Nets (naturally Extracted Tobaccos)

So @Derick ...... I like the idea of extracting flavour from a sweet pipe mix with vanilla from one of them tobacconist shops...... would you try it? It could end being really tasty? Or do you consider it too risky?

Too risky is a very subjective term :)
I smoked PAD Marlboro for 25 years - now that was risky
Thing is, you don't really know what is in that tobacco - but then again, we didn't really care when we were smoking - so totally up to you man :)

Too risky is a very subjective term :)
I smoked PAD Marlboro for 25 years - now that was risky
Thing is, you don't really know what is in that tobacco - but then again, we didn't really care when we were smoking - so totally up to you man :)

Feeling in a other kind of mood.... I'll go to Canal Walk soon and get some good smelling pipe tobacco....then study the link you posted for extraction.......then do it and wait..... I get the feeling it will be worth it...:) Hi Ho Silver!!! And away!!!! ( Worth a Silver or 2 or 3 !!!)

Feeling in a other kind of mood.... I'll go to Canal Walk soon and get some good smelling pipe tobacco....then study the link you posted for extraction.......then do it and wait..... I get the feeling it will be worth it...:)
Please do - never tried it myself, but plenty of people online do it
I suspect through that it still won't be as good as some of the gourmet flavours you can get for e-cigs :)

Please do - never tried it myself, but plenty of people online do it
I suspect through that it still won't be as good as some of the gourmet flavours you can get for e-cigs :)

That is why I cancelled my order for some Boba's Bounty......what if it is everything I am looking for but it's not readily available..... i would be in a fix.....rather want to find something I like that I can get my hands on ....repeatedly!!!:D

Feeling in a other kind of mood.... I'll go to Canal Walk soon and get some good smelling pipe tobacco....then study the link you posted for extraction.......then do it and wait..... I get the feeling it will be worth it...:) Hi Ho Silver!!! And away!!!! ( Worth a Silver or 2 or 3 !!!)

I got some pipe tbac in a jar with pg and vg mix. Been there for 2 weeks, another 2 to go and we'll see. I'm hoping for great things.

tu3ubyda.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I got some pipe tbac in a jar with pg and vg mix. Been there for 2 weeks, another 2 to go and we'll see. I'm hoping for great things.

tu3ubyda.jpg

I am begging you with tears in my blue eyes....please let us know how it turns out.....

What is the recipe.....how much PG,VG and how much tobacco is in the mix?

Is that why you bought 2 litre cans of PG and VG from SkyBlue???:p

All this Silver talk has caught my attention!

Go easy people. I think the Silver itself is overrated - not a good thing to be aiming for in my opinion.

My 18mg juices in my recoiled mPT2 tanks are doing me just fine for all day vaping. I seldom have extreme cravings for something stronger.

But when I do feel the need for a real kick - I just fire up the IGO-L dripper with some 18mg. My coil on there is set up for strong throat hit - higher than the posts. A few minutes on that and I am sorted.... Not quite a Silver but just very nice and mellow...

I am begging you with tears in my blue eyes....please let us know how it turns out.....

What is the recipe.....how much PG,VG and how much tobacco is in the mix?

Is that why you bought 2 litre cans of PG and VG from SkyBlue???:p

Some good pipe tabacco. About 60/40 pg vg.

Just chucked some tbac in jar covered with pg vg and started waiting. There are ways to do it with low heat in slow cooker but I sponser Eskom enough. So wait 3 - 4 weeks and I'll strain and test. The staining is crucial, need to get all the little particles out so must be fine filtered a few times which is why I opted for a higher pg mix. Vg is a pain to strain. People who do this recommend disposable coffee filters.

Just a suggestion; why don't you put everything (tobacco, pg & vg) in a liquidizer, smash it all up in a nice witches brew and then let it extract into the pg & vg (if that's the correct term).

tu3ubyda.jpg

Can I make a suggestion? This will most certainly not work.

You need to heat this stuff up.
Use a pressure cooker, or a slow cooker or just a pot with water in the bottom. Make sure that your jar is not sitting on the bottom so that your tobacco doesn't burn. Heat it until you will have a very dark brown sludge.
Stir it. Let it sit. Repeat, repeat, repeat. If you are use a slow cooker you can take up to three days. With boiling water keep in on medium and it will take a couple of days.

After, strain it through coffee filters or something of the sorts one at a time at least 4 times. The more you strain the better.

Pretty much any comercially available tobacco, pipe or otherwise, will already have chemicals added to preserve the tobacco, keep insects away, add flavour, taste etc. etc.

This goes for pretty much any commercial product these days.

Here, have an apple, it's healthy!

Can I make a suggestion? This will most certainly not work.

You need to heat this stuff up.
Use a pressure cooker, or a slow cooker or just a pot with water in the bottom. Make sure that your jar is not sitting on the bottom so that your tobacco doesn't burn. Heat it until you will have a very dark brown sludge.
Stir it. Let it sit. Repeat, repeat, repeat. If you are use a slow cooker you can take up to three days. With boiling water keep in on medium and it will take a couple of days.

After, strain it through coffee filters or something of the sorts one at a time at least 4 times. The more you strain the better.

Dunno hey have read up and folks are doing cold extractions it takes longer than using heat. Like weeks longer. You recon I'm wasting my time? If I heat its going to be expensive might as well import.

I don't want to be a wet towel on your experiment, you're being a pioneer here and who the hell am I to tell you otherwise. You might literally be the first person to try this.
BUT, yes I think you're wasting your time.

Ideally you want a pressure cooker. 12 Hours of pressure cooking should do it.

Found this thread a bit late, but just to illustrate the whole trace quantities issue and wanting to know exactly what goes into everything:

banana.png

Many prefer the cold extraction, it has been done - it works. The more impatient ones like the heat extraction. Here is one cold method:
g1KkpbK.jpg

Microwave method attached.

Attachments

• Microwave extraction.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have been lurking on this thread for a while and found these 2
IMG_20140610_134850.jpg

From this place in Cape TownIMG_20140610_135058.jpg?? IMG_20140610_134850.jpg

at sturks get Samual Gawith best brown flake for a NET. You will get something like huntsman if you do it with that

Dying to hear about your findings?

Well @Gazzacpt gave me some when I visited him some weeks ago. I only got around to trying it last night as this Saturday was also the end of the 4 week period for my extraction.

So I made a sample batch with both. He used Rum & Maple pipe tobacco IIRC and I used Vanilla pipe tobacco. I now have to wait a week for steeping but I did sample a few drops of both in the dripper and initial impressions are I liked the R&M and not sure about the vanilla pipe one (was not bad just did not grab me). What I can say though the flavour is smooth and real (no synthetic aftertaste at all). So all in all if you find the right tobacco pipe mix it is a sure winner. Also my R33 bag from the tobacconists yielded about 180ml of extract (used about 250-300ml PG)

It does take extremely long to filter - almost an entire day...LOL

Would be interesting to know what the nic content is. Wonder if there is a way to test it easily.

Would be interesting to know what the nic content is. Wonder if there is a way to test it easily.

Probably not much if at all..... I made 9mg batches and TH was pretty low (like 9mg mixes usually are).

Back