REO - The Basics

Wow, @annemarievdh , glad for you the guys all tried to help and that you got it working
Hope it works well for you from now on

I hope so 2, you see I think some mysterious forces are at work this side. Since Jaco left end of May something seems to break every week.
The geezer, the boot of the car, the turbo of the car, the dstv decoder, leads, my laptop, the generator, my son's bicycle, my daughters tooth and the list goes on...

But I'm very grateful for all the help. Would not be able to fix it without you guys help.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting a reos grand. Any ideas on time to delivery?
Also does anybody want to split shipping costs?
I have spent so much on mods these last 2 months that I'm thinking I should just get the squonker that works.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting a reos grand. Any ideas on time to delivery?
I have spent so much on mods these last 2 months that I'm thinking I should just get the squonker that works.
@Christos, for the shipping we recommend (around $43) it is quite fast - about 10 to 14 days. Chances are, however, that @Oupa from Vapour Mountain has brought in some extra Reos with the latest pre-order. This pre-order is already in the country. If you are interested, drop him a PM or email.

@Christos contact @Oupa at Vapour Mountain as he may have ordered some spares with his latest shipment of REO's due to arrive in the next few hours!

http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/brand/reosmods/

When the Post Office are not on strike it takes around 10 days to arrive if there are no issues... Remember to select the $48 shipping method of you do order direct.

Thanks guys. I see he opens at 9 am. I'll call in 30 mins and pm in the meantime. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for stock! Should have bought a reos years ago. Kept thinking it was damn expensive. If I look back at all the mods that have broken etc etc I was real dumb.

OK, so I PM'd, called and emailed. Stock has not arrived yet and @Oupa has left the building - for the day at least. Now its time to sit back and wait impatiently for news of my Reos. Any thoughts on a good bottom feed RDA or should i just go with the reomizer? I know vapeclub will convert a RDA to bottom feed for free and sir vape has or had stock of the RDA that had the bottom feeder pin included, just wondering if there is a super amazing RDA that you would recommend.

OK, so I PM'd, called and emailed. Stock has not arrived yet and @Oupa has left the building - for the day at least. Now its time to sit back and wait impatiently for news of my Reos. Any thoughts on a good bottom feed RDA or should i just go with the reomizer? I know vapeclub will convert a RDA to bottom feed for free and sir vape has or had stock of the RDA that had the bottom feeder pin included, just wondering if there is a super amazing RDA that you would recommend.

If you are after flavour then an RM2 or a Cyclone is the way forward. If you are more into clouds then the 22mm atties would be an option for you.

If you are after flavour then an RM2 or a Cyclone is the way forward. If you are more into clouds then the 22mm atties would be an option for you.
Thanks Rob. Think ill go with the RM2. Im after flavor with mild clouds. Besides the wife moans when I mist up the house :D ( I doubt that will stop though).
Personally I like a .2 to .5 ohm build and I rather enjoy my Plume Veil. I havent bothered buying more RDA's purely because I only use the plume veil when im home and the convenience of a RTA often outweighs the effort required.

Thanks Rob. Think ill go with the RM2. Im after flavor with mild clouds. Besides the wife moans when I mist up the house :D ( I doubt that will stop though).
Personally I like a .2 to .5 ohm build and I rather enjoy my Plume Veil. I havent bothered buying more RDA's purely because I only use the plume veil when im home and the convenience of a RTA often outweighs the effort required.

Hi @Christos
The RM2 and cyclone are mouth to lung atties
So if you like mouth to lung vaping, then go for one of those. They both have great flavour and are very easy to use. RM2 has a screw on top and Cyclone has a snap on top. Thing is the Cyclone standard airhole is even smaller than the RM2 standard airhole, so most find it very tight and have to open it up a bit
RM2 is perfect for me for mouth to lung

Personally I like direct lung hits. Perhaps I should buy a dremmel rotary tool and mod my plume veil.

Personally I like direct lung hits. Perhaps I should buy a dremmel rotary tool and mod my plume veil.

Ah, ok
Then i dont think the RM2 and Cyclone are for you if you prefer lung hits

Ling hitting atties in the Reo that i know folk have liked are the Derringer, Rogue, Cyclops, Odin and Nuppin
I may have missed a few...

I had a bf Plume Veil, but was not for me - was not a good clone I think. Sure VapeClub will bf it for you - no longer free though. About R80 a shot.

I mainly do mouth to lung as well and prefer the Cyclops (Cyclone with AFC), Rogue and Odin for more air.

Cyclops: http://www.vapedecadence.co.za/product-category/vicious-ant/
Rogue: http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/rebuild-able-atomisers/products/rogue
Odin not available locally at the moment as far as I know.
You might also ask VM if he is bringing in any other atties.

I had a bf Plume Veil, but was not for me - was not a good clone I think. Sure VapeClub will bf it for you - no longer free though. About R80 a shot.

I mainly do mouth to lung as well and prefer the Cyclops (Cyclone with AFC), Rogue and Odin for more air.

Cyclops: http://www.vapedecadence.co.za/product-category/vicious-ant/
Rogue: http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/rebuild-able-atomisers/products/rogue
Odin not available locally at the moment as far as I know.
You might also ask VM if he is bringing in any other atties.
R80 is cheaper than a dremmel rotary tool and drill press stand! Also I'm rather lazy. Thanks.

Finally gotten around to testing different Atties on the REO's! From left to right... Hornet, Chalice, Divo, @hands Cap with Cyclone deck, Cyclone, PDA, Cyclops or if you prefer the Cyclone AFC.

My Favorites in order are... Cyclone and @hands Cap with Cyclone Deck, Divo and PDA.

Attys 005.JPG

I did it. It was like an itch I needed to scratch.

I replaced the firing pin, gasket, plate... alles. And I can now truly confirm a REO is just about foolproof. If I can rebuild one, then anyone can.

Funny thing is, I don't think I needed to. The old girl was firing perfectly. The gasket looked a bit worn, but could probably have stayed. I just really, really wanted to know exactly how its put together, so that I can rest easy knowing I can fully maintain it.

Again I say, if you are looking for a mod that you can properly rely on, its the Reo!

I did it. It was like an itch I needed to scratch.

I replaced the firing pin, gasket, plate... alles. And I can now truly confirm a REO is just about foolproof. If I can rebuild one, then anyone can.

Funny thing is, I don't think I needed to. The old girl was firing perfectly. The gasket looked a bit worn, but could probably have stayed. I just really, really wanted to know exactly how its put together, so that I can rest easy knowing I can fully maintain it.

Again I say, if you are looking for a mod that you can properly rely on, its the Reo!
Great stuff. I remember the apprehension with my my first repair kit install, which I had to do with the new gold plated contacts.

Back