Loss Of Flavor Or Loss Of Taste?

Figured I'd just update here for any other newbies who might read this later on:

Just over a week later and finally getting my taste back. Still fades after a while of vaping, but it's definitely improving.
Never had a chance to try the coffee beans, but did start drinking water more often, which seemed to help during the whole ordeal. Also cut back on vaping as much as I did before (was chain vaping from the day I got the damn thing).
So no real new advice just...hang in there and stick it out! :banghead:

I'd be really curious to see a proper study of what causes this and what could be done to speed the process up, or maybe stop it from happening entirely. I get that your smell and taste buds get 'used' to a smell or taste after a while, but this felt like something else. Like I mentioned before it felt like the surface of my tongue got 'burnt' and had that 'dead skin' feeling to it whenever I vaped, which gave either no taste to the vape or changed the taste to a sort of muted, bland...thing.

Anyway. Thought I'd share ^.^
Now...back to vaping!
Thanks...do not know if you saw this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vapors-fatigue.2597/

Glad to hear your taste is coming back.... as of yesterday I officially can't taste anything, all my brand new juices taste like dirty tap water :banghead:

@BumbleBee GAH! My sympathies. I feel your pain! >.<

@Matthee Someone has mentioned there's another thread but I haven't seen it yet. Interesting read. Makes sense, since I could still taste other things fine, but still feels like something wrong with my tongue :p
I've gotten some friends onto vaping as well, I'll pass the article on :) THANKS!

So it's been a little over a month now and my taste sense is still ISM. I Have brief moments of flavour at random times during the day, very brief, more like quick hints of flavour. Everything tastes watered down, a lot. Sometimes days go by where I just can't get any flavour at all, I've tried various coil builds with cotton, silica and "ekowool", the only juices I can taste are the sweet juices like RY4 or vk cheesecake and still don't get the full taste, just the sweetness. I can't taste fruit flavours at all, except for VM Strawberry, that I get.

I've tried every home remedy, raw cucumber and cucumber water, coffee beans (right out the bag and roasted in a pan, even chewed on some), Lemons and even marmite :sick:

Tonight I found something that WORKS! Thank you @Bumblebabe ! Checking back on this thread I found a post by @dragontw that I somehow missed where he briefly suggested ginger tea.

This is how it works: get some fresh ginger root, cut a smallish piece and skin it, grate it up or chop very fine and toss it into a coffee mug (about half a teaspoon). Boil some water but stop your kettle before it boils, you don't want rapidly boiling water or it kills the nutrients. Pour the hot water in with the chopped ginger and let it stand for about 5 minutes, add honey to taste. You can also add a splash of lemon juice and/or cinnamon stick to taste.

This cleared my sinuses up instantly, as soon as the tea was done I chased it with a glass of water and grabbed my vape, and bam, flavour! For the first time in a month I can taste flavours I haven't been able to taste at all. It's been a couple hours since I had my cup of ginger tea and the flavours are getting muted again but still getting more than I was before. So for the next couple days I'm going to be drinking this mix instead of coffee, I suspect the milk might be causing some issues because right after my cup of coffee even the hints of flavour in my juices are totally absent.

Love the information!! I don’t exactly enjoy ginger myself but I will try this :)

You can also try a nasal flush with a simple saline solution (1 or 2 table spoon/s of kosher salt to 1lt of water is good for me). It can be kind of awkward to do but the salt takes the sting out of it, this helps me when flavours start muting. The other thing I do is try up my water in take but the nasal flush seems to be the most effective. This also makes breathing more fun ;) You can watch "Neti pot" on youtube for the method, but you do not need the equipment :) Get the water in your nose how ever you like :) I use one of these:

http://www.imprintitems.com/sitewid...baby_-_infant-super_-_dropper_-_dosing_lg.jpg

As for the milk, its quite a fatty substance. It may be coating the tongue?

Happy vaping!

So it's been a little over a month now and my taste sense is still ISM. I Have brief moments of flavour at random times during the day, very brief, more like quick hints of flavour. Everything tastes watered down, a lot. Sometimes days go by where I just can't get any flavour at all, I've tried various coil builds with cotton, silica and "ekowool", the only juices I can taste are the sweet juices like RY4 or vk cheesecake and still don't get the full taste, just the sweetness. I can't taste fruit flavours at all, except for VM Strawberry, that I get.

I've tried every home remedy, raw cucumber and cucumber water, coffee beans (right out the bag and roasted in a pan, even chewed on some), Lemons and even marmite :sick:

Tonight I found something that WORKS! Thank you @Bumblebabe ! Checking back on this thread I found a post by @dragontw that I somehow missed where he briefly suggested ginger tea.

This is how it works: get some fresh ginger root, cut a smallish piece and skin it, grate it up or chop very fine and toss it into a coffee mug (about half a teaspoon). Boil some water but stop your kettle before it boils, you don't want rapidly boiling water or it kills the nutrients. Pour the hot water in with the chopped ginger and let it stand for about 5 minutes, add honey to taste. You can also add a splash of lemon juice and/or cinnamon stick to taste.

This cleared my sinuses up instantly, as soon as the tea was done I chased it with a glass of water and grabbed my vape, and bam, flavour! For the first time in a month I can taste flavours I haven't been able to taste at all. It's been a couple hours since I had my cup of ginger tea and the flavours are getting muted again but still getting more than I was before. So for the next couple days I'm going to be drinking this mix instead of coffee, I suspect the milk might be causing some issues because right after my cup of coffee even the hints of flavour in my juices are totally absent.
You are very welkom my sweet :)
Just a word of warning to those who do not like ginger, add the cinnoman stick and the lemon, If you do not like ginger this will be an awfull experiance. It is beyond gross :sick::sick:
BUT it does work :)

@MarkK english salt works the best, how ever as a person with constant sinus I dont even use nasal spry.:)

Back