Looks Like We Have Some Copy Cats....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on the assumption that the Reo design was unique, then all bottom fed box mod's are Reo copy cats.

Does someone know if international patent laws could impede the progress of the Afriville project? I see in the pic's from the link attached that on the box it says patent pending.

Well on the assumption that the Reo design was unique, then all bottom fed box mod's are Reo copy cats.

Does someone know if international patent laws could impede the progress of the Afriville project? I see in the pic's from the link attached that on the box it says patent pending.

If Rob at Reo did not patent it worldwide, there would be no problem. It will be very difficult for any company to patent it now due to "prior knowledge" If the Reo was patented, but not in SA, we will be able to manufacture and sell in SA, but not in countries where it was patented.

The patent pending is on that dry herb atomizer box. Not the red plastic reo lookalike.

Thanks for pointing that out @Hein510 - still interesting to understand the patent issue. Without hijacking this thread, should we consider patenting the Rhino?

Afaik bottom fed mods have been doing the rounds for a while. Like the Boge Revolution is a bottom feed carto system.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

i think it's worth looking into the whole patent idea... :) my 2c

Thanks for pointing that out @Hein510 - still interesting to understand the patent issue. Without hijacking this thread, should we consider patenting the Rhino?

No its going to be too difficult and costing is gigantic (final patent) and then each year you have to pay renewal fees in each country that you've lodged the patent. Anything Reo / Box like are already "Prior Knowledge" It has to be really unique for a fairly easy patent.

@johan has a point :) if it's going to be an expensive exercise then don't waste the money on it and rather keep it in the project to create one kick-ass product! :D

Unless we are planning to mass produce and sell the Rhino worldwide, i dont see the point of looking at patents.
This is a Ecigssa forum thing, and will probably be sold mostly internally via the forum...somebody can correct me here.

I think it may be too early in the project to decide as to whether to patent or not. Perhaps closer to the finished project we can decide as to whether it will be necessary to patent.

Its too late to patent the Rhino now, all the internals were already spilled on the forum so "Prior Knowledge" is already at play. Rather trade mark the "brand" name.

Yip, patent not worth the while. Anyhow, that is always the first thing you do, but certainly not patentable imo. Reo has been patented in the USA. Our unique selling points methinks: Solid no nonsense high power VW mod. Juice on board giving a dripping experience without the hassle. And a not for profit venture, which none can beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back