Onion Flavoured Kayfun

Thanks @MarkK and @BumbleBee

The problem has appeared with different juices and the only common element is the 'Ekowool' I have been using. I am guessing it is not genuine and has been the cause of my problems.

@devdev will be getting some of the real "Mahkoya"soon and would give you some so you could try it out to broaden your views on the flavour?

@devdev will be getting some of the real "Mahkoya"soon and would give you some so you could try it out to broaden your views on the flavour?

I am confused! Do you mean an onion flavoured vape?

Apologies @devdev, the Ekowool the original :giggle: Would you like some?
OH LOL!

I have ordered some from my vape gimp AKA @RevnLucky7 AKA Revrev, which should hopefully be arriving soon.

Thanks for the offer though dude! Much appreciated :)

If you did find an onion juice, I would probably give it a try for sure

OH LOL!

I have ordered some from my vape gimp AKA @RevnLucky7 AKA Revrev, which should hopefully be arriving soon.

Thanks for the offer though dude! Much appreciated :)

If you did find an onion juice, I would probably give
give it a try for sure
:giggle::rofl::D Really had a good laugh at that one. @RevnLucky7 is also my generally preferred supplier of the more expensive goodies :D I'm watching the thread for further updates on your opinion Mr.:duck::duck:

I have some ekowool that I haven't tried yet, should maybe strap some to the ol' Kayfun and see if I am lucky enough to get this mysterious onion juice :) I'm sure it would be way better than the other accidental flavours I've tried :rolleyes:

There's no way the stuff that @devdev has been using is proper Ekowool. Ekowool does not have the caracteristics that Dev mentioned. Excuse me, but I feel a rant coming on that I've been sitting on for a while.

Herein lies a moyar problem that I'm having with what's going on in SA at the moment. Not just with Ekowool, but many other products going around. Some guys simply buy and sell k@k. Simple as that. Then a consumer gets their hands on it for the first time... tries it... and the next thing you see is... oh, this product is junk, it doesn't do what it's supposed too, it tastes funny, I get itches from it... and so on and so forth.

Said product already starts off on the wrong foot. This is A) Bad for the consumers, because they might be missing out on something that works very well and B) Bad for retailers because your ONE or TWO sales that you just made under false pretenses just chased away what could have been great for repeat business.
We've touched on customer service alot lately on this forum and South African business really has a mayor problem. Many people gear up for the next ten sales. What happens to those clients they afterwards? They don't really give a flyer and repeat business goes out the window.

Anyway - back to the point. If anyone purchased Ekowool in SA from anyone other than SΩV at this point, it's not Ekowool. Seen lots of posts asking about it recently, heard of Ekowool breaking and crumbling... guys, this is not Ekowool and most likely the stuff you see slammed all over places like Alibaba. Don't vape off of that crap.

I've been building my Kayfuns with Ekowool now for a good 2 years perhaps. My close friends do to. I know CVS and @Andre use Ekowool and there's many others on the forum. Good reputable sources that can tell you it's great provided you get the right stuff. Always looking for the best deal does not mean you're getting the best deal.

And as a side note, I will start calling guys out publicly making false claims on products of any kind. As a member of the forum it's probably THE thing that gets me worked up most. If it's a clone, say it's a clone. If it's tin foil, don't call it 304 stainless. If its copper plated, don't tell me its pure copper. Everyone has a right to know what they are buying and what they are getting for the price. Once we try pull the wool over the eyes of our own vape brothers and sisters just to push sales, we're heading down the wrong path.

It's every suppliers duty to know what they are selling. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree @RevnLucky7 it would appear that...........

............someone pulled the Ekowool over my eyes.

I do have other Ekowool sourced from a source in the UK, that survives the burning process much better than the fEkowool (fake Ekowool). If I compare the two products they are actually not the same.

The acid test will be the stuff you send me, when compared to the other two I have here

@devdev , maybe that taste you're getting isn't onion.... they don't call 'em "sweat shops" for noting you know :giggle:

@devdev , maybe that taste you're getting isn't onion.... they don't call 'em "sweat shops" for noting you know :giggle:

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ok that is just :censored:ing gross. Makes me wanna spew everywhere

If it's a clone, say it's a clone. If it's tin foil, don't call it 304 stainless. If its copper plated, don't tell me its pure copper. Everyone has a right to know what they are buying and what they are getting for the price.

Well said! I have some of that wool stuff in my basket and will pull the rigger when you have some more stuff for me to buy...

Now all you need to do is find me a gold plated Cyclone! :rock:

Well said! I have some of that wool stuff in my basket and will pull the rigger when you have some more stuff for me to buy...

Now all you need to do is find me a gold plated Cyclone! :rock:

I've been meaning to buy myself a plating kit :)

I want to start plating everything!

I've been meaning to buy myself a plating kit :)

I want to start plating everything!
Oh dear lord, no......

Austin%20Powers%20In%20Goldmember-26.jpg

Hey guys

I know I am sort of late for this thread. I was sponsored by a lovely cousin of mine a Yeashmo Kayfun Clone.
New out of the box, I immediately built my coil and wicked it with a cotton wick. When I initially started vaping on it I though maybe the metallic taste is due to the device being new and probably just needs to soak in.
After a whole tank and a half I still had the same taste coming through( the second half was a different flavour). My wife made a comment and said she thinks that taste is coming from the metal drip tip so I changed it and it made a huge difference, however, I am still getting that slight metallic taste. Not as bad as before though. Should I just wash the tank out and soak it?

Anyone with good advice please advise. I love this RBA, now all I need is the full flavour enjoyment as well.

Give her a little warm bath in some water and sunlight soap, Sounds like the machining oil, that oil is very good at sticking too and lubricating steel so there is no friction during machining, sunlight is excellent for splitting oil ;)

Will be vaping like a dream after a 2nd rinse or 3 in hot water to remove the sunlight ;)

Vape on @Riddle!

I stripped every single part of my KF down, soaked in Vodka and kept on agitating the vodka while it was soaking. Scrub each surface of each part with a vodka soaked toothbrush. After that I blasted it in the ultrasonic cleaner. Then rinse in sunlight liquid and finally rinse under gentle running water for about 10 minutes.

That sorted out the issue with mine. You must strip the base right down, remove the centre pin and get inside the airflow area and rinse there. Every single part must be removed for this to work

Back