Newlook For Ecigssa

Which font do you prefer?

• Old One

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • New One

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
Looks like Arial now?
@Gizmo from my eyes it looks better than yesterday, thanks!

But I still maintain my view on the serif fonts with the squiqleys - that they are easier to read when reading lots of text.

font is nicer than yesterday

but now i have to scroll to the top of the page again to get to the new posts :(

Looks like Arial now?
@Gizmo from my eyes it looks better than yesterday, thanks!

But I still maintain my view on the serif fonts with the squiqleys - that they are easier to read when reading lots of text.

This is a serif font.Sans-Serif.

font is nicer than yesterday

but now i have to scroll to the top of the page again to get to the new posts :(

Just click on the little up arrow on the right bottom of the screen.

Just click on the little up arrow on the right bottom of the screen.
yes i know, but yesterday when the site was changed that top tab appeared at the top of the screen no matter where on the page you were

yes i know, but yesterday when the site was changed that top tab appeared at the top of the screen no matter where on the page you were

Indeed and I nearly slit my throat and killed myself because of it... it was nasty and got in the way of everything... :-@

This is a serif font.Sans-Serif.

@Gizmo, sans-serif means "without serif" - sans means without

The serifs are the little squiggles that join the characters together and make it easier for your eyes to read it
Google it - you will see what I mean.

Here is a wikipedia comment:
In typography, a sans-serif, sans serif, gothic, san serif or simply sans typeface is one that does not have the small projecting features called "serifs" at the end of strokes.[1] The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without". Sans-serif fonts tend to have less line width variation than serif fonts.
In print, sans-serif fonts are used for headlines rather than for body text.[2] The conventional wisdom holds that serifs help guide the eye along the lines in large blocks of text.

When computers first came out - the simpler fonts without serifs became popular for computers because the computer screens did not have the resolution to display these tiny features accurately. But nowadays even a smartphone has a remarkable resolution.

I am not going to get into a huge debate on this. Have made my point and I still feel that a font with "Serifs" like Times New Roman is easier for the eye to read when there is lots of text. It is a personal preference thing, so if the members on the forum prefer this font we have now - then that's cool by me.

Here's an image that helps explain the above

20061031_resume_fonts_serif_sans-serif.png

Serif fonts are suggested for bodies of text and sans-serif fonts for headings.

If you look at most books and newspapers, you will see that they use a serif font for the text body.

Look at the font now silver?

Wow, @Gizmo

Serif font is back!

To my eye, this looks much, much better. Wow. Superb.

I think other members may have preferred the previous font because it was slightly larger in size.
But the font itself seems great to me.

It's funny how this font is actually easier to read? I smaak it stukkend! :inlove:

This font looks great.
Wow, I learned something new about fonts today (serif and sans serif). Really neat! Thanks for the lesson @Silver ;)
Hehe, its the little things that count so much :D

Hehe, doesn't matter to me, I use the Stylish plugin, to make any site look the way I like it.

Back