Reo refurb advice.

Stevape;)

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey there guys I am seriously considering stripping my Reos paint giving it a brushed finish as the black is wearing thin and has a few marks. Then the brass door I have do I do a patina finish on it or brush as well or leave the door as stock?

Your input on this would be greatly appreciated I have no idea.. So far Im thinking Brushed Alu body with Patina door.:confused:

I would try leave it as original as possible if you want to strip the paint maybe leave the aluminum showing in its raw form with the brass door staying the same , just polish it.
You can never get the same outcome of its original form with paint. It will just chip off. The only way is to get it anodized.
That's my 2c

I just did mine, and am thrilled. The Mod, not the door.

Admitedly, this super useful info was from @Alex 's threads.

I stripped it down. Covered the top and bottom of the 510 tightly with prestik. I let it stand so the prestik hardens to a perfect seal. Then bought some paint stipper, applied, wiped off the paint after a few minutes with a cloth... and it was perfectly down to the Raw alluminium.

I am by no means a DIY guy, and right now my Reo looks new. It had quite a bit of scars before, in its black vein (I think it was) look. It is totally doable!

Thanx ever one. Yes my plan was to do the paint stripper. And then give it the brushed finish with a few flapper wheels I have.

One more option,you could strip it down polish the corners top and bottom then sand the sides with some 100 grit sandpaper. It gives a nice contrast.
IMG_1759.JPG

@hands that makes sence as those are all the wearing bits on my one as it spends a fair amount of time in my pocket.

I've been keeping mine in a brushed finish for over a year now. I use scotchbrite pad. Its a fuss free. Light scratches come out by just going over it with the pad. Deep ones you need to sand out.
9006066f7dd7f0d90cc1174ea96c8e59.jpg

It should work, the contrast might not be as great as the rough sanded surfaces.

I gave up on a full high polish finish. It was a complete disaster !!!! The events that occurred that day would give you a chuckle and a half...

I think I could manage the corners though :)

I only have raw aluminum doors on my reo's nowadays. Every couple of months I get the urge to play around with them, and last night was one of those occasions. So I gave them both a very quick sanding with 1200grit, followed by a nice brasso shine, then I popped off the fire buttons and glossed up the button tops.

When I first started vaping, the tinkering around with mods and such was a great distraction for my hands which were well accustomed to fiddling around with cigarettes for 28 odd years.
giphy.gif

Doesn't the rough sand get dirty quick as @Papa_Lazarou also said Reos are working mods I can testify to that
I clean my REO's regularly by giving them a bath in the ultrasonic, my hands are always dirty from polishing compound and normal work stuffs, so for me cleaning is a normal part of vaping.

See and that is exactly why I need another Reo. Cause at the moment its a case of wash wash wash dry assemble and vape again.

I just take my atty of and battery out then into the bath she goes, when done i just dry her on a towel, apply grease to the contacts and she is good to go, while two of them are in the bath the other one gets a vape.

See and that is exactly why I need another Reo. Cause at the moment its a case of wash wash wash dry assemble and vape again.

and then you need more to have all your adv juices in them;)

@Stevape;), a quickie pic of the back to TRA with brass patina door idea that you mentioned to give you an idea of the look.

mini10ps.jpg

I clean my REO's regularly by giving them a bath in the ultrasonic, my hands are always dirty from polishing compound and normal work stuffs, so for me cleaning is a normal part of vaping.
Does your ultrasonic not leave a feint patina on the metal ?

Does your ultrasonic not leave a feint patina on the metal ?
My ultrasonic normally has a jewellery cleaning solution in it and cleans it up well, i have not seen and patina forming

Back