Petri RTA - Best Build?

@shabbar , @incredible_hullk ,@Christos , thanks for all the help, I 'd say not to go through the trouble I've put on you guys but I would be wasting my time,this forum never ceases to amaze me with it's members kindness.Anyway after a fresh start I've got it working much better.Not perfect but passable.Seems if I don't fill it to the top it's o.k.Once again I have to ask why a quality bit of gear would be designed this way?And though the Moonshot shares this method I don't struggle with it like this one.BTW,I've used every wicking material I have (rayon,cotton bacon,kendo) and I'm sure I have it aligned properly and I changed the O rings.
Pleasure, I haven't gotten a chance yet yesterday to rebuild. Only got home now running some errands. I'll post pics as soon as I rebuild anyways to give you an idea what I do.

Pleasure, I haven't gotten a chance yet yesterday to rebuild. Only got home now running some errands. I'll post pics as soon as I rebuild anyways to give you an idea what I do.

Jeepers @Christos - 1h42 am - what kind of errands do you do at that hour. Lol

Jeepers @Christos - 1h42 am - what kind of errands do you do at that hour. Lol
Helping my sister move.
I have a bad habit, when I start something I don't stop until the job is done.

Needless to say the moving part is done.
I have to install a dog door and curtains today and hook up washing machines etc.

Helping my sister move.
I have a bad habit, when I start something I don't stop until the job is done.

Needless to say the moving part is done.
I have to install a dog door and curtains today and hook up washing machines etc.

Oh ok, perfectly understandable - and i know what you mean about not stopping something until the job is done, no matter what the time is.

Your sister is lucky to have a brother like you by the way

Oh ok, perfectly understandable - and i know what you mean about not stopping something until the job is done, no matter what the time is.

Your sister is lucky to have a brother like you by the way
Ha thanks!
Either lucky or very unlucky.
She is so tired already :D
At least when she is settled she will sleep well for a few days!

I'm used to working 18 hours plus per day and also when you have a small child you don't get much quality sleep.

My clients love me too :D

@kev mac this is my method. It seems counter intuitive but firstly I don't like cutting cotton thinner as recommended and secondly if I pack the cotton too tightly by thr airholes I get dry hits because I like to vape this little guy at 60W to 80W.

Firstly make sure this little knurled thingy is tight.
20170319_100442.jpg

I am using the stock coils and cotton bacon.
20170319_100607.jpg

I cut the cotton to fit flush or slightly less flush than the base.
20170319_100801.jpg 20170319_100959.jpg
20170319_100846.jpg
I run the cotton pick through the ends to make them thin and very fluffy.
20170319_101028.jpg
Prime the coils so they are easier to work with.
20170319_101149.jpg 20170319_101306.jpg 20170319_101311.jpg
Inserting inot the tank, there is a bit sticking out but pressing ever so gently and it slips right in. I use the cotton pick to tuck the wick lightly so the cotton does not get squeezed between the chimney and base.
20170319_101455.jpg 20170319_101506.jpg 20170319_101601.jpg

Note the juice hole is almost perpendicular to the airhole I.E. if juice holes are north and south, air holes will be east and west.
20170319_101645.jpg

I close the airholes, fill and then turn the tank upside down before opening the air control.

I know it's wicking perfectly when I see air bubbles like this after a toot!
20170319_102342.jpg 20170319_102335.jpg

I also fill to 3/4s first time and then full on consecutive fills.

So far on fill #2 while I type but no leaks even though this tank gave me so much grief when I got it.

This method seems to work thr best for me and I was at a stage where I was going to throw it away let alone sell it.

@kev mac , some after thoughts :

1. I use 70/30 vg/pg juice.
2. Under any circumstances DO NOT leave this tank full on a mod. I once left a full tank in it and came back a day later to find all the juice on, in and around the base of the mod.
3. The 2ml capacity is sufficient to vape and leave empty until you need it again etc.

I repeat DO NOT leave a full tank on a mod unless you take the atty off and keep it upside down.

Wow @Christos, thats a great tutorial!!
I'll post a build for the kayfun if it means you build it sooner :D
I read somwhere you had the strength to take on a Russian army today. Take on the Russian v5.
I'm very confident you will retire the lemo shortly after.

I'll post a build for the kayfun if it means you build it sooner :D
I read somwhere you had the strength to take on a Russian army today. Take on the Russian v5.
I'm very confident you will retire the lemo shortly after.

Oh @Christos you are classic

I had that strength this morning, correct. Thats why I had quite a productive day today, it was all about the vaping. Vendors, VapeMeet, some discussions and a bit more planning on VapeCon, Kiwichi Juice Review, checking the forum and answering about 20 PMs. But now I am just relaxing with the Lemo. Its days may be numbered I agree but that is sad for me. Crazy but thats how I feel.

