PROOF! - Vaping bigger in Cape Town than Jo'burg!

Raindance

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Current research stands in support of what we Capies have known all along, Cape Town is the centre of the South African vaping scene.

The facts this researcher bases this amazing revelation on are that during a recent ECIGSSA vape meet in Cape Town, 357 vapers responded and RSVP'd. For the same event type to be held in Jo'burg in a few days time, only 123 vapers have as yet responded. (Correct as at the time of posting this article.)

The information can be verified here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-1-april-2017.t34544/
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-cape-town-vapemeet-sat-5-nov-16-rsvp.t29789/

The significance of this new information is that it supports the Cape Town bid for hosting the next annual Vapecon, as there is clearly a much larger active vaping population in the mother of all cities than up north as was previously assumed.

I hereby therefore lodge a formal motion for the re-location of Vapecon2017 to the CICC.

That is unless our friends up north can prove my research wrong...

Regards

Hi @Raindance

Very interesting thread. Have moved it here for further discussion.

VapeCon 2017 will be taking place on 26 August 2017 at Heartfelt Arena in Pretoria.
That cannot easily be changed now because we have already invested a significant amount of time, effort and money on this year's event. It may not seem like it but there has already been a lot of work behind the scenes to make it a great event this year.

But thanks for the comments and I know there are many enthusiastic vapers in the Mother City!

Am happy to discuss more as we go along.

Current research stands in support of what we Capies have known all along, Cape Town is the centre of the South African vaping scene.

The facts this researcher bases this amazing revelation on are that during a recent ECIGSSA vape meet in Cape Town, 357 vapers responded and RSVP'd. For the same event type to be held in Jo'burg in a few days time, only 123 vapers have as yet responded. (Correct as at the time of posting this article.)

The information can be verified here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-1-april-2017.t34544/
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-cape-town-vapemeet-sat-5-nov-16-rsvp.t29789/

The significance of this new information is that it supports the Cape Town bid for hosting the next annual Vapecon, as there is clearly a much larger active vaping population in the mother of all cities than up north as was previously assumed.

I hereby therefore lodge a formal motion for the re-location of Vapecon2017 to the CICC.

That is unless our friends up north can prove my research wrong...

Regards

It is also not only about the amount of people that RSVP but the amount that show up to such events.

Vapecon 2016 was estimated (X) amount would be present and almost double of that showed up on the day.
@Silver should be able to confirm the numbers.

Hi @Raindance

Very interesting thread. Have moved it here for further discussion.

VapeCon 2017 will be taking place on 26 August 2017 at Heartfelt Arena in Pretoria.
That cannot easily be changed now because we have already invested a significant amount of time, effort and money on this year's event. It may not seem like it but there has already been a lot of work behind the scenes to make it a great event this year.

But thanks for the comments and I know there are many enthusiastic vapers in the Mother City!

Am happy to discuss more as we go along.

It is also not only about the amount of people that RSVP but the amount that show up to such events.

Vapecon 2016 was estimated (X) amount would be present and almost double of that showed up on the day.
@Silver should be able to confirm the numbers.

Hi Gents

Was meant a bit tongue in cheek hoping to rile up some enthusiasm from the Jo'burg clan. Expected at least one virtual bikers salute but no, nothing until now...

Not really wishing to move the event as the largest concentration of vendors are up there and as Silver said, there is a lot already invested in it. I would like to secure another event like we had last year however.

Here's hoping for some more responses from the crowd up there, Vapecon 2018 is just around the corner and I can start looking for a venue so long. :--)

Regards

@Raindance yous also have the cape vape fest, although not hosted by ecigssa.

I think JHB is also most central from the other two main city centers (Durban and Cape Town)

@Raindance yous also have the cape vape fest, although not hosted by ecigssa.

I think JHB is also most central from the other two main city centers (Durban and Cape Town)
Pity it is so far from us down here. I am fighting the temptation to re-organise the milestones in one of my project plans to align the dates of one of the national meetings with Vapecon2017. If it were not such a corrupt thing to do...

But whom knows, the stars may align and good fortune may yet smile on me.

Regards

Pity it is so far from us down here. I am fighting the temptation to re-organise the milestones in one of my project plans to align the dates of one of the national meetings with Vapecon2017. If it were not such a corrupt thing to do...

Regards
And this is why I loathe project managers :D

Regards

My fingers are crossed for you brother, i know the feeling when you want to be some where but the dates collide and whats important has to take preference.

But if there are some mean specials and you dont come but want something let me know brother and we can sort out something.

I know its about everyone getting together but the special deals is also one of the reasons everyone goes also.

