Name one thing from your childhood

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's mine must be about 60 years old.
The pen is just to help with the size.

IMG_3037.jpg
IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

The reason for the cloth is to stop them rattling in my pocket when at school:)
IMG_3060.jpg

:)
Dave

The Travelling Library in Cyrildene @Silver. This was before the real library opened there. The Travelling Library was a van lined with bookshelves inside. It came around once a week and oh, I just couldn't wait for it to arrive!!

Oh my, thats amazing @Hooked
Dont remember that, maybe a touch before my time or it didnt get to where I was?
But i did go to the physical library many times!
It was near the corner, on the right as you come down that main road (forget the name of that main road now)

Oh my, thats amazing @Hooked
Dont remember that, maybe a touch before my time or it didnt get to where I was?
But i did go to the physical library many times!
It was near the corner, on the right as you come down that main road (forget the name of that main road now)

@Silver Yes, you're right! The main road where all the shops were was Derick Ave. There was a cafe on the corner, with a pinball machine and I always used to check the guys out who were playing - and this was in Primary School lol. Gosh, I loved that library. I used to walk there with my Dad. I read so much and so fast that the library issued me with adult tickets, so that I could take out more books! And I did too - from the Adults section. I used to stand on those little two-step stepladders to reach the shelves. I loved authors such as Alistair McClean, Nevil Shute, Agatha Christie, even at that young age.

There was a blank person figure, the face printed on. The cut outs you show were then attached to the figure to change the appearance, the tags folded over to keep the clothing in place. Precursor to dressing up dolls I suppose...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep! They were called Paper Dolls

@Rob Fisher Also in 1955 was the release of 'Rock around the clock' - Bill Haley and the Comets.

I use to dance with my Mom to this ........ well she would "throw" me around the room ;)
:)
Dave

Ohhhhhh Bill Haley and the Comets - now THAT'S music!!

@Silver Yes, you're right! The main road where all the shops were was Derick Ave. There was a cafe on the corner, with a pinball machine and I always used to check the guys out who were playing - and this was in Primary School lol. Gosh, I loved that library. I used to walk there with my Dad. I read so much and so fast that the library issued me with adult tickets, so that I could take out more books! And I did too - from the Adults section. I used to stand on those little two-step stepladders to reach the shelves. I loved authors such as Alistair McClean, Nevil Shute, Agatha Christie, even at that young age.

Oooohh mine were Dean Koontz - I loved horror stories. Others include fantasy - Anne McCaffrey and other authors I can't remember.

Now my choice would be Trudi Canavan - Thief's Magic was amazing, I felt like I was in a different world. The Bitterbynde series was good but the third book was terrible towards the end, the storyline got dragged out too much.

Another series I enjoyed was The Ambrai series, sadly 3rd book was never published.

Oooohh mine were Dean Koontz - I loved horror stories. Others include fantasy - Anne McCaffrey and other authors I can't remember.

Now my choice would be Trudi Canavan - Thief's Magic was amazing, I felt like I was in a different world. The Bitterbynde series was good but the third book was terrible towards the end, the storyline got dragged out too much.

Another series I enjoyed was The Ambrai series, sadly 3rd book was never published.

I don't know any of those, but I've heard of Thief's Magic.

@RainstormZA You rated this 'Agree". Which part do you agree with? The location?

I spent many hours on these, some of my Top games of my childhood!!

Charlie's Circus - "Daar brand ek weet die leeu se balle!!!"
circus-charlie.png 559cf06a2980aad3fb1b087850e26e60.jpg

Moto(somthing) - I HATED the overheat thing
KtxwY.jpg

Olympics - Longjump and Javelin was awesome, Hurdles suckked
index.png

Contra (Co-Op FTW!!)
55137-Contra_(USA)-4.png

Super Tanks - I always took alll the stars before my brother could :)
hqdefault.jpg

Islander... "whoohoo a skateboard, Oh no rocks!!"
maxresdefault.jpg

I spent many hours on these, some of my Top games of my childhood!!

Charlie's Circus - "Daar brand ek weet die leeu se balle!!!"
View attachment 129802 View attachment 129808

Moto(somthing) - I HATED the overheat thing
View attachment 129803

Olympics - Longjump and Javelin was awesome, Hurdles suckked
View attachment 129804

Contra (Co-Op FTW!!)
View attachment 129805

Super Tanks - I always took alll the stars before my brother could :)
View attachment 129806

Islander... "whoohoo a skateboard, Oh no rocks!!"
View attachment 129807

Omg omg omg Ninetendo for the win!

Back