I think let me try the Kayfun first and if (or probably when) I run into trouble I will most definitely ask you for help ;-)

Oh @Christos you are classic

I had that strength this morning, correct. Thats why I had quite a productive day today, it was all about the vaping. Vendors, VapeMeet, some discussions and a bit more planning on VapeCon, Kiwichi Juice Review, checking the forum and answering about 20 PMs. But now I am just relaxing with the Lemo. Its days may be numbered I agree but that is sad for me. Crazy but thats how I feel.

I think let me try the Kayfun first and if (or probably when) I run into trouble I will most definitely ask you for help ;-)
You won't run into trouble. Will be a 5 minute learning cure to see how everything screws in.

You won't run into trouble. Will be a 5 minute learning cure to see how everything screws in.

I have gotten as far as opening the box and seeing that its all there
And i saw there is a user manual folded into the little box ;-)

@kev mac this is my method. It seems counter intuitive but firstly I don't like cutting cotton thinner as recommended and secondly if I pack the cotton too tightly by thr airholes I get dry hits because I like to vape this little guy at 60W to 80W.

Firstly make sure this little knurled thingy is tight.
View attachment 88681

I am using the stock coils and cotton bacon.
View attachment 88680

I cut the cotton to fit flush or slightly less flush than the base.
View attachment 88679 View attachment 88677
View attachment 88678
I run the cotton pick through the ends to make them thin and very fluffy.
View attachment 88676
Prime the coils so they are easier to work with.
View attachment 88675 View attachment 88674 View attachment 88673
Inserting inot the tank, there is a bit sticking out but pressing ever so gently and it slips right in. I use the cotton pick to tuck the wick lightly so the cotton does not get squeezed between the chimney and base.
View attachment 88672 View attachment 88671 View attachment 88670

Note the juice hole is almost perpendicular to the airhole I.E. if juice holes are north and south, air holes will be east and west.
View attachment 88669

I close the airholes, fill and then turn the tank upside down before opening the air control.

I know it's wicking perfectly when I see air bubbles like this after a toot!
View attachment 88667 View attachment 88668

I also fill to 3/4s first time and then full on consecutive fills.

So far on fill #2 while I type but no leaks even though this tank gave me so much grief when I got it.

This method seems to work thr best for me and I was at a stage where I was going to throw it away let alone sell it.
@Christos ,great job on the tutorial you definitely have a knack for it. I will use your technique for sure next time. I know we all will look forward to any future tutorials!

The Petri RTA is one of my favourite RTAs to date.

Best build I have had in it so far is definitely: 26g twisted kanthal , 5(wraps) ,2.5mm(id)

Wicking this tank to me has never been a problem. ( I only ever use cotton bacon v2)
I usually cut the wicks so that they touch the bottom of the wicking channel.
Then as you can see by @Christos post , the wicks must be pretty dense/bulky .
If you have the wicks to thin then I find that no matter how long you make it , it will leak.

@kev mac , some after thoughts :

1. I use 70/30 vg/pg juice.
2. Under any circumstances DO NOT leave this tank full on a mod. I once left a full tank in it and came back a day later to find all the juice on, in and around the base of the mod.
3. The 2ml capacity is sufficient to vape and leave empty until you need it again etc.

I repeat DO NOT leave a full tank on a mod unless you take the atty off and keep it upside down.
@Christos hello my friend,well I finally got back to my Petri and I have learned much about it. I have learned it is an absolute over priced piece of crap that is just not worth the effort and agony it takes to get even a decent vape.If it doesn't leak it gets a ohms low message because it isn't lined up perfectly. I have wasted too much time on this torture chamber of a tank for what? I finally came to the conclusion and asked myself"why go through all this when you can be getting a top notch vape on the Engine with no sweat at all?"I think of the money wasted on this crap atty when I could have bought three Engines for the same price. I followed your great tutorial and watched every video I could find but nothing is worth this much trouble. I thank you so much for your help but this thing does not play fair with me.Any one want to buy a slightly used Petri cheap?

@Christos hello my friend,well I finally got back to my Petri and I have learned much about it. I have learned it is an absolute over priced piece of crap that is just not worth the effort and agony it takes to get even a decent vape.If it doesn't leak it gets a ohms low message because it isn't lined up perfectly. I have wasted too much time on this torture chamber of a tank for what? I finally came to the conclusion and asked myself"why go through all this when you can be getting a top notch vape on the Engine with no sweat at all?"I think of the money wasted on this crap atty when I could have bought three Engines for the same price. I followed your great tutorial and watched every video I could find but nothing is worth this much trouble. I thank you so much for your help but this thing does not play fair with me.Any one want to buy a slightly used Petri cheap?

Send it my way. Pm me

after a few disparate attempts at wicking I believe I have finally nailed it. tips in this thread were just perfect. combed and fluffy!
09f5ac35cdc7cd2c2ce5ce884e8f6c0f.jpg

Back