Pen Style for a brand new vaper.

GlacieredPyro

Flavor Chaser
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hey Yall,

I have a friend that want's in on vaping.
She however prefers a smaller more discreet pen style device.

I don't think a twisp will work for her. She is stronk on the stinkies and her past twisp experience was poor. I've looked around but have no idea what would make a good device. I suspect MTL will be her preference for sure.

I showed her the Eleaf iJust 2 but she still feels like it is too big.
I looked at the Osiris Double Kit but couldn't find any decent reviews on it.
No idea what to suggest at this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey Yall,

I have a friend that want's in on vaping.
She however prefers a smaller more discreet pen style device.

I don't think a twisp will work for her. She is stronk on the stinkies and her past twisp experience was poor. I've looked around but have no idea what would make a good device. I suspect MTL will be her preference for sure.

I showed her the Eleaf iJust 2 but she still feels like it is too big.
I looked at the Osiris Double Kit but couldn't find any decent reviews on it.
No idea what to suggest at this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.
imo the iJust2 is too much, certainly not a MTL device. The Osiris kit is the other side of the coin, not enough, and I suspect the availability of coils are going to be a problem. I would suggest the Nautilus mini, ideally with an iStick 30 or even 40w. This combo is very compact and she will get used to the size very quickly. (I just know there is a dirty joke in there somewhere). Alternatively you can look at something like a Vision Spinner type battery but a setup like this is actually bulkier than the iStick.

Last edited:
I had an ESAM-T battery with a Kangertech FMOW clearomiser. It is an e-go device but miles a head of the TWISP.

I have upgraded to a sub-ohm device (still pen-style): Aspire CF mod, 18650 battery and Kangertech Subtank Mini.

Although the tube is rather huge, I love that I don't have to carry a box around.

I had an ESAM-T battery with a Kangertech FMOW clearomiser. It is an e-go device but miles a head of the TWISP.

I have upgraded to a sub-ohm device (still pen-style): Aspire CF mod, 18650 battery and Kangertech Subtank Mini.

Although the tube is rather huge, I love that I don't have to carry a box around.

Nice setup (Aspire).
She is digging this over the iStick so far.
I see however that it lists as supporting up to 1 ohm.

I'm guesing you arent using this for MTL?

Hi there, I am the new person Pyro is referring to. The reason I am looking for a pen style is also more for the fact that my hands are tiny and because of a small deformity, the pen style is just more comfortable for me to hold.

Hi there, I am the new person Pyro is referring to. The reason I am looking for a pen style is also more for the fact that my hands are tiny and because of a small deformity, the pen style is just more comfortable for me to hold.
Hi and welcome to the forum @Wyvern :)

Let me try and help with a few suggestions

12166805_10207814925072590_477266651_n.jpg

From left to right,

1. The simple EVOD kit by Kangertech.
Pros - Compact and small, sounds like what you're describing will be comfortable for you to use. Simple to operate, just push button and vape.
Cons - Not sure if they're even available anywhere. Produces adequate vapor, definitely not enough for heavy smokers unless you are Very motivated. No voltage or airflow adjustment. You don't know when the battery is going to die on you, can't vape while charging.

2. Nautilus Mini on Twist type battery.
Pros - Awesome tank, especially for mouth to lung style vaping. Has airflow adjustment. Battery voltage can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Cons - You don't know when the battery is going to die on you, can't vape while charging. It's massive.

3. Nautilus Mini on Presa 40w
Pros - Awesome tank, especially for mouth to lung style vaping. Has airflow adjustment. The mod displays power settings and battery level on the screen. USB charging so you can vape while it charges. Awesome fire button.
Cons- May be a bit heavy for first time users but you adapt to the weight very quickly.

What I like about the Presa is that is so comfortable to use, there is no fire button to find, simply place the device in your hand and squeeze. I think VapeMob has them, maybe try and get to one of their stores and try a few devices out to see what will work best for you.

The Kangertech EMOW Kit is a great starter kit. It comes with a charger and wall socket, tank, 1300mah VV battery and six 1.5 ohm coil heads for R750. Great deal and awesome device. I love my sub ohm vaping and have setups for that, but my EMOW is my go to device for when I am out and about or for when the occasion calls for greater discretion. Works very well with 50/50 juice.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/eleaf-isti...combo-eleaf-ijust-d16-aspire-k1-combo.t15704/

I am having a look at this as well. What do you think?

My biggest issue is I am right handed and making a fist is some days a bit of an issue. I dont mind looking for the button at all. We do have a Vapemob near me and I will go have a look as wellover the weekend.
The d16 might just work for you, but the best would be to get these things in your hand and see what suits you best. But, what might look nice and fit your hand may not provide you with the vape you need, so you may just need to compromise somewhere.

The d16 might just work for you, but the best would be to get these things in your hand and see what suits you best. But, what might look nice and fit your hand may not provide you with the vape you need, so you may just need to compromise somewhere.
I am honestly not to fussed about the look anymore, I just want something that I know will be comfy, I have a friend who also just started vaping, not sure what he uses, it is a pen but not a thin one. And I found it to be comfy almost like a cigar feel to it. I am more worried about the square part that might nit be comfortable for me.

I am honestly not to fussed about the look anymore, I just want something that I know will be comfy, I have a friend who also just started vaping, not sure what he uses, it is a pen but not a thin one. And I found it to be comfy almost like a cigar feel to it. I am more worried about the square part that might nit be comfortable for me.
This is why I like the iStick range and the Presa, the edges are very comfortably rounded, no annoying sharp edges :)

Thanks for the advice I will also go have a look at the shop on saturday and see what they recommend.

images

Can you tell me a bit more about it? Why do you recommend it?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Itaste vv3 with evod atomizer.

Same chip as the famous mvp2.

1 - 11 watts
Watt/volt mode
Puff counter
USB passthrough
Button changes color on battery state

Charges from any cellphone charger whilst vaping or not.

Think eCiggies carries stock.

Ok awesome and where can I source it from? I need to check prices so that I can start saving up if needs be

upload_2015-10-15_17-50-42.jpeg

Iclear16 atomizer dual coil also a good option over the evod... Puts out more vapour.

083 379 4344 try this guy maybe he can help

Well let me see if I can buy the other one I linked. It suits my pocket aka money for now and then when I can afford to upgrade I will

Oh hell no! Those things are aweful :shake: even worse than Twisp clearos

The itaste vv is a viable option though, paired with a mini nautilus
you're entitled to an opinion. It is better than a twisp clearo as I've owned both. Evod is better quality I will concede.

The nautilus mini is a piece of s#%t though. Drop it once broken and how many faulty coils?. Out a pack of 5 I had 5 faulty.

I had a D16 and an iStick 30W. The 30W felt way more comfortable, also the button presses with your index finger instead of the thumb. Whichever finger you have an issue with will be the deciding factor I think.

Back