Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
As you may have noticed the site had a look and feel change today to accommodate the space for adverts...
Do you like the new font or do you prefer the old one?

The new font looks nice and modern, but for me the old font was more legible and less strain on the eyes.

The new font looks nice and modern, but for me the old font was more legible and less strain on the eyes.

100% that was the issue for me too... I liked it but then reading I battled a bit!

My eyes are taking a beating. Maybe I'm old. hehehe. I love the new font don't get me wrong, but I already have a headache. :)
Feels like this.
Blurring-Eyes-strain.jpg

It has a better look, slightly more taxing.
I prefer this... but now I'm worried that all these banners might become annoying. No one likes adds.

Last edited:
seriously though, I do prefer the new font, for me it's much easier to read, maybe just because it's slightly bigger.

Prefer old font or I need to go and make an appointment with an optometrist.

Looks great! Just having an issue with mouse scrolling, seems super fast so it jumps posts. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Whoops, problem solved. Something went wonky with my mouse drivers, not the forum :)

Last edited:
Cant really notice the difference. I knew these HD contact lenses would be good for something...

I prefer the old font
It had serifs (the little squigleys on the letters) which make it easier to read

This is not just me - but is a generally accepted thing.
Most newspapers for example use serif fonts for the text and non-serif fonts for the headings.
For reading lots of text, serif fonts are better

I'm digging the new look, for me it's easier to read, plus I prefer the larger font.

Suggestion: Lets use this font for a week, then change to the old one for a week, then we vote again

Last edited:
what i am missing are the boxes around everything , they are there but so feint .....

Wonder if the question should not actually be: Would you mind going back to the old font as some people seem to have reading problems with the new one?

The new format isn't bad at all, modern and we'll spaced. I can most certainly tell you is definitely hasn't been formatted for the Android (Chrome) users though, everything is out of proportion. Landscape or portrait, no difference. If it hasn't been tested on androids and your aware then please accept my apologies :notagain:

Back