished a tank in under 10 minutes at this wattage .
at 50w i am able to take 5/6 sec draws with the airflow halfway closed and the juice consumption is not so bad

What you battling with man?

Lol, where to start...

So I started vaping with an ijust 2. Nice cool vape with awsome flavour. I decided to upgraded as the ijust tend to leak and the 'mod' had to be replaced twice due to the button getting stuck.

So I got a Rx200s with a limited plus. Also have 30/24 Clapton wire and Bacon cotton.

I tried various builds with the above. The vape is either very hot with dencent flavour or cool with no flavour at all.

I also have a Simba tank - but the pre-build ceramic coils are hard to come buy apparently.

So, now, My R2500 worth of kit is gathering dust and I'm back to using the stuffed ijust.

That's the short version.

Lol, where to start...

So I started vaping with an ijust 2. Nice cool vape with awsome flavour. I decided to upgraded as the ijust tend to leak and the 'mod' had to be replaced twice due to the button getting stuck.

So I got a Rx200s with a limited plus. Also have 30/24 Clapton wire and Bacon cotton.

I tried various builds with the above. The vape is either very hot with dencent flavour or cool with no flavour at all.

I also have a Simba tank - but the pre-build ceramic coils are hard to come buy apparently.

So, now, My R2500 worth of kit is gathering dust and I'm back to using the stuffed ijust.

That's the short version.
Read up the advice I recieved. Back to basics. Get some A1 26 or 24ga. Build dual .5 or lower and enjoy.

Work your way up to higher watts to get used to warmer vape and then try the claptons and twisteds etc.

Saved my Limitless' life in my vapebox. Was ready to pass it on to someone else and revert to Subohm tank ...

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

This is my 3day old build on the Plus, twisted and fused Clapton @.20ohm, mellow vape at 60W:
image.jpeg

@boxerulez Would you mind showing the build you have on it now? spaced or compact coils? and by the way have any of you do single coils builds in the rdta plus with some good ?
77cb78cd7f70f7224c426cc1dda62a4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Im using the fused and alien Clapton 0.45ohm coils on both side. the build come to 0.12ohm, which is low :), but if i want a cool vape, i would vape at about 85w-95w. i normally vape between 155w and 175w with that build. But like what @boxerulez said ''Work your way up to higher watts to get used to warmer vape'' lots of flavour and clouds. i build the wife Tornado RDTA with just a dual Alien Clapton, cause she also does not like the hot vape, she vapes at about 75w-85w max, and it is still a nice cool vape. Oh both of use are using the RX200

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-09-01 at 8.56.58 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-09-01 at 8.56.58 AM.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 31
Hey Guys,

Here is some pics of my new build :)

I do not find those small tiny coils to be satisfying.

3MM Id, 10MM long Fused Clapton.

and let me say this, the flavor...wow

20160906_104809.jpg 20160906_104851.jpg

@incredible_hullk

1.8 ohm. Also at about 70 watts it fires fairly fast and its not hot at all. I can go up to about 120 and handle it but thats pretty hot vape but doesnt burn me.

@Chronix those are made. The ones i have previously bought are topkek. The coil shots are also topkek but convenient. i made like 1 meter. Its anoying but well worth it. Those are kanthal. 24gauge x2 and 32gauge wrap. I have made ones with ni80 as well. But that resistance gets a bit low.

@incredible_hullk

The geekvape ones are not half bad. But if you cand find stock... maak n plan en bou hom.
The wire i used is actually wire lol.

For daily vaping i actually prefer Normal clapton 26/32 better all day vape resistance. Stil good flavour.

@Chronix if you want to make clapton or fused check out grim greens setup i have that. Works like a charm. The awesome part is you can choose wat you want to make.

@Chronix those are made. The ones i have previously bought are topkek. The coil shots are also topkek but convenient. i made like 1 meter. Its anoying but well worth it. Those are kanthal. 24gauge x2 and 32gauge wrap. I have made ones with ni80 as well. But that resistance gets a bit low.

haha I wanna try make my own I have all the needed wire, but i have a drill that is almost older than I am and it has 1 speed which is full speed :p.. I guess it also could be a lot cheaper and a lot less time consuming to just buy off fasttech.com - I see they even have rolls of the most exotic wires

@incredible_hullk

The geekvape ones are not half bad. But if you cand find stock... maak n plan en bou hom.
The wire i used is actually wire lol.

For daily vaping i actually prefer Normal clapton 26/32 better all day vape resistance. Stil good flavour.

@Chronix if you want to make clapton or fused check out grim greens setup i have that. Works like a charm. The awesome part is you can choose wat you want to make.
i must try making it..i have the pilot coil maker which i got cheap cheap from sir vape

Hey guys.

Like @boxerulez, im also battlijg to get this amazing flavor. But i use an avo24.

Would the same build yield good results on the avo?

Ive tried claptons so far and ss 24ga single strand. I have 26ga kanthal a1.

@boxerulez my apologies for hijacking your thread

Best build I've had on my Avo is a twisted 26g stainless... Dual coil, 10 wraps a side

Back