Reload RTA by Reload Vapor USA (Kylin Killer?)

Right, so for those who have this RTA, what are you thoughts? Is it just another overly hyped product, or is it worth the R1090 price tag?
Also, is ThroatPunch the only vendor selling it?

Thanks!

I'm loving my Reload RTA.

Rich flavourism vape, it's super easy to build on. The best part about this is that I have had 0 leaking issues if wicked properly. And with the way this RTA was built, it's so easy to get right. Definitive win from me!

I'm loving my Reload RTA.

Rich flavourism vape, it's super easy to build on. The best part about this is that I have had 0 leaking issues if wicked properly. And with the way this RTA was built, it's so easy to get right. Definitive win from me!
Thanks for your detailed feedback.
Only ThroatPunch selling it? It's always out of stock... DAMMMMIT

Any advice on how to wick this?
I'm getting dry hits no matter how much I comb out my cotton.
For disclosure, I'm a noob and have no idea what I'm doing.
This is my second RTA and I never managed to get it right on my first one (Ammit 25).
So an idiots guide to wicking the Reload RTA would be appreciated :)

Currently I have a 3mm ID SS316 26ga build at 0.35ohm in there (not spaced). (10 wraps if I had to guess)

This is my second RTA and I never managed to get it right on my first one (Ammit 25).

Currently I have a 3mm ID SS316 26ga build at 0.35ohm in there (not spaced). (10 wraps if I had to guess)
Yes, see below. Fast forward to when he starts using the cotton.

Remember not to stuff the wicking slots. You should not be able to see the cotton through them as a rule of thumb. I have never had a dry hit off this thing.

Attachments

• 20170805_114628.jpg
    20170805_114628.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 74
Yes, see below. Fast forward to when he starts using the cotton.

Remember not to stuff the wicking slots. You should not be able to see the cotton through them as a rule of thumb. I have never had a dry hit off this thing.

My first build that I did last night was very similar to this. Just took the excess fluff off the cotton. Cut it short. Tucked it gently into the juice well (not touching the bottom).
It ended up just running dry. No bubbles. Not pulling up any juice. Not sure how it could have worked out so different with such a similar process.

My first build that I did last night was very similar to this. Just took the excess fluff off the cotton. Cut it short. Tucked it gently into the juice well (not touching the bottom).
It ended up just running dry. No bubbles. Not pulling up any juice. Not sure how it could have worked out so different with such a similar process.
dude. you just have no luck.

Rake the cotton bud. I have never had a dry hit off this thing.

I follow the same method as CV but I do rake the cotton to make sure it is nice and fluffy. Trip the edges of your cotton tails if need be.

Last edited:

use spaced coils on 26g with that Diameter, I dont get any dry hits. If I chain vape on non spaced 26g 3mm 7 wraps I get dry hits bare in mind that is if im chain vaping. Spaced coils seem to be best for me

dude. you just have no luck.
I think its a question of no skill. At this point I really can't blame the product. The build that the guy from Vaper's Corner did for me was flawless. I think the best thing is for me to go back there and sit with him. I should do the build and he should point out where the hell I'm going wrong :p
Rake the cotton bud. I have never had a dry hit off this thing.

I follow the same method as CV but I do rake the cotton to make sure it is nice and fluffy. Trip the edges of your cotton tails if need be.
I make sure it is nice and fluffy. Not sure what "trip the edges" means?
use spaced coils on 26g with that Diameter, I dont get any dry hits. If I chain vape on non spaced 26g 3mm 7 wraps I get dry hits bare in mind that is if im chain vaping. Spaced coils seem to be best for me
My very first build when I got the Reload was spaced. I didn't get dry hits but I also didn't get much flavor off of it.
I can relate.
Believe me :p
You are cursed. And you have somehow managed to infect me :p

I've watched that video 3 times over. You literally just cut and push the cotton in. How does it even wick at all?
I'll try this when I get home...

I think its a question of no skill. At this point I really can't blame the product. The build that the guy from Vaper's Corner did for me was flawless. I think the best thing is for me to go back there and sit with him. I should do the build and he should point out where the hell I'm going wrong

My very first build when I got the Reload was spaced. I didn't get dry hits but I also didn't get much flavor off of it.

You are cursed. And you have somehow managed to infect me

I've watched that video 3 times over. You literally just cut and push the cotton in. How does it even wick at all?
Hehe KISS dude KISS

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I've watched that video 3 times over. You literally just cut and push the cotton in. How does it even wick at all?I'll try this when I get home...
Sometimes I wonder if we're being overcareful :p

I'm really starting to wonder if this is not my problem.
The next attempt will either be a surprising success or a monumental failure. Either way, it should be entertaining :p
Well, to be fair - the last time I rewicked my Exocet I did it within 20 seconds by keeping it extremely simple and not being overcareful at all.
....it was a clusterfck.

So there seems to be a middle ground :p

I think its a question of no skill. At this point I really can't blame the product. The build that the guy from Vaper's Corner did for me was flawless. I think the best thing is for me to go back there and sit with him. I should do the build and he should point out where the hell I'm going wrong :p

You are cursed. And you have somehow managed to infect me :p

Trim the edges of the cotton tails before you put them in. You dont need to but just make you have some space in the wicking slots.

Trim the edges of the cotton tails before you put them in. You dont need to but just make you have some space in the wicking slots.
Just to check, do you mean cut it shorter or cut off the sides? I'm sure what to trim in this scenario.

Just to check, do you mean cut it shorter or cut off the sides? I'm sure what to trim in this scenario.

Apologies. The sides, but only if you need to. Don't stuff the cotton in, make sure it is put in comfortably.

Rregarding the bottom, just make sure it is not visible from the wicking holes.

Thanks for all the advice here guys. Looks like my evening has been booked out from under me. I'll dive back into this tomorrow after my ride. Maybe try some Ni80 30x3 + 38 wire while I'm at it...

7 wraps Ni80 3mm ID 30x3 + 38 @ 0.342Ω
TC60LEg.jpg

The amount of cotton I pulled through
VfekDm2.jpg

Measuring it
BaaGhvY.jpg

I ended up trimming and thinning it a bit to get the wick to not feel packed in the juice hole.
It is just in there, cant see it from the outside,
I'm a couple of puffs in. It does not release any bubbles but the flavor seems to be consistent and no dry hits so far.

@TheV

Bubbles bubbles bubbles(see photos)

Your cotton seems too thick.

Attachments

• 20170809_143535.jpg
    20170809_143535.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20170809_143533.jpg
    20170809_143533.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20170809_143535(0).jpg
    20170809_143535(0).jpg