Petri RTA - Best Build?

PsyCLown

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys!

So I received a Petri RTA (authentic) for xmas and have been really enjoying it but I cannot seem to find the perfect build in there and am getting a bit annoyed with it now.

So far the best build I have used has been the standard claptons it comes with.
I tried some normal NiChrome coils, some spaced NiChrome coils as well.

I found the claptons got really hot and the flavour was good but not consistently great.
I was running them at 60W.

I haven't tried a single coil, I have some Aliens but haven't tried those either.
Wicked with both Cotton Candy and Cotton Bacon v2.

What have you guys tried and what has worked the best - also any tips & tricks for this tank would be great!

Thanks,
Psy

try ni80 2.5mm ID 6 wraps.

i only have a problem with this tank leaking when i fill up (authentic btw)

try ni80 2.5mm ID 6 wraps.

i only have a problem with this tank leaking when i fill up (authentic btw)
I will give it a try, I only have 26g nichrome though.

If you close the airflow does it still leak? Mine doesn't really leak, I think only once while refilling did it leak.

I've tried ni80 and ss316l. Best experience I've had so far is with dual 26g ss316l 3mm 8wraps wicked with cotton bacon. Usually vape this at 45w.

Mine also leaks when refilling but I found if I don't fill it all the way to the top then its fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Nichrome in 26g and SS in 24g.

So I will try the nichrome for 6 wraps, 2.5mm ID and try the SS for 6 wraps 3mm ID?
Dual coils, compressed (not spaced).

Do you guys leave the coils more or less in the middle of the deck or do you also try to position it as close and as over the airflow holes as possible?

anywhere bet 60 and 80 depending on juice flavours
I find it is quite a warm-hot vape after a second or two of a pull, with airflow fully open.

Flavour is good but I feel as if the flavour can still be better. I don't quite pick up all of the nuances from the juice - flavour can be quite different when trying it on other devices such as my dripper, my GF's dripper, her Baby Beast tank or my TFV8 tank etc. In the other devices I can pick our the flavour more accurately?

I have Nichrome in 26g and SS in 24g.

So I will try the nichrome for 6 wraps, 2.5mm ID and try the SS for 6 wraps 3mm ID?
Dual coils, compressed (not spaced).

Do you guys leave the coils more or less in the middle of the deck or do you also try to position it as close and as over the airflow holes as possible?
@PsyCLown over the airflow gives best flavour

Hey guys!

So I received a Petri RTA (authentic) for xmas and have been really enjoying it but I cannot seem to find the perfect build in there and am getting a bit annoyed with it now.

I found the claptons got really hot and the flavour was good but not consistently great.

I haven't tried a single coil, I have some Aliens but haven't tried those either.

What have you guys tried and what has worked the best - also any tips & tricks for this tank would be great!

Thanks,
Psy
I put in some pre wrapped Aliens,dual ohming out at .23 and got very good flavor

Hey guys!

Thanks,
Psy
Hey Psy, I know exactly what you are experiencing. Those stock Alien Claptons in that tank were AMAZING. Also been a struggle this side getting a build in there that compares.
My advice is to speak to somebody that can wrap you custom coils or make your own very fine Alien Claptons. I am currently running a set of 28g x 36g Aliens, it is as close as I have come to the original build. They are all Nichrome 80 but I think I want Kanthal outer wraps next time. The Nichrome is still a bit too crisp, lacking that bottom end flavor that the stock coils had.
All the best, if you hit on a build you like let me know.

I have only used the forms of clapton wire with my petri(authentic) and the flavor is insane no matter which is used imo. I posted this a while ago but you can even go with big coils if you want, I've pretty much been able to fit anything into this lil RTA:

20161123_190003[1].jpg

Guys, I am still struggling to get a decent build which I enjoy in the Petri.

Tried an Alien Clapton (Flat wire which has been claptoned) as well as a SS316L build and still something is not right. I am starting to think perhaps the wicking is an issue. Although I get the bubbles appearing after a few pulls (generally from one side, not really both on this tank).
Wicking with Cotton Bacon v2. The taste is off, it could perhaps be a cotton type of taste. I don't really struggle from wicking issues to be honest. Certainly not the same taste as a dry hit in a dripper! Flavour seems to be lacking as well.

I have to be doing something wrong. I have no clue what and it is frustrating me a lot now. I am getting sick and tired of trying different builds in this tank.
20170115_130121.jpg 20170116_192843.jpg
20170116_201121.jpg

Opinions, ideas and advice all welcome!

I've had massive success with this build. As @incredible_hulllk says thin the ends abit.

7 wraps ss316l 3mm id cotton bacon v2.

14fc5415ef175023c2f73a35524be5b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I am still struggling to get a decent build which I enjoy in the Petri.

Tried an Alien Clapton (Flat wire which has been claptoned) as well as a SS316L build and still something is not right. I am starting to think perhaps the wicking is an issue. Although I get the bubbles appearing after a few pulls (generally from one side, not really both on this tank).
Wicking with Cotton Bacon v2. The taste is off, it could perhaps be a cotton type of taste. I don't really struggle from wicking issues to be honest. Certainly not the same taste as a dry hit in a dripper! Flavour seems to be lacking as well.

I have to be doing something wrong. I have no clue what and it is frustrating me a lot now. I am getting sick and tired of trying different builds in this tank.
View attachment 81952 View attachment 81953
View attachment 81954

Opinions, ideas and advice all welcome!

Hwsit Buddy

I love my petri and have it in my daily rotation

If you having flavour issues then the best thing is to start with a simple build and work up from there.

My goto is 26g kanthal , 3mm id with 9 wraps

When wicking with baconv2 I tend to take a piece that's slightly bigger than the id and gently roll it. It may seem like a little cotton but you want something that wicks fast.

After threading it through my coils I trim it flush with the outside of the base and then tuck it down. Make sure it's away from the grub screws. I tend to push the cotton away from the sides of the deck more towards the juice holes on the chimney.

I then remove the centre pin and remove the deck from the base, juice up the wicks and insert the deck into the chimney. Before pushing it in I check that the wicks are not sticking out or getting caught in the thread . Then screw on the base and the centre pin. (Doing it in this order never leaks for me)

Open the airflow and fill the tank. Start off around 35w and work your way up .

Back