NB!!! Cape Town Vape meet location

There is Baghdad Cafe and Whisky Bar in long street.
It's a very nice somewhat upmarket place and they do serve hookah so I do not think they would have a problem with vaping.
I know the owner and will chat to him tomorrow over a single malt or two.
Find out if vendors can set up etc etc. I will also post pics of the venue for your consideration.
It is not the place you see if you google it!!!
They do have a kitchen for light meals tapas etc...

I appreciate that Long Street area might not be everyone's liking, but it is a very nice place.

yeah i think 80 people and parking may become an issue. but investigate and we take it from there,

the venues put forward arent too many so we will have to make do with what options we do have and whats been put forward.
as it stands having a venue alone will be an accomplishment

i have a friend who is friends with a manager of primi waterfront.
just got work back from her that she will speak to him about the place but there are a few question marks,.
there is a strong chance we wont be allowed to vape inside. that will throw things like cloud blowing comps out the window.
would it still be worth investigating ?

the venues put forward arent too many so we will have to make do with what options we do have and whats been put forward.
as it stands having a venue alone will be an accomplishment
Yeah I went to check out a restaurant this morning where my friend is the manager. They have a perfect area for us, but I think with vendor tables we will only fit about 50 people max, so that's out.

ok guys here we go...

i am able to secure a venue for us

Date:6 December 2014
TIme : 12 till 6pm
Place: Nuri Sushi Factory
Address: 8 Parliament Street, Cape Town

we are allowed to use the 'bigger half of the venue' where the other half is reserved for nuri customers.
we will be allowed to use the centre counter which may be a good spot for vendors who pitch early enough to set up their stand. exposure to vape meet members and nuri customers from that point.
they will set up the section accomodate 60 - 80 people.
we are allowed to vape inside. competitions are safe in this regard.

NB!! i will need to confirm the venue by 4pm today. kindly give me your feedback.

@Gazzacpt @Cape vaping supplies @KieranD @Zeki Hilmi @Andre @Tristan @drew @Riaz @HPBotha @Natheer Mallick @phanatik
please note im only tagging some members to get the responses flowing this is in no way a decision for certain members only. all input is valid and welcome.

parking should not be an issue even though it is in town. its a saturday and town quiets down around that time.

ok guys here we go...

we are allowed to use the 'bigger half of the venue' where the other half is reserved for nuri customers.
we will be allowed to use the centre counter which may be a good spot for vendors who pitch early enough to set up their stand. exposure to vape meet members and nuri customers from that point.

NB!! i will need to confirm the venue by 4pm today. kindly give me your feedback.

@Gazzacpt @Cape vaping supplies @KieranD @Zeki Hilmi @Andre @Tristan @drew @Riaz @HPBotha @Natheer Mallick @phanatik
please note im only tagging some members to get the responses flowing this is in no way a decision for certain members only. all input is valid and welcome.

parking should not be an issue even though it is in town. its a saturday and town quiets down around that time.

Well done @Marzuq!
Venue looks good and being CBD will be central to most :)

id say go with it. its not the biggest venue but we will have to make do rith the space we have

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

ok guys here we go...

Some killer sushi as well

nuri serves some of the finest sushi in town too

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

ok guys here we go...

just something i missed...
there is no booze sold at the venue. we are also not allowed to sell booze but you are allowed to bring your own

Yup good with me. On a side note, some vendors won't be able to make it because a Saturday is a work day, and Vape stores are open. It isn't exactly profitable to close a Vape store in a Saturday. Is Saturday the best date for most capetonians, or how will a Sunday be? Just a suggestion.

Yup good with me. On a side note, some vendors won't be able to make it because a Saturday is a work day, and Vape stores are open. It isn't exactly profitable to close a Vape store in a Saturday. Is Saturday the best date for most capetonians, or how will a Sunday be? Just a suggestion.

those were the dates as voted by cape town members. if the masses wish to change it then we will do so.
i doubt vendors will lose alot of business as most of the guys and gals that attend the vape meets comes ready with cash to buy as much as they can and order what the vendors dont have stock of

I think all the previous vape meets were held on a Saturday, and technically speaking, the vendors will be interfacing with their clientele, established and new, and therefore still a work day for vendors?

I think it's a good spot. Central, good food, not too pricy and above all, vape friendly!

The last meet was on a sat and we had plenty vendors doung roaring trade at the meet.

Back