My first coil!

I think I used too little cotton. The cotton was burnt so I rewicked and followed that guide. Just letting it sit before giving it a go

I think I used too little cotton. The cotton was burnt so I rewicked and followed that guide. Just letting it sit before giving it a go

The cotton in your initial picture looked like the right amount.

The reason it goes dry is usually too much cotton - with too little cotton you usually get leaking. But too little can run dry as well.

Just make sure that no cotton is blocking the little juice channels and it should wick okay.

@free3dom I tucked it in neatly as the guide demonstrates

Then it should be fine :D

In the future when you do get that little bit of dry hit, there is a quick fix if you're not able to re-wick immediately (such as being out and about) - close the airflow (just block it with your finger) and take a couple of drags. You should then see some bubbles coming up from the juice channels - don't overdo it though as that may cause flooding. You may have to repeat this when it goes dry again, but at least you'll be vaping ;)

I'm used to frequently taking dry drags to keep the coil moist. It's a habit :giggle: I'm paranoid about my coil running dry. I blame my old Twisp Clearo which gave me constant dry hits. Glad that I'm making progress. I have to say a BIG thank you to everyone for the advice and quick assistance! It's a major help having others who are experienced assisting so you don't end up accidentally settings things on fire:D

I'm used to frequently taking dry drags to keep the coil moist. It's a habit :giggle: I'm paranoid about my coil running dry. I blame my old Twisp Clearo which gave me constant dry hits. Glad that I'm making progress. I have to say a BIG thank you to everyone for the advice and quick assistance! It's a major help having others who are experienced assisting so you don't end up accidentally settings things on fire:D

Haha, happy to hear it! Hopefully with a little bit of practice dry hits will be a thing of the past for you - or at the very least a freak occurrence (like carrying on vaping when the tank is empty) :)

Back