Regards

Holding thumbs for you @Raindance
May it work out somehow that you are able to make it
We are all going to have a very special time at VapeCon 2017. We are working hard to make it very special that I can assure you.

Coming from outside SA to vapecon, JHB is a significantly more economical prospect than Cape Town or Durbs... Not too sure if there are any vapers outside SA that actually came to vapecon last year...

@Raindance as a senior developer and project manager, if I tell it's going to take 6 weeks, it will take 6 weeks.

Not because I'm lazy and in don't feel like working but because from experience I know 3 weeks down the line the business requirement will change and the scope will creep.

I've have done this enough to know what the customer wants is not actually what he wants and my job is to guide the customer along what he wants until he realises what he actually needs.

@Raindance as a senior developer and project manager, if I tell it's going to take 6 weeks, it will take 6 weeks.

Not because I'm lazy and in don't feel like working but because from experience I know 3 weeks down the line the business requirement will change and the scope will creep.

I've have done this enough to know what the customer wants is not actually what he wants and my job is to guide the customer along what he wants until he realises what he actually needs.
Spoken like a true consultant... Lol, no offence intended. I'm in house and with us it is a case of everybody eventually agreeing to timelines and resources etc, until the day you actually need the resource. Then there are 101 reasons why it can not be done. Back to the drawing-board. Therefore, if he original plan called for a six month time-frame, double that as contingency and even then it can be considered as an optimistic projection.

Meanwhile, the same executive that shoots down your requirement is hammering you to get the job done ahead of schedule.

I hate managing projects, I think its the loneliest job imaginable and just serves to set one up as a target and scapegoat for ...

Apologies for the rant, I guess I'm not alone in this.

Regards

I see the RSVP number is stationary at 125 for the last 24 hours, anybody want to make it 126?

Dont worry @Raindance , we are going to have a great time at the upcoming JHB Vape meet, irrespective of the number on the RSVP list ;-)

We have 'imported' a couple of Durbanites too, just to get the ball rolling again... Failing that, there is always the 'rent-a-crowd' option ;)
I hope that doesn't skew your current research :angel:

Hi all, considering we are leading legalisation in CPT regarding marijuana. I'd say we deserve a VapeCon down here ;) I've never been to 1 but vape shops are springing up all over my area and it's definitely growing like a wild fire! Vape 4 The Win!

I can see how confusing this must be for a Cape Townian, considering they have "EVERYTHING" in their view better than in the North - and how it must really suck for them that vaping is unfortunately not better in Cape Town. :flipa:

Unfortunately the data used in this example is conflicted - what would be interesting is a like for like comparison. :nerd: I guess this will really show Cape Town how far they have come, but yet how far they need to go.
:eaea:

Its ok - we understand how this must feel.

I can see how confusing this must be for a Cape Townian, considering they have "EVERYTHING" in their view better than in the North - and how it must really suck for them that vaping is unfortunately not better in Cape Town. :flipa:

Unfortunately the data used in this example is conflicted - what would be interesting is a like for like comparison. :nerd: I guess this will really show Cape Town how far they have come, but yet how far they need to go.
:eaea:

Its ok - we understand how this must feel.
I'd respond to this sooner but I was spending the time here in the South watching the pothole outside my window get repaired after reporting it yesterday, and the streetlamp replaced after an accident during rush hour traffic this morning.
Oh dayumnn :p

But yes, agreed that the data in the study is far from accurate!

I'd respond to this sooner but I was spending the time here in the South watching the pothole outside my window get repaired after reporting it yesterday, and the streetlamp replaced after an accident during rush hour traffic this morning.
Oh dayumnn :p

But yes, agreed that the data in the study is far from accurate!
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh well played sir! :guitars:

Caused no doubt by the horrific typical Cape Town driving :p

Oooh a little North VS South Banter, I love it, but not more than I love typing this message on my cell phone while walking in public and NOT having it stolen. Luckily I wont be able to smell the jealousy over the sea breeze.

" Good morning oh worm your honor ..."
" The crown will plainly show the prisoner which was sent before you,
Was caught red handed vaping E-juice,
Vaping E-juice of a certain Cape Town nature,
This will not do ..."
" ...The evidence before the court is incontrovertible,
There's no need for the jury to retire ... "

What can I say, its one of those days...

Regards

Caused no doubt by the horrific typical Cape Town driving :p
Sorry but we have to slow down when you guys show up. Its a safety thing. See, when people that don't do driving that well share our roads we try to make them feel at home and welcome. Its one of those "hospitality" "Friendly City" things you will find in all developed civilizations.

(Only Joking.... well kind of at least :p)

Regards

(P.S. (edit) @aktorsyl , What do you mean my data is far from accurate? I created it myself!)

Back