Load shedding.. are you prepared ??

1kVa UPS powering the TV & Wireless router in the bedroom. Going to get a 2,5kVa router to power the TV & primary DSTV decoder in the lounge as well.

Stage 1 Load shedding 9am till 10pm

Out here as well until 2:30 apparently. luckily I charged all my mod batteries last night.

Not sure if we even had load shedding... my Inverter and Batteries just rock! ;-)

I have a 5000 liter water tank in my backyard. Main line feeds into tank and pressure pump feeds to house from tank. Putting up another 5000 l soon. We've had some hectic water supply problems in the past. I think there is not 1 house in town without at least a 1000 l backup.

I have a 5000 liter water tank in my backyard. Main line feeds into tank and pressure pump feeds to house from tank. Putting up another 5000 l soon. We've had some hectic water supply problems in the past. I think there is not 1 house in town without at least a 1000 l backup.
Thats my plan for the very near future... want to put up a 5000l from the mains water and another 5000l for rain catchment when we eventually get rain.. need the rain water for veg gardening(my other hobby)

Go for it. With 5000 liter you'll have water for more than a week if not two weeks.

Our water was off from 6am this morning, and is still off..Rumors going around now that the town has run dry compleatly..had a water tanker come by bout 30mins ago.. :sweating:with temps in the 40's with no rain we in for a rough summero_O

@Noddy, I've got 2 x 5000L jojo's. Well worth the money. As for loadshedding, I've got my 2000va ups hooked up to the dB board for lights and to one tv, HTPC and adsl. Solar geyser installed and done. So FU eskom and Zuma

Back