My new toy

Thats sure going to be time consuming.
I first hogged mine out with the big bits, left a dividing wall for the battery compartment, and then moved on to the dremel for the fine stuff.
Have you perhaps given a thought to the final finish, stabilizing resin, beeswax etc?
So far I can only think of Woodoc 20, probably thinned with turps, in a vacuum chamber.
Hopefully it will seep in far enough to do a decent stabilizing job.

View attachment 39684
Think i will do this just to seal the wood first

Wow that looks wicked Kimbo

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

@kimbo ah okay, the chamber and pump isnt a bigie, our stuff is small enough to fit in a whiskey glass. :)
The fluid's rather scarce and expensive, I've kinda settled on the 50/50 mix too, probably try it out on a driptip first though.

Its impressive how much material you can cut through and the bit stays perfectly straight :rock: looks like I'll be buying the same setup.

@kimbo Which model Dremel are you using there bud?

Its impressive how much material you can cut through and the bit stays perfectly straight :rock: looks like I'll be buying the same setup.

@kimbo Which model Dremel are you using there bud?
395 but i think it is a clone, but it doe s the job very good

Its impressive how much material you can cut through and the bit stays perfectly straight :rock:
Yea it takes away 1mm with just a slight drop in revs, 2mm you can hear it working but at 3mm it starts to struggle. I presume if you have a better bit it will do 3mm with ease but i just have a cheap Chinese one.

Edit: And it is Lead wood so kinda hard

I was actually worried about the 'press' because they weren't made for that side to side movement, but it looks good on your video though. I'm stoked I can go this route as well now. :clap:

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Pretty sweet, I imagine @kimbo must be an absolute master on an Etch-a-Sketch after all the dremel work on the vice. :)

Etch-A-Sketch-KC-Cityscape.jpg

After the dry run and happy with the results. I took everything apart again to start with the finish

DSC_0081.JPG

Well it took a wile but everything is glued in and she is purring like a kitten. Next an final step is the finish

_20151224_084550.JPG DSC_0126.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0125.JPG
    DSC_0125.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 53
Back