OBS Engine Reviews & Rambles

Nice one @Daniel !

Headsup - I struggled to hear you at times - but great to see the device in action!

About 3 weeks ago I dropped the glass of my Tornado RTA and it shattered. I couldn't find a replacement, so I got me the Engine RTA. Been using it since as my ADV RTA. I love this tank. It is awesome. Flavor is extremely good and the build quality is top notch.

The wicking seems tricky, buts it's very simple. The only thing I don't like about the wicking is that if you don't have the wicks touching the base, ie just going into the holes, you can't vape up all the juice in it and your flavors will mix for a tank or 2. Not a big issue but still annoying.

The juice fill is great, there is some juice buildup underneath the ring though and if you open and close it there will be some juice being expelled. Not much though.

I love the top airflow only part of it. No more leaking or condensation onto my mod (yay).
Also, you can replace the cotton without emptying the tank, which is a big win for me. Overall its a great tank, up along with the best I've tried so far. Definitely recommended.

Nice one @Daniel !

Headsup - I struggled to hear you at times - but great to see the device in action!
Thanks Ja forgot to change the mic from the shitty little Webcam to that white piece in my ear lol did you notice I'm new at this lots of uhmms and Jaaaas...

Thanks Ja forgot to change the mic from the shitty little Webcam to that white piece in my ear lol did you notice I'm new at this lots of uhmms and Jaaaas...

Don't worry - it was great - more than I have done!

And the one KAK.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

If it doesn't do single coils, I won't do it, lol.

Shut-up @Daniel, I'm trying to convince myself not to make any more vape-debt here

Shut-up @Daniel, I'm trying to convince myself not to make any more vape-debt here
Haha know the feeling but honestly was also a staunch single coil vaper till I tried dual it makes a considerable difference in flavour though. Yes battery life and all that but if you running a dual batt mod its fine really. And the deck is so easy to build on also. Ok I'm not helping am I? Lol

I have both and in limited humble experience, wicked right, the Serpent 25 gets the win regarding flavour. But once again ,,,, taste is very subjective.

I have both and in limited humble experience, wicked right, the Serpent 25 gets the win regarding flavour. But once again ,,,, taste is very subjective.
It's so close with all these RTAs these days to me the winning factor was ease of build and draw it just feels better draw wise

It's so close with all these RTAs these days to me the winning factor was ease of build and draw it just feels better draw wise
Yes building on the OBS Engine is easy but once you have the building & wicking on the Serpent 25 waxed, it's a win in my circumstances. Yes the draw on the Engine is smoother but I found despite that, having the air hit the coils from the top, due to the design (which is ingenious regarding leaking), one tends to loose flavour. To me I found the flavour rather diluted with air, if you get what I'm saying. The flavour from the serpent is more full.

So I received this tank today, fumbling in my excitement trying to open the bubble wrap packaging and nearly losing a finger cutting open the bubble wrap it didn't start well.....

Quick rundown (NOT!) :

Build quality is excellent, nice threading although the top part with the little notches can be a head scratcher (unscrew the whole top tank part no need to dis assemble).

Now to the build deck well this was my first experience with Velocity style decks and dual coil to be brutally honest so I was reluctant to just dive in. Well give me a snorkel and some goggles....

Only wire I had with me was 26g Kanthral, quick parallel wrap seven wraps I think and I had my two spaced coils. In the deck they went, some fiddling with the coils to get it nicely aligned with the wick holes and Bob's your Father's brother.

To the wicking! This was a bit of a challenge as I didn't have one of those weird angles tweezer jobbies but basically cut the wicks 1cm from the deck fluff out cut some off (or not) bang some juice on and stick the wick (CBV2) into the holes, not too Toight....

Another new experience for me, vaping above 30W. The ramp up time on the coils were slow @30W so I bumped it to 40 and first toot, hang on what's this? Smooth drag perfect for those long restricted LHs (had airflow half open). No spit back no gurgling nothing....

I have not reviewed any vaping gear or tanks or whatnot and this is probably the k@kkest waffle review ever but man this little Engine is the one that can....
You hit it head on,this tank is quickly becoming my go to. I can't find any cons.A winner all around IMO.

Just when I thought I was happy with my three Serpent Mini's 25mm, had to watch that evil YouTube and my OBS arrives tomorrow, wonder if I will need three again, just in case!

After about 4 tanks. 27G Kanthal, about 6 wraps each, 2.5 mm ID, 0.46 ohms. Ceramic wicks. Great vape using TC Kanthal on the Hohm Slice.
KpzgBK4.jpg

Dry burning with wicks intact.
uNJiUpQ.jpg

Good and clean.
mAqzwMh.jpg

After about 4 tanks. 27G Kanthal, about 6 wraps each, 2.5 mm ID, 0.46 ohms. Ceramic wicks. Great vape using TC Kanthal on the Hohm Slice.

@Andre this ceramic wicking material is really tickling my interest ......

KpzgBK4.jpg

Dry burning with wicks intact.
uNJiUpQ.jpg

Good and clean.
mAqzwMh.jpg

How is the flavour with that wick? where does one find it?

@Kalashnikov @Tockit : Here , BUT caveat international shipping is a no no ..... so if anyone knows a buddy in the US that can ship it to us can work , but it's risky , maybe @Andre can comment on the risks involved.

How is the flavour with that wick? where does one find it?

+1 where can those wicks be had
Ceramic does not usually wick well if bended. I only use it in my bf drippers - slanted. Wicked this one with it more out of curiosity. First tank I found that tolerated the ceramic wicks. Vaping at 30 W and 215 C. Have not tried it higher in the Engine, but doubt if it will keep up much higher than that based on my experience with vertical ceramic wicks in the Aromamizer. Imho not really worth your while in tanks. Drippers is another matter. Tried the ceramics in the Fuji Digiflavour, but was a fail in there.

Only available in the USA here, but they are not allowed to export it. Huge, huge fine if caught. So, if you can find a mate there willing to take the risk.

EDIT: Ok switched to Wattage mode and tried it at 40W. Dry hit on the second toot. Cotton definitely better in RTAs and RDTAs.

Let us know how it goes Mr @Rob Fisher , curious how you'll find it. I'm already thinking about buying a second one. ;)

@JB1987 so far so good... easy to set up and build on... not a huge fan of dual coils but will persevere... airflow for days... more than the SM25... I like the design and I think it will be really leak proof... I think I should have washed it first because there is a slight taste but I was anxious to try it... I think it will also not suffer from airlocks and love the bubbles that you see after a good vape... I have a feeling I'm going to really like this tank.

More in a few days of playing!

OBSEngine 005.JPG OBSEngine 006.JPG

OK lesson learnt... always always wash the tanks first... emptied the tank and washed it and rewicked it... The OBS Engine is a really nice tank... :b1:

OK lesson learnt... always always wash the tanks first... emptied the tank and washed it and rewicked it... The OBS Engine is a really nice tank... :b1:
Mine had some serious oil spillage going on when I first got it. It's an awesome tank though. I couldn't get my hands on a SM25 at the time so I went for this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back